Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

"ghandi jumping" it's called apparently.

OP Enaemaehkiw

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've never noticed this in any other halo.
Why do people ghandi jump? By ghandi jump, I mean where their spartan looks like they're having a mid-flight seizure when they jump. Why do people do this? Does it give them the sense that they're invincible or harder to hit? Do they do it just to do it? Do they do it because they think they can aim better? Do they do it because it looks "funny"? Because honestly, if they think it makes them harder to hit, they are wrong lol

Why do people ghandi jump so much in halo 4? I want to hear it from yous.
Are you talking about a gandhi hop? It was a trick people used to do back in Halo 2 to make them selves harder to hit. But the crouch animations are much slower now and it doesn't really work any more.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Quote:
I wouldn't say it started back in Halo 2. Crouch jumping was a thing before Halo 2 not only in Halo: Combat Evolved, but in earlier PC FPS games such as Half-Life.
I do it in SWAT and am basically untouchable.. either that or the people I play against suck.. either one works.
Quote:
Why do people crouch jump? By crouch jumping, I mean where their spartan looks like they're having a mid-flight seizure when they jump. Why do people do this? Does it give them the sense that they're invincible or harder to hit? Do they do it just to do it? Do they do it because they think they can aim better? Do they do it because it looks "funny"?

Why do people crouch jump so much in halo 4?
Crouch jumping or Ghandi jump?

Chrouch Jump - Press the crouch button at the end of an jump to get up to higher places.

Ghandi Jump - Making yourself harder to hit, by pressing the crouch button in mid air extensively.
Quote:
Quote:
Why do people crouch jump? By crouch jumping, I mean where their spartan looks like they're having a mid-flight seizure when they jump. Why do people do this? Does it give them the sense that they're invincible or harder to hit? Do they do it just to do it? Do they do it because they think they can aim better? Do they do it because it looks "funny"?

Chrouch Jump - Press the crouch button at the end of an jump to get up to higher places.

Ghandi Jump - Making yourself harder to hit, by pressing the crouch button in mid air extensively.
Let me ask you something. When someone crouch jumps, do they look like they have a seizure?
I didn't know it was called the "Gandhi jump"

And wtf, I never knew it was actually a thing. I never noticed it until halo 4.
Overall, it doesn't make people harder to hit, I murder people doing that all the time. Then proceed to show them an on-the-ground-ghanhdi-jump of my own lmao

I was just curious why people did it so much. That's all.
Quote:
Why you calling me that? That ain't funny.
Quote:
I wouldn't say it started back in Halo 2. Crouch jumping was a thing before Halo 2 not only in Halo: Combat Evolved, but in earlier PC FPS games such as Half-Life.
Crouch jumping existed, but it wasn't used as an evasive maneuver.
Ghandi hopping btw.. It's just like bunny hopping but with crouching added to it. It's used for the same purposes strafing and bunny hopping are used for, makes you more evasive.

Don't see what's wrong with people doing it and the need to ridicule them. I personally rather strafe but to each their own.
It's a simple way of making it harder for your opponent to get a headshot on you. I only feel the need to do it when crossing through more open spaces or in SWAT.
I've honestly never been a fan of doing it. Much better without it. Especially when facing people that do.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let me ask you something. When someone crouch jumps, do they look like they have a seizure?
I didn't know it was called the "Gandhi jump"

And wtf, I never knew it was actually a thing. I never noticed it until halo 4.
Overall, it doesn't make people harder to hit, I murder people doing that all the time. Then proceed to show them an on-the-ground-ghanhdi-jump of my own lmao

I was just curious why people did it so much. That's all.
Ghandi hopping isnt done to be harder to hit. The animations cause a quick raise and lower of the spartan a bit. This is usually done when a player is 1-shot because the sporadic movement can be just enough at times to throw off the killing headshot of an opponent for you to get a shot off and kill. Due to this nature, it's used extensively in SWAT and even Team Snipers.
Quote:
Why do people ghandi jump? By ghandi jump, I mean where their spartan looks like they're having a mid-flight seizure when they jump. Why do people do this? Does it give them the sense that they're invincible or harder to hit? Do they do it just to do it? Do they do it because they think they can aim better? Do they do it because it looks "funny"? Because honestly, if they think it makes them harder to hit, they are wrong lol

You must've hardly played the other Halo games online.
Quote:
Quote:

You must've hardly played the other Halo games online.
Mhm. I never played any halo online before halo 4.
Quote:
Quote:
The scrub is strong in this one.

Uhm, yeah, it's more of just a habit for most people, including myself.
It was a thing started back in Halo 2 that made it a little harder to hit.
It's carried on till now. It's just a thing like the Ogre twitch.

By the way, it's called Gandhi hopping.
Gandhi hopping, not crouch jumping.
Gandhi hopping was started in Halo 2 by the pro.
I see it performed on a fairly regular basis, but it really has very little, if any effect on my ability to make contact.
That's funny this is the first I've heard of it and I played tons of halo 3, Reach, and now 4...I mean I see people jumping all the time mostly in swat, but I never noticed any strange movement by them in the air, I thought they were just jumping to make them harder to hit because people are mostly focused on the ground.

Btw I do It occasionally, but the people who are jumping non stop throughout the entire game are quite annoying, and IMO if you can't get kills and stay alive without doing that you are unskilled. (flame shield)
Quote:
Ghandi hopping btw.. It's just like bunny hopping but with crouching added to it. It's used for the same purposes strafing and bunny hopping are used for, makes you more evasive.

Don't see what's wrong with people doing it and the need to ridicule them. I personally rather strafe but to each their own.
If you talking about Bhopping from CS or Half Life you are mistake because Bhopping is nothing like a ghandi hop in anyway.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2