Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo 2 Team Colors

OP Tandy One

I don't know if anyone else has run into this problem with Halo 2 on the Master Chief Collection or not, but I would like to get it out there so more people are aware. My friends have always enjoyed playing Capture the Flag in Foundation ever since the game was released back in 2004. Foundation has been our go to map for Capture the Flag because it is a very unique level and it offers 4 different bases instead of the standard 2 like in most other maps for the game. In the original Halo 2 game, the color that you choose corresponds to which base you start at. We always play Red vs Green because that puts the bases right next to each other and it offers some really fun matches. Red team is associated with base 1 and Green team is associated with base 4. In the MCC you can change team colors but the bases are always across from each other as they are with the default Red vs Blue. The same holds true with the Warlock map as well because that one also has 4 bases. I do wish there was a fix for this because it would be fun to play this on the MCC with my friends again.
Tandy One wrote:
I don't know if anyone else has run into this problem with Halo 2 on the Master Chief Collection or not, but I would like to get it out there so more people are aware. My friends have always enjoyed playing Capture the Flag in Foundation ever since the game was released back in 2004. Foundation has been our go to map for Capture the Flag because it is a very unique level and it offers 4 different bases instead of the standard 2 like in most other maps for the game. In the original Halo 2 game, the color that you choose corresponds to which base you start at. We always play Red vs Green because that puts the bases right next to each other and it offers some really fun matches. Red team is associated with base 1 and Green team is associated with base 4. In the MCC you can change team colors but the bases are always across from each other as they are with the default Red vs Blue. The same holds true with the Warlock map as well because that one also has 4 bases. I do wish there was a fix for this because it would be fun to play this on the MCC with my friends again.
This is actually a great call-out.

Being able to customize things like this is part of what made the legacy Halo games great. I really enjoy CTF on Foundation as well, and with all the power weapons that map can provide, there can be some great matches.