Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

H2 Multiplayer > H3 multiplayer | Change my mind

OP VividSnow

It's better. Change my mind.
I will agree a bit but H3 had a bigger sandbox, new weapons to duel wield, new vehicles, better maps to imo. H3's main downside is it's horrible net coding which bungie for some odd reason thought a grenade being thrown on the map is more important than their new projectile based weapons making aiming in H3 a hassle which should be fixed in tommorow's update for MCC. H2 you only used the BR, Sniper, Beam rifle, Rocket launcher, energy sword and shotgun barely using the duel wield function outside of campaign. H3 you can dual wield smgs to get a way shorter kill time in cqc, the assault rifle being back was a viable option to use to that could beat a BR in close quarters.
I will agree a bit but H3 had a bigger sandbox, new weapons to duel wield, new vehicles, better maps to imo. H3's main downside is it's horrible net coding which bungie for some odd reason thought a grenade being thrown on the map is more important than their new projectile based weapons making aiming in H3 a hassle which should be fixed in tommorow's update for MCC. H2 you only used the BR, Sniper, Beam rifle, Rocket launcher, energy sword and shotgun barely using the duel wield function outside of campaign. H3 you can dual wield smgs to get a way shorter kill time in cqc, the assault rifle being back was a viable option to use to that could beat a BR in close quarter
You are correct that aiming in Halo 3 is a hassle, especially right now. You've made my night though telling me that they are releasing an update that targets Halo 3 projectile weapons. I look forward to that. Thank you.
Halo 3 multiplayer is cool
VividSnow wrote:
I will agree a bit but H3 had a bigger sandbox, new weapons to duel wield, new vehicles, better maps to imo. H3's main downside is it's horrible net coding which bungie for some odd reason thought a grenade being thrown on the map is more important than their new projectile based weapons making aiming in H3 a hassle which should be fixed in tommorow's update for MCC. H2 you only used the BR, Sniper, Beam rifle, Rocket launcher, energy sword and shotgun barely using the duel wield function outside of campaign. H3 you can dual wield smgs to get a way shorter kill time in cqc, the assault rifle being back was a viable option to use to that could beat a BR in close quarter
You are correct that aiming in Halo 3 is a hassle, especially right now. You've made my night though telling me that they are releasing an update that targets Halo 3 projectile weapons. I look forward to that. Thank you.
I wouldn't particular say target but a attempt to fix it or help improve it, hope you have a great night.
Boom, my mind is changed.
Well i won't, the only differences i see between Halo 2 Multiplayer and Halo 3 Multiplayer is the dual wielding, i don't play a lot both games in a competitive way, when i shoot with the br in both games i don't know if i'm even hitting the enemy.
Well i won't, the only differences i see between Halo 2 Multiplayer and Halo 3 Multiplayer is the dual wielding, i don't play a lot both games in a competitive way, when i shoot with the br in both games i don't know if i'm even hitting the enemy.
it's probably a bit of nostalgia bias but I was HUGE into Halo 2, I was 15 and got it at midnight and could not get enough of Halo 2. I still feel it's the pinnacle multiplayer experience and I stand by my belief that the ranking system was and is the best (cheating issues aside) - Halo 3 drastically changed the feel of the game up by changing the speed and the creating a projectile based weapon system which I think is the biggest detractor. I prefer Halo 2's hitscan system.
Halo 2 balances the purity of CE with the advantages of a better game engine. I don’t think it’s wrong or heretical to say you like H2 more than H3 because H3 added some new features to keep players on their toes. For me, H2A has the best MP to date.
tuhin94 wrote:
Halo 2 balances the purity of CE with the advantages of a better game engine. I don’t think it’s wrong or heretical to say you like H2 more than H3 because H3 added some new features to keep players on their toes. For me, H2A has the best MP to date.
As if from the lips of a Prophet... H2A is THE BEST Halo multiplayer experience and I can't find a single ranked game... :(
VividSnow wrote:
Boom, my mind is changed.
LOL but for real. I don't know if you are into competitive are how much of Halo 2 multiplayer you know but Halo 3's is fairly easy compared to Halo 2's. To be good in Halo 2 MP you gotta become good. Not to mentioin the rxbs and rrxbs that are difficult to master CONSISTENTLY. So i personally agree. Halo 2 MP is way more fun, sweaty, and enjoyable then Halo 3 crap registration.
It's the same exact story ofsmash bros melee and smash bros brawl.
I haven't left H2 MP to this day.
I have fond memories of BTB, customs and forge in H3 MP but haven't touched it again since H4 and 2 Anniversary outclassed that.
It's the same exact story ofsmash bros melee and smash bros brawl.
I haven't left H2 MP to this day.
I have fond memories of BTB, customs and forge in H3 MP but haven't touched it again since H4 and 2 Anniversary outclassed that.
Someone finally said it.... and I’m glad you did