Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo 2 Warthog Run

OP TheJamison3

I recently found out there was supposed to be a warthog run in halo 2 and it was cut. Someone has somewhat restored this level and you get to see what this may have looked like. I think this would have been really cool to see, what are your thoughts? Do you wish Bungie would have kept this in the game? Here's the link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXwEw3jM-h4
I recently found out there was supposed to be a warthog run in halo 2 and it was cut. Someone has somewhat restored this level and you get to see what this may have looked like. I think this would have been really cool to see, what are your thoughts? Do you wish Bungie would have kept this in the game? Here's the link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXwEw3jM-h4
It could come back as a mod, but I don't think that they're going to add something that didn't make it into the final game; their main priority is to get the thing running smoothly on pc.
They would never add it to the real game, but even as like a little easter egg to be found in the game files, I don't like it. Having a run in the end of Halo 1 and Halo 3 would make Halo 2's warthog run kind of crap, and make me sick of having a sterotypical warthog run at the end of all the games. Honestly I'm just not a fan of them.
I think there was supposed to be a banshee run too. Tons of stuff was cut out during the development of Halo 2. I remember watching a video about the nightmare development where someone said 1/2 or 1/3 of the game was cut before launch. For example, the cut scene where Chief blows up a supercarrier with the bomb on Cairo Station was actually supposed to be it's own level aboard that supercarrier, but was cut due to time constraints.

I'm still happy with the game, and ultimately liked that the warthog run was left out. It made the warthog run in Halo 3 so much more appreciated because it was missing from Halo 2. Circular logic I know, but still.
Obviously I would have liked that and the ending of Halo 2 was its biggest flaw given it was a cliffhanger, that though doesn't matter today given it was concluded with Halo 3. And I just think it was pretty much one of the best ways to make a cliffhanger even though I hate cliffhangers overall.
But anyway, like I said, I would have liked it but I can kind of understand as to why it was cut along with other neat sounding parts like "forerunner tank" level where player could have been driving forerunner tank (duh). The thing in Halo 2 was that bungie tried too much with with the project with originally Halo 2 & Halo 3 basically being 1 game in the original Xbox.

So basically, there were several things that were cut from Halo 2 that I would have been interested to see but alas, it's not this reality.
Halo 2's campaign is fine without it tbh. As much as I like the CE and Halo 3 warthog runs, I don't think every Halo game needs to have one.
Like the other's have said. It was a good thing Halo 2 didn't have the warthog run. The surprise of getting it back in Halo 3 was one of my best moments in the Halo campaign, it gave me so much nostalgic feelings and really took me back to Halo 1.

If Halo 2 would've had it, we would've been expecting Halo 3 to end the same way, and man that would've been boring to know how the game ends.
Halo 2's campaign is fine without it tbh. As much as I like the CE and Halo 3 warthog runs, I don't think every Halo game needs to have one.
This, I agree with.
It isn't necesary to have it and the game did well without it.
If Halo 2 had it, I think it would have been repetitive with Halo 3 and could have maybe upset (I can't find the word I'm looking for so i'll use that one) players to finish the game with a Warthog Run.
I does not wishes it was lefted in the game 😑