Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] Halo 3 Classical, Rank Help

OP Mangermouse

Hey Guys, wondering if I could borrow some peoples help.

So it has been a long time since my friend & I have played on Halo 3, used to play it in the early days, due to commitments we missed out on completing our ranks.

If there are like 4 players willing to help us out on team slayer to get our rank up? I would be sincerely grateful, we are pretty high up, my skill is 44, ideally want to get to 50....any takers? Message: Mangermouse1992
That's gonna be pretty tough. Just about the only people who play ranked anymore are the 49's and 50's. You're gonna need one heck of a team
Well thats kinda what were looking for, some half decent players which can help us to the road of 50's
"TheLegendary117" gave a decent answer, but there's a few things I think I need to point out, just so you know what you're up against.

First of all, the way ranked matchmaking works in this game , will not be able to search in a team of 4. Team's of 4 must match other team's of 4, and NO ONE searches in 4's anymore due to the age of the game. You will only be able to search with one other player in your party and still find a game.

Also, you have chosen an unfortunate playlist to do this in. Team slayer is absolutely INFESTED with cheaters at 45+, since no one polices this game anymore. If you do go thru with this be prepared to be booted offline, face aimbots, face jtags (ppl flying thru the air, unlimited ammo etc.) on a fairly regular basis.

I also looked at your stats and saw you have 2651 EXP. That is NOT GOOD bud!! This account used to be my screw around account, so when I finally went to get my 50 on it 2 years back, I had about 2000 EXP and probably 3000 games played. The thing is, the more games you play in h3, the harder it becomes to rank up. That's why most people will make new accounts for this sort of thing. Anyway, I did manage to get my 50 but the amount I had to win to rank was absurd. Going from 48-49 took me around 35 straight wins with no losses. 49-50 was slightly easier, as I managed to rank up with "only" about 40 wins and 5 losses. You have more EXP than I did however, so it will be even worse for you...

Honestly, I'm a bit skeptical of your ability to do this, and I don't say that to be an -Yoink- but to give you an honest assessment of what you're facing. If you can't get above 45 on your own, you're gonna have a tough time when your around 48 and needing to win 35 or more games in a row to rank up. Not that you shouldn't try, but it's gonna be a hell of a fight.

Anyway, I'm retired from TS myself but I do still enjoy a game of dubs as cheaters are far less common. If you ever feel like running team doubles just send me a message and I'd be happy to run with you.
"TheLegendary117" gave a decent answer, but there's a few things I think I need to point out, just so you know what you're up against.

First of all, the way ranked matchmaking works in this game , will not be able to search in a team of 4. Team's of 4 must match other team's of 4, and NO ONE searches in 4's anymore due to the age of the game. You will only be able to search with one other player in your party and still find a game.

Also, you have chosen an unfortunate playlist to do this in. Team slayer is absolutely INFESTED with cheaters at 45+, since no one polices this game anymore. If you do go thru with this be prepared to be booted offline, face aimbots, face jtags (ppl flying thru the air, unlimited ammo etc.) on a fairly regular basis.

I also looked at your stats and saw you have 2651 EXP. That is NOT GOOD bud!! This account used to be my screw around account, so when I finally went to get my 50 on it 2 years back, I had about 2000 EXP and probably 3000 games played. The thing is, the more games you play in h3, the harder it becomes to rank up. That's why most people will make new accounts for this sort of thing. Anyway, I did manage to get my 50 but the amount I had to win to rank was absurd. Going from 48-49 took me around 35 straight wins with no losses. 49-50 was slightly easier, as I managed to rank up with "only" about 40 wins and 5 losses. You have more EXP than I did however, so it will be even worse for you...

Honestly, I'm a bit skeptical of your ability to do this, and I don't say that to be an -Yoink- but to give you an honest assessment of what you're facing. If you can't get above 45 on your own, you're gonna have a tough time when your around 48 and needing to win 35 or more games in a row to rank up. Not that you shouldn't try, but it's gonna be a hell of a fight.

Anyway, I'm retired from TS myself but I do still enjoy a game of dubs as cheaters are far less common. If you ever feel like running team doubles just send me a message and I'd be happy to run with you.
He's right. Halo 3's ranked playlists are extremely difficult to play in because the only people who still play are the REALLY REALLY Good players, boosters, and cheaters

Well, to some extent, you can still match 4's. The only problem with matching 4's is that more than half the time they are booters. Actually, no matter how you search, you run into booters at the higher levels. I've tried playing doubles and such at a higher rank, and I always get booted. It's sad.

What this post said though is completely true. The more games you play, the harder it is to rank up. I was able to get a 50 in Lone Wolves with a new account in about 100 games. I won 90 of them. Now, since you have such a higher number of games played it takes wayyyy longer. You can do it, but you'll feel like you'll never go up. It took me so long to achieve a 50 in Team Objective back in the day, so long. You can do it, just don't give up hope.
Thanks guys, it is awful...back in the hay day, you could play with so many decent players....then obviously as the years have gone....boosters & cheaters have taken over...so I am finding time around work schedules to play some games and hopefully one day, I can cross that item of the bucket list lol. Also thanks "Angusbeef727" , regardless how hard it will be, im determined...as a vet of halo...giving up isnt in our dictionary is it....certainly will send a friend request though so we can sort something out some day!
Hey Guys, wondering if I could borrow some peoples help.

So it has been a long time since my friend & I have played on Halo 3, used to play it in the early days, due to commitments we missed out on completing our ranks.

If there are like 4 players willing to help us out on team slayer to get our rank up? I would be sincerely grateful, we are pretty high up, my skill is 44, ideally want to get to 50....any takers? Message: Mangermouse1992
I can help you.
Please don't revive old topics thanks