Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo 2 backwards compatibility

OP PROmlgSnipar420

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello I just wanted to ask if halo 2 could be made backwards compatible with Xbox one?
I don't think so
No, it won't. Just stick to it on the MCC.
The only way Halo 2 would join Back Compat would be if Microsoft turned on some old Servers and had a few games that used Xbox Live 1.0. Sadly all of these servers are gone, and it would be more expensive than it is worth to bring them back online. So sadly I don't think that Halo 2 will ever be apart of the vast Backwards Compatibility Family. We can always hope that it might change one day though.
Maybe it'll be compatible to the new xbox?I mean there's no point because of MCC, but you never know.
The only way Halo 2 would join Back Compat would be if Microsoft turned on some old Servers and had a few games that used Xbox Live 1.0. Sadly all of these servers are gone, and it would be more expensive than it is worth to bring them back online. So sadly I don't think that Halo 2 will ever be apart of the vast Backwards Compatibility Family. We can always hope that it might change one day though.
Why would that be a factor? That hasn't stopped them from making other games (especially Star Wars ones) which have lost popular online multiplayer components playable. Regardless, no new titles are being added to the backwards compatibility list.
Why would that be a factor? That hasn't stopped them from making other games (especially Star Wars ones) which have lost popular online multiplayer components playable. Regardless, no new titles are being added to the backwards compatibility list.
Only reason I think it will play an important factor is due to the fact that Halo 2 was the OG Xbox's Flag Ship game, not to mention the Flag Ship game for Xbox LIVE for not only the OG Xbox but also the first year of the Xbox 360's lifespan. Halo 2 without Xbox LIVE support is like having a gun with no bullets, yeah its cool, but it doesn't pack the same punch. Battlefront II is still playable because of the A.I. instant action and galactic conquest, Halo 2 has no such feature, only LAN play which even now is still a broken feature on Xbox One. And if bringing back Xbox LIVE 1.0 is even a talking point at Microsoft then Halo 2 will be saved for the if/when that happens.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Yea if the original halo 1 and 2 would be backwards compatible with xbox one it would be awesome because 343 ruined halo 2 anniversary
How did they ruin it, exactly? I thought they did a pretty bang up job with it.
Well for one took out the original soundtrack for the game pretty much by making the background music quiet.
Only reason I think it will play an important factor is due to the fact that Halo 2 was the OG Xbox's Flag Ship game, not to mention the Flag Ship game for Xbox LIVE for not only the OG Xbox but also the first year of the Xbox 360's lifespan. Halo 2 without Xbox LIVE support is like having a gun with no bullets, yeah its cool, but it doesn't pack the same punch. Battlefront II is still playable because of the A.I. instant action and galactic conquest, Halo 2 has no such feature, only LAN play which even now is still a broken feature on Xbox One. And if bringing back Xbox LIVE 1.0 is even a talking point at Microsoft then Halo 2 will be saved for the if/when that happens.
Well Microsoft did bring original games so why wouldn't they bring halo 1 and 2 ot like you can play the other original games online.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2