Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Free Halo: Reach DLC is coming!

OP Aurik Kal Durin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I can't believe it. It's finally happening!

How long have we been asking for them to make DLC for Halo: Reach free? A few years? Well, our wish will soon be granted; with the announcement that Halo: CE Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo 4 will all be coming to Backwards Compatibility later this year, 343 Industries also announced that DLC for all Halo titles on the Xbox 360 will be made free for everyone.

No exact date on when this will happen, or when these 4 games will come to Backwards Compatibility... but this is good news, yes?

One thing I hope they do is make all the DLC part of a mandatory free update, like they've been doing with Halo 5's DLC; that would save players the trouble of going into the marketplace and downloading the maps manually, and it would also ensure that anyone still playing Halo: Reach has a much better chance of getting to play on the DLC maps and earning those last few achievements.
Halo Reach Defiant map pack is currently free
Where are you sourcing this information from?

I have found it mentioned by gamespot: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-adding-four-halo-/1100-6451478/
Haze1 rah wrote:
Where are you sourcing this information from?

I have found it mentioned by gamespot: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-adding-four-halo-/1100-6451478/
It was in the latest Community Update. Scroll down, and they say very clearly that every Xbox 360 Halo add-on map pack in the Xbox Store will be made available for free, though they do not specify when.
That's awesome news! The only issue I have with Reach is the frame rate make it almost unbearable to play though.
They should sneak it in as a mandatory update so everyone actually gets the maps. I was always annoyed that outside of the map pack playlists the maps only showed up maybe once every 2-3 thousand games.
Bucshot888 wrote:
That's awesome news! The only issue I have with Reach is the frame rate make it almost unbearable to play though.
They fixed that problem months ago. It's playable now.
I hope they add the Defiant map pack back into matchmaking. None of my friends want to play the defiant maps in custom games.
D3V0K wrote:
I hope they add the Defiant map pack back into matchmaking. None of my friends want to play the defiant maps in custom games.
It would also help with getting the last two Defiant achievements, which for some reason were added with the Anniversary Map Pack when there was no longer a Defiant playlist.
Is this for Xbox 360 and Xbox One?
If this is also for xbox 1 i will be very pleased
Thank you 343 I have wanted this for so long!
If this is also for xbox 1 i will be very pleased
Um... Halo: Reach is backwards compatible? The answer to these questions should be pretty obvious.
If you are referring to all the related DLC, it should be free on either console. As, on a similar note, I just freely downloaded the Mythic Map Pack II for Halo 3 and the Strategic Add-On pack for Halo Wars just the other day via my Xbox 360 console.
I really hope the update becomes mandatory otherwise I don't think anyone will go out of their way to download it. I can't wait to play Breakpoint invasion or tempest and Highlands in BTB
ZNMS wrote:
If you are referring to all the related DLC, it should be free on either console. As, on a similar note, I just freely downloaded the Mythic Map Pack II for Halo 3 and the Strategic Add-On pack for Halo Wars just the other day via my Xbox 360 console.
Wait; Halo 3 and Halo Wars DLC is already free? Has anyone checked if Reach's DLC is free yet?
All Halo DLC (Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo Wars and Reach) are currently free for me with the exception of the Noble Map Pack which isn't.
SWEET!
Cant wait to play with my friends who refused to buy H5 again! With free DLC too? I got some people to call!
It's definitely high time. Good to see that they finally did this, but it makes sense that it's coupled with an "update".
Hey I don't know if you already know this but all previous 360 Halo titles DLC are free as of now! So hop on and get those DLCs!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2