Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo 2 backwards compatibility

OP PROmlgSnipar420

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello I just wanted to ask if halo 2 could be made backwards compatible with Xbox one?
Hello I just wanted to ask if halo 2 could be made backwards compatible with Xbox one?
That would be the absolute dream both the OG Ce and H2 . Maybe the Xbox back compatibility team will do it for us one day my disks are ready and waiting
Yea if the original halo 1 and 2 would be backwards compatible with xbox one it would be awesome because 343 ruined halo 2 anniversary
Yea if the original halo 1 and 2 would be backwards compatible with xbox one it would be awesome because 343 ruined halo 2 anniversary
How did they ruin it, exactly? I thought they did a pretty bang up job with it.
x N7 117 x wrote:
I’d love to know as well. You don’t hear this too often. I thought H2A was the perfect example of how to do a remaster right. It quickly became my favorite Halo game.
I think I heard somewhere that the backwards compatibility program was being paused until Xbox Scarlett comes out. Sorry to say, it's probably gonna be awhile.
Mordo3777 wrote:
I think I heard somewhere that the backwards compatibility program was being paused until Xbox Scarlett comes out. Sorry to say, it's probably gonna be awhile.
Microsoft themselves made the announcement that no new original Xbox or Xbox 360 games will be made backwards compatible on Xbox One. They're considering to continue it on Xbox Scarlett, but no promises.
tuhin94 wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
I’d love to know as well. You don’t hear this too often. I thought H2A was the perfect example of how to do a remaster right. It quickly became my favorite Halo game.
I have never heard or seen anyone say that they didn't like Halo 2: Anniversary. I see criticism of the game, but that's to be expected.
Mordo3777 wrote:
Microsoft themselves made the announcement that no new original Xbox or Xbox 360 games will be made backwards compatible on Xbox One. They're considering to continue it on Xbox Scarlett, but no promises.
To be honest, they would be stupid not to. Backwards compatibility was at the very top of the request list for the Xbox One for quite a while, and when they announced it at E3 the crowd exploded into cheers.
x N7 117 x wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
I have never heard or seen anyone say that they didn't like Halo 2: Anniversary. I see criticism of the game, but that's to be expected.
Mordo3777 wrote:
To be honest, they would be stupid not to. Backwards compatibility was at the very top of the request list for the Xbox One for quite a while, and when they announced it at E3 the crowd exploded into cheers.
Sure, but it's my understanding that not many people actually take advantage of it. I'm hoping for at least full Xbox One support, though.
tuhin94 wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
I believe they are referring to Halo 2: Classic, which has a lot of problems at the moment.
omarlotrc wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
I believe they are referring to Halo 2: Classic, which has a lot of problems at the moment.
It's a port of the PC version, so any of that PC version's issues carried over. 343 Industries have dug up some old original Xbox development kits to look into making Halo: Combat Evolved better match its original Xbox version, so perhaps Halo 2 will one day get the same treatment?
omarlotrc wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
It's a port of the PC version, so any of that PC version's issues carried over. 343 Industries have dug up some old original Xbox development kits to look into making Halo: Combat Evolved better match its original Xbox version, so perhaps Halo 2 will one day get the same treatment?
Here's hoping.
omarlotrc wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Dude literally said “Halo 2 Anniversary” lol.
tuhin94 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Could've been referring to the singleplayer portion. Still pointing to the wrong company as that was Saber Interactive, but it's still the same as the Halo 2 Classic multiplayer.
tuhin94 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
I know, but Halo 2's campaign (which is referred to as H2A) is Halo 2: Classic with a skin. Halo 2: Classic is the Vista port.
Even if they did that, it would just have the singleplayer because they don't want to split the online playerbase between BC version and MCC version. (even though they already split it up when they added Halo 3 to BC so anything can happen). Still, the BC version would only run at 30fps just like Halo 3 BC which is why I personally would prefer the MCC version over it.
tuhin94 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Could've been referring to the singleplayer portion. Still pointing to the wrong company as that was Saber Interactive, but it's still the same as the Halo 2 Classic multiplayer.
Not that I think it was butchered or anything like that but Saber Interactive ( I think you will find they did the campaign , certain affinity the mp and blur the cut scenes ) was sub contracted by 343i if there is any issue it falls back onto 343i as they commission the job and excepted the finished product . . Whether the end result is good or bad its totally on 343i .
I'd absolutely love the ability to pop my old Halo 2 disc in to play it again. See the old Menus in their classic style. These days, my disc just sits as part of my Halo collection and doesn't deserve to gather dust. Wouldn't even mind if it was single-player only. Same for the original version of Halo: CE I've heard 343 is working on, instead of the iffy PC port which was used as the basis of CE:A. Only time will tell, I suppose.
I would LOVE if the og halo 2 Xbox port was backwards compatible because the mcc version blows but the original is perfect.
Either that or actually make H2C on MCC work right. They have never fixed all the problems with multiplayer on H2C and the playlist options suck. MCC was originally promoted as a H2 rerelease. Everything else they added was just a bonus. I remember they said at E3 "play halo 2 exactly the way it shipped 10 years ago". So much for that bs.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2