I want to start this thread off by saying I realize someone or multiple people have already made a post about this and I don't want to be over barring about it, but I just wanted to make a thorough thread on what Project Cartographer is and how to get it.
Terminology: The game "Halo 2 for Windows Vista" is referred to by different names and abbreviations such as, Halo 2 Vista, Halo 2 PC, H2V, and H2PC, so on and so fourth.
This game will run on Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10.
- First off... (for those of you who care) The situation with H2V:
- What is Project Cartographer? :
- How to get it
If you do not have Halo 2 for PC you can purchase it or get it by "other means" if you want.
- There also is no activation required for the game as we do not use Games for Windows Live, so if installing the game, click "Fully install and do NOT start" and click activate later.
- After installing Halo 2 PC run the latest update for H2V that can be downloaded here: http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2232 .
- Once you have installed your game and ran the Update for the game, you will then need to get the Halo 2 Project Cartographer launcher. The launcher can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73pLXfMS5z9S1ROc2Z0ME9ndkU
- After downloading you will need to open the Halo_2_Launcher.exe from wherever you choose to place it (Desktop, game directory, ect.). The launcher will download an update and also patch your game with the Project Cartographer files at first and then proceed to open.
- Once the launcher opens you will need to hit "Register" and then create an account that you will use to login with. This will be your in-game display name so be sure to make it like you would a gamertag!
- After registering you will log in on the launcher with your username and password and then click "Play"!
- Finally your game should start and say the version of Project Cartographer in the top left hand corner and underneath should say "Master Server: Connected!" If you see that it has connected to the Master Server click the "Network" tab and you should see a list of server and peer-hosted games!
- Hosting a game
- Future plans and features for Halo 2 PC:
- In game voice chat: As I stated above, Halo 2 PC at one point had working in game voice chat, however due to an update from Microsoft, got broken and would no longer work. I am proud to announce that the devs at Project Cartographer have in game voice chat working once again to its full functionally with the name plate displaying as it once did in the lower right corner and voice proximity. In game voice chat will be releasing in an upcoming update!
- Stat tracking and Ranking: With us now using an account system, we will soon be able to implement real time stat tracking and a 1-50 ranking system with the ORIGINAL ranking symbols that Halo 2 on the original Xbox had for Halo 2 PC. We will be starting off the ranking system at first on dedicated servers and then soon move over to....MATCHMAKING
- Matchmaking: We plan to bring a working matchmaking system to Halo 2 PC eventually with the ability to find players who are also searching with both Social and Ranked playlists! Again, the ranking system will be EXACTLY like it was done on the original Halo 2.
- Zombies: We currently have a working "Zombies" system setup where if yours or the game you joins game type variant name is "Infection" or "Zombies" it will automatically force all Red team humans and choose 1 random person as a Green team zombie. Red team (Humans) will automatically spawn with Shotguns and Magnums, while Green team (Zombies) will spawn with only an energy sword! Once a zombie kills a human, they will automatically change teams from red to green and become a zombie!
- Anti-Cheat: We will soon be pushing an update that will be bringing what is referred to as "Anti-cheat" where unfair mods, hacks, ect. such as aimbotting, fly hacking and speed hacking will no longer work in public legitimate games. However these will be allowed in servers for modding and hacking and also custom games where the host allows it. There are currently programs that we will be adding into the launcher soon so that they will not have to be ran separately, but tools such as FoV changers and "Super Sensitivity" (A tool that you can customize your controller or mouse sensitivity from 1 all the way up to 100) will be allowed.
- Much...Much more! We have many more features that we plan on bringing to Halo 2 for PC!
- We have 2 sites set up where you can learn more about Project Cartographer if you would like, http://www.H2V.online and http://www.halo2vista.com/
- Our discord can be joined with this link: https://discordapp.com/invite/uyZ68XT
- Offical H2PC twitter can be found @H2PCOfficial here https://twitter.com/H2PCOfficial
- Official H2PC Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/H2PC-Official-1112867172126876/