Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Green Screen In Forge Island is Amazing.

OP SpeedyBlueDude

Anyone notice the green screens in Forge Island yet? Oh my god so good. I've been messing with them and I've managed to make these 2 things quickly using it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW3bJMOZOCA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=507d2iJUOlU

I made these in like 15 minutes with Premiere, they aren't amazing, pretty amateurish, but I can't wait to see what some pros do with them in Forge Island.

Seriously thank you 343 for the Green Screens, there incredible, amazing addition for people who make Machinimas or Youtube Videos, and they might even have some use in Map-making.

Anyone else here been playing with the Green Screen yet?
I haven't been able to download and play with forge island yet. Stupid work. I also have no idea how to go about doing what you did in 15 minutes but it sure looks like it will lead to some very interesting videos. I've been wondering all day what the green screen will do (had a general idea based of TV). Thanks for posting this. Pretty cool.
I thought Forge Island came out in April, after Castle?

Edit - Never mind, I went to the home page, my bad.
Quote:
I thought Forge Island came out in April, after Castle?
It was completed early so they released it early. It was originally slated for an April 11th release.
Quote:
I haven't been able to download and play with forge island yet. Stupid work. I also have no idea how to go about doing what you did in 15 minutes but it sure looks like it will lead to some very interesting videos. I've been wondering all day what the green screen will do (had a general idea based of TV). Thanks for posting this. Pretty cool.
It's really easy, just record you spartan doing anything you want in front of the Green Screen/Room, and then this part depends on your editor I guess.

For Premiere (CS 6 is what I use)

Just drag the Halo clip into Premiere, put it in the video 2 slot.
Drag the background you want/bakground video you want into Premiere, and put it into video 1.
Then go to keying effect, chroma key, and put it into the Halo clip and the green screen will be gone and only your spartan/object you want is there.

Really cool and easy, I can't wait to see what pros do, seriously going to be amazing seeing what good editors can do with the Green Screen.
I've been wondering what those green screens are for and no I know. Thanks for the tips on how they can be applied. My only other question is can they be utilized in other ways for embedding video clips for a multiplayer map during the game? Sort of like a jumbotron for a grifball stadium.

As an afterthought, SpeedyBlueDude, I thought your videos were pretty funny.