Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

FIX LEGACY HALO SERVERS UNTIL SUNSET

OP Depluralize

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Anyone having trouble on 360 Spartan Assault? A friend and I couldn't finish or start a level. Kinda disappointed because I only need the 10k kills achievement for co op.
Can someone describe their experience with 3 and Reach matchmaking over the past week? I'm trying to decide if I should grab Live Gold now to play them, or if I should just wait until December when the population inevitably goes up.
znazanz777 wrote:
Can someone describe their experience with 3 and Reach matchmaking over the past week? I'm trying to decide if I should grab Live Gold now to play them, or if I should just wait until December when the population inevitably goes up.
If you just want to play something, I'd say go for it now. The issue is that many playlists simply aren't populated unless you're purposely coordinating with folks. Enjoy it while you can!
Just a heads up, just saw at halotracker that their legacy stats are down.
Anybody having issues with matchmaking still?
Thinking about jumping on Labor Day
I bet the real reason why they are shutting down the servers is so they can have more players on mcc and infinite, you don’t see Activision shutting down the old cod servers which still have players.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
So, the Halo 3 Service Record on Waypoint updated for stats that weren't recording over the summer. That's a good thing!

However, now Halo 3 is not counting games or EXP earned at all, nor is at possible for skill rank changes. Please fix this problem! It really severely is a negative impact to the experience of the game.
snickerdoodle & stckrboy - Any updates regarding the broken EXP on the original Halo 3? The system doesn't appear to have fully recovered since coming back online mid-August.

In comparison, the original Halo Reach commendation system appears to be working correctly.

Thank you in advance for helping players make the most out of the Original Halo 3 experience in these final months before the Sunset. Please let us know how we can help troubleshoot to make this happen!
Homie I don't like it either, but the time is coming. Just be glad you were apart of it when it was happening, that's what i'll do.
The message in the post announcing the sunset is much more positive than the actual state of the games during these last 4 to 5 months that I've been actively playing online. The tone made it seem as if we would have a fair chance at getting outstanding achievements.

We were also informed that the services would be maintained throughout the year and that we would be notified of anticipated disruptions to them.

The broken EXP system in Halo 3 (only occasional rewards and sometimes losing points without quitting a match) is very damaging to the game and severly impacts the ability to unlock EXP-related achievements.

More recently selecting the 7 on the 7th playlist froze that menu, making it impossible to choose any other playlist and enter matchmaking. I only managed to work around it by clearing the system cache and then avoiding that particular playlist.

I am glad for the times an issue has been fixed, such as fileshare, and for all that I've been able to do in these games during the year. At the same time, I was expecting a higher standard based on the sunset announcement post and the fact that this still is a service we players have to pay for.
The message in the post announcing the sunset is much more positive than the actual state of the games during these last 4 to 5 months that I've been actively playing online. The tone made it seem as if we would have a fair chance at getting outstanding achievements.

We were also informed that the services would be maintained throughout the year and that we would be notified of anticipated disruptions to them.

The broken EXP system in Halo 3 (only occasional rewards and sometimes losing points without quitting a match) is very damaging to the game and severly impacts the ability to unlock EXP-related achievements.

More recently selecting the 7 on the 7th playlist froze that menu, making it impossible to choose any other playlist and enter matchmaking. I only managed to work around it by clearing the system cache and then avoiding that particular playlist.

I am glad for the times an issue has been fixed, such as fileshare, and for all that I've been able to do in these games during the year. At the same time, I was expecting a higher standard based on the sunset announcement post and the fact that this still is a service we players have to pay for.
You'd think they would want the OG experiences remembered as something other than a buggy mess at the end of life.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Sideburn g wrote:
I bet the real reason why they are shutting down the servers is so they can have more players on mcc and infinite, you don’t see Activision shutting down the old cod servers which still have players.
Mw3 and black ops 1 are the oldest ones still alive.. old enough 343 should still keep ours going :(
It’s really sad. I’ve continued to play all the older ones because of the maps, the game modes, the custom games… unfortunately MCC is nothing like any of it at all. Yes you can still play infection on mcc, but it’s weird maps or most of the original maps are missing, funky game modes. Even regular slayer and stuff just feels off without all the classic maps and classic player made maps, and not to mention half the gamemodes you can select in the original ones aren’t even on mcc and will probably never ever arrive no matter what 343 says.

all good things must come to an end that is true… but not like this, my halos are being taken away from me and regurgitated in a broken mess where nothing is alike. None of the gamemodes I play, none of the maps I play…
If they don't want to keep the servers up any longer why don't they just let us make dedicated servers so we can still have fun by matchmaking but not give them any work? nearly every other game has dedicated servers.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
a mi tambien me cambiaban los nombres
Can you fix Halo 4 servers?

Why Halo 4 servers are broken?

Why it keeps changing network to "my xbox"?

?????
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3