Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] Frankie's Letter.Just lies and damage control

OP SpeedyBlueDude

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Well that's what public relations is. 343i really sucks at it and its really obvious. From someone from who has learned about PR from business and from being a regular customer I've seen better even if that particular company never really cared.

I don't think anyone needs to hear more of "I miss Bungie" but I really miss the interaction with the community from them.
I get their are problems with this game and I hope these problems are fixed eventually, but isn't there an area to discuss bulletins in this forum instead of creating the same type of topics over and over again.
Quote:
Well that's what public relations is. 343i really sucks at it and its really obvious. From someone from who has learned about PR from business and from being a regular customer I've seen better even if that particular company never really cared.

I don't think anyone needs to hear more of I miss Bungie but I really miss the interaction with the community from them.
i just wish 343i fixes their PR problem
eventually because I agree with you that it's just terrible, but not as bad as the WarZ devs.
Quote:
I get their are problems with this game and I hope these problems are fixed eventually, but isn't there an area to discuss bulletins in this forum instead of creating the same type of topics over and over again.
I'm not just discussing the Bulletin. I'm showing how it relates to 343 horrible attitude as a company, in relations to Halo 4.
Way to bash 343, do you really believe Bungie could have done better though? They probably would have done nearly the same thing. And this game used Reach's engine but technologivally it IS rebuilt. The engine just defines the rendering and physics of the world, and even that was tweaked. Why do you care if they are proud of Halo 4 or not, I have really enjoyed this new direction they are taking it in. There are bugs to be dealt with, and the decision to not release a beta did have a negative impact, but they are still a community based company.
and I thank you for this op. My exact thoughts when I read this.
Hate to say it, but most of this is true. 343 are in panic mode after coming back from Xmas and realizing that their numbers are still dropping and the community is practically ablaze.

If this wasn't my favorite series going down the toilet, it'd be funny.
Quote:
Way to bash 343, do you really believe Bungie could have done better though? They probably would have done nearly the same thing. And this game used Reach's engine but technologivally it IS rebuilt. The engine just defines the rendering and physics of the world, and even that was tweaked. Why do you care if they are proud of Halo 4 or not, I have really enjoyed this new direction they are taking it in. There are bugs to be dealt with, and the decision to not release a beta did have a negative impact, but they are still a community based company.
How... How dare you!

To say that Bungie couldn't do better..

I am shocked... almost too shocked for words...
Quote:
Hate to say it, but most of this is true. 343 are in panic mode after coming back from Xmas and realizing that their numbers are still dropping and the community is practically ablaze.

If this wasn't my favorite series going down the toilet, it'd be funny.
That's how I feel. If I didn't utterly and completely love Halo, I would have said 'screw it' and stopped buying games at Reach. :/
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not just discussing the Bulletin. I'm showing how it relates to 343 horrible attitude as a company, in relations to Halo 4.
Good to hear. I been noticing a lot of repetitive topic discussing the same things over and over again lately.
I completely agree with the OP. Normally I wouldn't post agreeing to multiple Forum Topics focusing on the same issue, but I want these topics bumped so SOMEBODY sees that the community is upset with the way things have been handled.

For those "Nay-Sayers" The upset IS the community. This is not the "minority" as people on here like to call it anymore. I've considered myself a part of the majority all the way through since Halo 2 days on both Bungie forums and on these. I post rarely. I disagree with all the complaints people have had in the past about weapons, Armor abilities, etc, and I know when things are broken/not broken. And let me tell you, so far I feel that 343i's system with the "community" is broken, and on its last breath.

They can come on here with weekly bulletins and throw big long fancy sentences at us and act as if everything is under control, but the truth is: it's not under control. They are struggling to keep this game, and series a float.

I am a committed Halo player, always have been, always will be, but as of late I have not been online. (Although not impressive, to prove I played the poop out of this game I am a 130) I waited, and waited, and watched weekly update after weekly update hoping for news that this game would be getting enhanced with core game modes we've seen in the past, (Double Team, Grifball, FFA, MULTI TEAM, ETC.) but it never came, and seemingly will never be there permanently. It's always "stay patient, it's coming" or "we'll let you know soon".

Enough.

There better be drastic changes to this game fast, (End of February seems too long to wait in my opinion this game will be dead by then) But it wont happen. Instead, we'll be stuck with another update telling us to wait. Statistics don't lie 343, and stats show WE ARE ALWAYS FLIPPING WAITING. I'm sick of waiting for a game that should have been released 2 months ago from this month... so, in hind site if it is released a month from now, Halo 4 will be completed 4-5 months AFTER it's initial release.

Sad.

And community breaking.

I cannot wait to go back and spend money, and support the company most of you left. They knew what was going on, and got the EF out while they still could. Like someone else said on this forum, if this wasn't my favorite game, I'd be laughing to see the makers crumble like you have (ie if CoD fans/makers were going through this I'd be loving it).... but sadly its us. The once dedicated Halo fans are left with pure trash, that lie and say that they actually care about their clientele.

Sweet Dreams.
I don't believe anything they say anymore. They are great at making people believe them but they never deliver. They said all the right things before Halo 4 came out but in the end it was just a $60 beta and what did they do instead of fixing the game? They took a vacation. And now here we are 2 months later and still a month away from a title update that we still don't know what's gonna be in it.
Hold the line community. Hold the line. Harsh, but true. If they don't do something redeeming soom.

I'm out.

343i, you gave my hopes up from yesterday, but soon that will diminish eventually. The time for action is now! The time for details is now!
I'm sorry, but with something as big and as focused as Halo, I can't give them an E for Effort. You don't just fiddle around with Halo and say "Welp, it wasn't bad for a first shot."

You don't label the arguably most anticipated game of the year an " okay first try."

This may be just as bad of a travesty as DmC.
For a first try... I don't think they did bad.

If this was Bungie I'd say its a pretty big failure because I would expect better.. Given their experience and all.
OP you sound soooo butthurt. The vacation they went on for christmas and new years was to let the people who made the game have TIME OFF. These people at 343 have been working non stop to get this game released and all you and this community has done is -Yoink- MOAN AND COMPLAIN. You think you can make a *CLASSIC* halo be my guest and tell me how hard it is. This community has gone down a LONGGGG drain because everyone wants Halo 3 style NO AA no sprint BR only starts with pistol as your second gun.

If MLG and virgin work together we will have one of the biggest Competitive game out there. I am no pro I'm a pub but I see the issues but the game works fine. For the longest time people wanted sprint cause a SPARTAN should be allowed to sprint we get it people complain. GO back to the halo council and complain okay thanks.
I feel like everyone forgot about bungies creaking long awe tu for halo 2. How long did that take to come out? Oh yeah -Yoinking!- april of 2005. Way longer then our tu Comming out for halo 4. Remember halo2sucks.com? Or how they kept bxr bxb and a bunch of other glitches?
Modders have already done things that I should not be posting about on this forum.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console.
Quote:
Modders have already...
Thats Modders who need to be banned who broke the TOS I am saying a full game think before you speak.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3