Favorite Halo 3 Level ?

OP FestivHunter

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
My fav is The Covenant
My fav is The Covenant
I would have to go with The Ark. Mainly because if you look up into the sky you can see the Milky Way which is stunning, even for a game that is thirteen years old.

For future reference, any topics relating to other FPS Halo games either go in the Halo: The Master Chief Collection forum or the Legacy forum.
Probably Sierra 117 because of the music and overall fun of rescuing Johnson and holding out for evac at the end.
I'd say the last mission, Halo. It took what Combat Evolved already did really well and made it even better, adding up to one of the most epic conclusions of any video game. The Covenant is up there too, of course, but I think the last mission of Halo 3 gave me the most satisfaction after completing it.
My fav is The Covenant
If you pick any of the last four, you're winning in my opinion. The Ark, The Covenant, Cortana, Halo - all just fantastic in their own rights. Halo 3 really just lays on the gas at the end.
Probably Sierra 117 because of the music and overall fun of rescuing Johnson and holding out for evac at the end.
Me too. Holding out made you feel legendary.
I liked The Covenant the most. It had so many things going for it and starts out like Silent Cartographer did back in the original game.
My fav is The Covenant
If you pick any of the last four, you're winning in my opinion. The Ark, The Covenant, Cortana, Halo - all just fantastic in their own rights. Halo 3 really just lays on the gas at the end.
All of those are great except Cortana, in my opinion. The coolest part of that mission was the atmosphere, but besides that, it's frustrating to get through and kind of drags on for too long, as the entire area you play in just looks the same. It's not bad, it's just probably my least favorite mission in the game. The Ark, the Covenant, and Halo are all fantastic, though.
My fav is The Covenant
All of those are great except Cortana, in my opinion. The coolest part of that mission was the atmosphere, but besides that, it's frustrating to get through and kind of drags on for too long, as the entire area you play in just looks the same. It's not bad, it's just probably my least favorite mission in the game. The Ark, the Covenant, and Halo are all fantastic, though.
What I appreciate about Cortana is just the juxtaposition of High Charity from Halo 2 to see how quickly the Flood takes over and how truly disgusting they are. The claustrophobia, the infection forms reanimating corpses you didn't dash to pieces, the crammed hallways and biomass everywhere. Is it one of my favorite levels? No - but I think it's one of the most necessary depictions out of all the levels in the Halo franchise.
My fav is The Covenant
What I appreciate about Cortana is just the juxtaposition of High Charity from Halo 2 to see how quickly the Flood takes over and how truly disgusting they are. The claustrophobia, the infection forms reanimating corpses you didn't dash to pieces, the crammed hallways and biomass everywhere. Is it one of my favorite levels? No - but I think it's one of the most necessary depictions out of all the levels in the Halo franchise.
Yeah, as I said, it is definitely not my favorite Halo mission to play for fun, but it does have a great setting and significance in the trilogy.
I don't know as most of the missions in Halo 3 are pretty well balanced and a proper treat to play. Every single mission can be praised in some way like Halo for the Warthog run and journey to the control room while Sierra 117 features a unique jungle feeling.
I like the last level, Halo. I’ll never forget the Warthog run.
Another of my favs is Tsavo Highway
I dunno about u guys but I like it
I like the last level, Halo. I’ll never forget the Warthog run.
That is a really awesome part of halo 3
Voyagerin wrote:
I liked The Covenant the most. It had so many things going for it and starts out like Silent Cartographer did back in the original game.
The silent cartographer is my favorite level in halo CE
The Covenant is my favorite as well. Back when split screen wasn't held ransom by microtransactions, my friend and I would almost always play that level whenever we played H3 at each other's places. We'd play other levels too, but The Covenant was our go-to. On the rare occasion we got bored of playing that, we would play The Ark, the other long level in the game.
I loved fighting those two Scarabs. Different ways you can take them on as well. One of the most epic battles in any game ever.
Voyagerin wrote:
The silent cartographer is my favorite level in halo CE
Yeah, the number of way to complete it was always so innovative to me, especially considering the game's technical limitations back in the day!
I loved fighting those two Scarabs. Different ways you can take them on as well. One of the most epic battles in any game ever.
In Co-op I drive the hornet and drop player 2 on the first scarab and take on the other myself
In Co-op I drive the hornet and drop player 2 on the first scarab and take on the other myself
It's so badass when you and your buddy blow up both Scarabs at the same time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2