Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

FIX LEGACY HALO SERVERS UNTIL SUNSET

OP Depluralize

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
At this time on 360 Halo games, all "XBox Live File Verification" checks fail, changing all file names to "Blam!". Additionally, stats are not recording or updating on the Waypoint interface.

I understand that these games are supposed to be sunset, but please: Let them have one last season complete with custom games. These are the games that built the XBox juggernaut into what it has been for the last decade. It's perfectly reasonable to restore their online functionality for the limited term of the remaining lives of these games.

Please, 343i, fix the XBL integration and stat tracking for these games until they are fully sunset.
As of currently, 343i's attitude is "ah it's shutting down anyway, it's not really a problem." They need to realise that most people still playing the 360 games are doing so due to financial problems, and we PAY A MONTHLY FEE to even access these services.
Starting to feel like it . It would be nice if a mod would just tell us if they will fix it so we could stop wasting time checking it
Starting to feel like it . It would be nice if a mod would just tell us if they will fix it so we could stop wasting time checking it
Mods are volunteers and don't work for 343, we don't have access to this kind of information nor is that our purpose here on the forums
stckrboy wrote:
Mods are volunteers and don't work for 343, we don't have access to this kind of information nor is that our purpose here on the forums
I didn't know that im sorry for been rude
stckrboy wrote:
I didn't know that im sorry for been rude
Employees of 343i have the "343 INDUSTRIES" tag under their name
Ah ok i only joined about a week and a half ago so this all new to me :)
As of currently, 343i's attitude is "ah it's shutting down anyway, it's not really a problem." They need to realise that most people still playing the 360 games are doing so due to financial problems, and we PAY A MONTHLY FEE to even access these services.
I agree, but it's more than just that. There's a notion that MCC ought to be a drop-in replacement for Halo 3, but that's just not the case. The playlist structures are different. The playlist settings, such as map/mode combo weighting, are different. For example, Lone Wolves is missing entirely from MCC.

I know that these 360 versions are indeed shutting down soon, but these games are the games that built modern XBL. Their communities deserve one last season to enjoy them in a reasonable condition before they're shut down forever.
I am just now being made aware that stats aren't updating on the legacy titles on 360 no matter what I do.

This is not good.

I personally wanted to complete a few more things before they shut off for good and if it doesn't update in real time (or at least after a short delay) then what is the point of going back and doing it? Do the achievements still update? If they do, why don't the rest of the stats update?

Ugh...it's frustrating. I really wanted to grind one last time
Might be a good idea if 343 changed the splash screens for the legacy games to let everyone know when they intend to shut down services, achievements, stats, etc.
I'd pay a fee for a legacy stat transfer to mcc
Its sad.
Also ranking is going haywire on Reach. One day you’re captain and the next you’re Nova.
stckrboy wrote:
Moderators share community feedback to 343 Industries, correct? Has this occurred for the "Blam!" issue?
WastedU6 wrote:
Moderators share community feedback to 343 Industries, correct? Has this occurred for the "Blam!" issue?
No, we're here to help out on the forums and enforece the rules where necessary. We're not liaisons to 343
Went on Halo 4 to have my daily "lets see if fileshare is fixed" time and it seems that all Halo 4 servers are down rn (including Spartan Ops and War Games).

Hopefully this is some maintenance and 343 fixes fileshare, I would be eternally grateful at this point lol
stckrboy wrote:
WastedU6 wrote:
No, we're here to help out on the forums and enforece the rules where necessary. We're not liaisons to 343
A precedence was set when you liaised with 343 on 4/22/2020 in the below post. Can you please again?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/343-response-stats-are-not-counting-now/a3d49225-bd37-41a8-9d49-d560e83620c6/posts?page=7
  • snickerdoodle, can you please advise on the File Share problem? Let the community know if additional information can be provided to help 343 troubleshoot.
Quote:
A precedence was set when you liaised with 343 on 4/22/2020
I can assure you, it wasn't :)

If we did this every time, it would be the only thing we did and we'd spend all day passing messages over to 343. That's not why we're here
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:
A precedence was set when you liaised with 343 on 4/22/2020
I can assure you, it wasn't :)

If we did this every time, it would be the only thing we did and we'd spend all day passing messages over to 343. That's not why we're here
Can you do it anyway, please? Only 343i can fix those servers.

If you can't, then who should we @ to take a look? Does 343i have someone who watches the forums, and if so is there a proper way to get their attention?
This would be an incredible feat, but it would be amazing for those who don't own the MCC on Xbox One or PC.
This would be an incredible feat, but it would be amazing for those who don't own the MCC on Xbox One or PC.
Agree, it would be wonderful for people on the original 360 Halo releases.

Also, on a different topic, I'm noticing a lot of matches getting pulled apart with "Restarting Search", far more than normal. Can 343i also take a look at that, please? @snickerdoodle
Perhaps if somehow the number of players in Halo Legacy games suddenly and significantly increases causing problems with the servers, 343i will have to fix it or even increase the capacity of the servers, as happened with Battlefield 4 and EA recently after the announcement of Battlefield 2042, EA had to increase the total capacity of the Battlefield 4 servers. If something like this happened, 343i couldn't just ignore it and do nothing, right? It was just something that I thought, I would love for something like that to happen, but 343i should do something about it, it's as if every day that passes the servers are worse than the day before, outrageous.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3