Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Free DLC?

OP SamTheWeebo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey all I already have all the halo reach DLC so I can't check, but is all the DLC free yet? If so why do I still never get to play on a DLC map? Is there a way to let everyone know that they can download it now? I loved the halo reach DLC. and I want to play it again
I am in the same boat as you but I did find an article stating that all but the Noble map pack is free as of this moment. I hope that they make the DLC a mandatory update so that everyone gets the maps.

Source
I seriously thought I would be seeing the maps all the time, but nope still never see them at all.
Yeah, that is why I have been messaging all my recent players the information until I get to play the DLC maps. So far it is unsuccessful, but I do like to hear how grateful some people are to hear the news, as well as the occasional "-Yoink- you".

I do recall seeing your gamertag in my recents as well. Got to keep spreading the word by mouth (and message) since it is not required, nor are a majority of people informed.
I also left an LFG post in Halo Wars and Reach with the information as well.
It's still not free but I'm waiting because I want my friends to be able to get the dlc
Ross 9O4 wrote:
It's still not free but I'm waiting because I want my friends to be able to get the dlc
Oh it isn't free yet? Some people are saying it is already.
Ross 9O4 wrote:
Oh it isn't free yet? Some people are saying it is already.
From what I've seen, Defiant is free. That I know. From wat I've heard, Noble isn't but Anniversary is.
Yes all DLC is free for Reach! As well for all the other Halo 360 titles! So Halo 3, Reach, and Wars DLC is are free as of right now! Oh and also Halo 4.
Noble still isn't free. There's an issue with the dlc that has to be resolved. Apparently Microsoft is "working on it"
I still don't understand how they managed to yoink this up. The decision to bring back 3, CEA, ODST and even 4 to backwards compatibility is great and the free DLC is an amazing community move. But like seriously who in the right mind thought that every single Reach player out of the 10 thousand still left would be up to date with Halo Info? Make some sort of announcement in game, put in a playlist, or better yet make the DLC a mandatory update. The Free DLC is easily the best thing 343 has done in a while in my eyes and yet even though they had good intentions it's effects are null because of the dumb way they tried to implement the change.
Yeah, that is why I have been messaging all my recent players the information until I get to play the DLC maps. So far it is unsuccessful, but I do like to hear how grateful some people are to hear the news, as well as the occasional "-Yoink- you".

I do recall seeing your gamertag in my recents as well. Got to keep spreading the word by mouth (and message) since it is not required, nor are a majority of people informed.
I also left an LFG post in Halo Wars and Reach with the information as well.
When I get back on Reach I will have to start doing this myself.
I still don't understand how they managed to yoink this up. The decision to bring back 3, CEA, ODST and even 4 to backwards compatibility is great and the free DLC is an amazing community move. But like seriously who in the right mind thought that every single Reach player out of the 10 thousand still left would be up to date with Halo Info? Make some sort of announcement in game, put in a playlist, or better yet make the DLC a mandatory update. The Free DLC is easily the best thing 343 has done in a while in my eyes and yet even though they had good intentions it's effects are null because of the dumb way they tried to implement the change.
For real. They should make an in-game announcement.
Maybe they're waiting for backward compatibility to go live before they make an official announcement about the free DLC? Like, a one-two punch to boost the populations for two different yet consecutive reasons?
Maybe they're waiting for backward compatibility to go live before they make an official announcement about the free DLC? Like, a one-two punch to boost the populations for two different yet consecutive reasons?
I thought the games were already available for BC?
Its been 2-3 weeks and it still hasn't been resolved....
No, unfortunately not. Only Reach and Halo Wars, which have been backward compatible for months, or in the case of Reach, almost two years.
No, unfortunately not. Only Reach and Halo Wars, which have been backward compatible for months, or in the case of Reach, almost two years.
it's been two years damn. Feels like it was shorter but that was probably because the framerate was screwed up for the first 8 months or so after it was available to BC
Well I just downloaded some free bunch of maps for Reach... is that the DLC?
Arkaycee wrote:
Yup which maps did you get? Did you get them all?
Arkaycee wrote:
Yup which maps did you get? Did you get them all?
I think not sure though
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2