Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

H2: Why is legendary campaign that difficulty?

OP ordainedcrown7

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've never played the MCC version but in Halo 2 Vista, I got the Legend achievement through sheer will power to try the same checkpoint over and over until I got lucky. I ran, jumped, and hid to avoid enemies in probably the most cowardly Master Chief performance of all time.
Time constraints, Bungie simply gave a release date and then they realised it was too early, so rather than balancing the legendary AI, they just lowered chiefs health and increased the enemies, oh and they increased fire rate of enemy weapons too
OakleyW23 wrote:
Time constraints, Bungie simply gave a release date and then they realised it was too early, so rather than balancing the legendary AI, they just lowered chiefs health and increased the enemies, oh and they increased fire rate of enemy weapons too
Actually the opposite. They thought that the number of enemies would overwhelm the player, so they removed some from each section and buffed the remaining.
Not to mention, it wasn't completely due to time constraints. Bungie had higher ambitions than what was possible at the time. Halo 2 was going to be a much different game and the number of examples of this is ridiculous.
Well my other point is enemies keep spawning from one to another even from behind you, to the sides and it's fustrating, appears out of nowhere and jackal sniper appears when another one dies and dies, they keep multiplying, they have way faster reaction and have way way too acurate shots from long range to short range. I tried following method and tips that people gives but I keep missing my shot so I die then I sit there looking at my TV silently, trying to have a discussion in my mind that I should throw you out my window or throw you in my fireplace. I 100% give up of trying my best to use method and tips but trying to get through. too much missions to complete on Legendary. The part where you in this room where you scare the freak out of that grunt in the cutscene but by the time it's over, you'll see few enemies firing needlers, plasma pistol and brute rifle rapidly at you with no cover.
But the thing is I already have the Warhound Helioskrill so it would'nt matter, at least I have my brand new piece of badass helioskrill armor. MCC legendary campaign isn't really much of an problem.
This campaign on legendary put hair on my 13 old chest when it came out.
But the thing is I already have the Warhound Helioskrill so it would'nt matter, at least I have my brand new piece of badass helioskrill armor. MCC legendary campaign isn't really much of an problem.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2