Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] Ever betray someone for the sniper rifle ?

OP Dr Nooky

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Come on you naughty people, fess up..
Yep. All the time. But never anyone that knows what they are doing with it.

I only betray noobs that hog the sniper, Jet pack up to some high point on a map or hide up the back of the map with cammo and proceed to get only 3 kills with it and ones that wont shoot vehicles that are destroying the team just so they can pad their KD stats and say " but i only died twice"

Case in point we had some random in our team the other night. He got the first 3 snipers on Hemmorage and had a total of 5 kills (from 36 Bullets) with it just over half way through the game. I betrayed him when he picked up the forth sniper as he jetpacked back to his hiding spot high up on the cliff and promptly gave the sniper rifle to my mate who proceeded to get 10 kills with it. All headshots. The last 2 bullets where put into their newly spawned Wraith which made team DMRing it so much easier.

Some people wont agree with me on this but power weapons best serve the team when used by players who know what they are doing with them. I you want to play hide and seek and pad your KD stats with the Sniper then go play Team Snipers. You will never get betrayed for the sniper in that play list.
Intentional betrayers are the most disgusting players in MM. If you want the sniper, camp the spawn. A noob with AC can't beat you to it at the game start in Hemmorage if you have JP or Sprint. If a noob gets the sniper multiple times in a game, it's your fault.

If it's a close team game, I want the most skilled using the most effective weapon(s). If your team is dominating, you're simply stat padding if you hog the sniper or banshee.
Almost never intentionally. Almost.

As slayer of flood stated above, if I see someone beat me to say the rockets, I'll let them have it. Until they prove themselves to be a waste of that resource. At that point if I see them with it after that point I'll make sure that someone else playing with me, or even myself gets it first. I know when I should leave the power weapons I'm not the best with to someone else is better with them.

That, and when someone betrays me out of incompetence with a certain weapon, I'll certainly return the favor.
Quote:
Almost never intentionally. Almost.

As slayer of flood stated above, if I see someone beat me to say the rockets, I'll let them have it. Until they prove themselves to be a waste of that resource. At that point if I see them with it after that point I'll make sure that someone else playing with me, or even myself gets it first. I know when I should leave the power weapons I'm not the best with to someone else is better with them.

That, and when someone betrays me out of incompetence with a certain weapon, I'll certainly return the favor.
That exactly right Miraak. If someone beats me to a weapon i never betray them. Thats their good luck. I play my role in my team and know what i have to do. I generally dont use the sniper myself. I also dont let my power weapon of choice that i want dictate the Armour ability I select either which is usually Sprint.

I only betray folks for power weapons once they have proved their incompetence with it and are clearly hogging it and controlling its re-spawn. I only betray them when i am the player closest to the player with it and then i will pick it up and deliver it to a team mate whom is good with it. That serves a great purpose because the betrayed player then takes his frustration out on me and i dont have the sniper so the weapon can be used by a player with experience without being shot at by a team mate. Most times those betrayals happen while the said individual is camping it spawn or is waiting for everyone to leave the base so he can drop the weapon and spawn a new one.

On the flip side i like my vehicles in MM. Plenty of times i will get in a Wraith or Tank and someone BK will start destroying me cause he wants it. I will get out and give it to him because i figure that for the team it is better to have the Tank or Wraith in one piece and being used for the benefit of the team rather than having flamed up and one shot because of some BK whom didnt get it.
Nah. If someone beats me to it, they can have it, and even if they're terrible, so what? It's just one game.
I can't think of one good reason to betray a teammate in Reach. Back in Halo 3, I admit that I teamcooked my fair share of people with the flamethrower, though.
Nope, though people punch me whenever I have it. It's alright if a noob gets the sniper; it's just a game. Besides, they need practice! Duh.
Only a greedy little pathetic selfish spoiled child would betray their team mates for a weapon.
Nope. I betrayed someone who betrayed me before, but I'm 2 Legit; betraying for the sniper outright is a no-no in my book.
Nope, though people still did it to me.
The only time I betray someone is either when they deserve it or it's an outright accident. I'll usually also forgive a betrayal if it was accidental or my own fault, such as sprinting in front of a wraith that was about to or was boosting.
Nope. I don't like when people do it for me so I don't do it for others.
..unless they try to shoot me with it.
I've never done it, but it's happened to me enough that it really pisses me off. Every time it happens I troll the turd 'til the match ends. I make the jerk go so negative I hope he'll think twice before he does it again.
This is a very...unusual thread.

On topic, I might have...maybe...on purpose...a few times.
I only ever betray someone for a weapon if someone kills me for it first.
Quote:
Come on you naughty people, fess up..
The way you've worded this makes me think of some creepy old guy saying this in a weird voice. I lol everytime.
I have never and never will betray a teammate on purpose. It's unfortunate that people do though. If I have a power weapon and some loser starts attacking me for it I just swap weapons with some random gun on the ground. Those type of people aren't worth the trouble to me and since I won't fight back they would have killed me eventually anyways.
I haven't betrayed teammates for sniper rifles, or for any other weapons.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2