Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo 3 is terrible, change my mind.

OP StoodLeech72880

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo 3 comes in just at the bottom of my list, but before Halo 5. Despite popular opinion, the campaign is boring and uneventful, the voice acting and dialog is uninteresting, the gameplay was nothing amazing and added little on top of Halo 2 (other than equipment), a high number of weapons are just re-skins and feel/sound underwhelming, the character are hardly explored or built upon, the Arbiter has a takes a back seat after his epic entrance to the series, and the Master Chief only has one good cutscene where he actually does something of interest. Yes, the multiplayer is good for a game made in 2007. Forge is a great addition but not revolutionary. Custom games provided a great experience and many memories. But overall, having played this game for 13 years now, I have always viewed it as the game that shares very little resemblance to any of the other Halo games (asides from Halo 5).
Sounds like you're already pretty certain that you don't like it and that's okay. You can still play the games you enjoy you don't have to like them all.
Really hated the FOV of Halo 3.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Campaign-wise, I have this much to say.

The missions in Halo 3 after like Crow's Nest are some of the most epic in the entire series. The skyboxes and design are great, the scale and the size of the missions "The Ark", "The Covenant", and "Halo" are simply fantastic. In Halo 2 where it would've broken it up into two missions with one 30 second unnecessary cut scene in between, it's just one mission instead, which makes the gameplay and progression more fluid. You get to fight TWO scarabs at once, and these scarabs you can actually manually take down and fight unlike in Halo 2. "Cortana" fully encapsulates the actual horror of the Flood and how scary and flat out disgusting the infection is. Johnson has an epic sendoff. The Arbiter finally gets to put a sword through a prophet. Instead of Brutes being furry hard-hat enemies with their blind charge, you see them in all their glory with power armor, gravity hammers, and fuel rod cannons. The Brute weapons are perfect for their characterization - instead of stealing human shotguns like they did in Halo 2, they have their own brutal shotgun, as well as a weapon that literally shoots impaling spikes (although to be honest I like Halo 2's brute shot better), and the GRAVITY HAMMER.

Legitimate complaints in my mind would be more like the Cortana/Gravemind interruptions throughout the campaign and some of the shortcuts Bungie made with shoehorning the story into what they wanted it to be despite it not making a ton of sense.

The implementation of Forge is also ground-breaking - I'm not sure what great console shooter games, especially in 2007 allow you to basically totally customize your own maps and game types - but if you know of a few titles, feel free to drop their names because to call Forge not revolutionary is beyond me. Even today, unless through the use of mods etc, I don't know of any of the popular shooters that let you create your own maps.
The only things I really dislike about H3 is the BR and equipment, the rest of it is pretty good in my opinion.
I won’t try to change your mind because everyone has different opinions and that’s what makes life interesting. In my opinion Reach was pretty terrible and nobody will ever be able to change my mind.

I thoroughly enjoyed 3 while it was in its prime and I probably played an unhealthy amount. That being said, I almost never play it anymore because I don’t feel like the multiplayer is as good as H2 or H5. I still enjoy the campaign and am in the progress of cleaning up the last H3 mcc achievements. Maybe one day I’ll play the multiplayer again, but for now I’ve had my fill of it. That’s my 2 cents
Why should anyone try to change your mind? You're entitled to an opinion, although your reasonings have plenty of shortcomings and it seems you just want to childishly bash the game rather than provide an insightful argument. Halo 3 is fantastic in my book with few detriments that merit a long discussion.
Man oh man, hot take of the week for sure!
Putting 3 down there with Halo 5? Halo 5 was pretty bad in its own right, but I don't understand how you can feel it is bad but place 4 higher when it objectively did things worse, which I will be glad to elaborate on if you are so inclined.

To me, Halo 3 was the peak of the series. It is when Halo was most popular and a highly respected series. It improved upon pretty much every aspect of the previous entries while adding tons of new features. Forge, theater, armor customization, playable elites, larger maps, significantly better graphics that still hold up today, cool new weapons, equipment, skill-based rank system, file sharing... that's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure there are more. Halo 3 was that perfect middle ground between the rather feature barren previous two entries and overstepping a bit with Reach.
@ thetimewarptrio
I Agree: Legitimate complaints in my mind would be more like the Cortana/Gravemind interruptions throughout the campaign and some of the shortcuts Bungie made with shoehorning the story into what they wanted it to be despite it not making a ton of sense.
I Disagree:
1. "You get to fight TWO scarabs at once, and these scarabs you can actually manually take down and fight unlike in Halo 2."
Rebuttal: The scarabs walk in circles, hardly pose any threat even on legendary, and can be blown up without even having to board them by flying a hornet around them in circles and mashing the rockets. Yeah they look cool, but they don't do anything.

2. "Cortana" fully encapsulates the actual horror of the Flood and how scary and flat out disgusting the infection is."
Rebuttal: Kinda but not really. The mission Cortona is bathed in bright sunlight which does nothing to create a horror atmosphere. Halo 2 flood mission by comparison were really dark (to the point you needed to use your flashlight), there was smog and smoke, screaming from every direction. Cortona was bright, full visibility, lacked spooky audio, and the flood just stood around when you weren't in plain sight rather than rushing you like an endless swarm. Last of all, the flood were SO easy to kill in Halo it was like shooting dust. Halo 1 and 2 you can't melee a flood but Halo 3 you can 1-hit-melee.
3. Johnson has an epic sendoff.
Rebuttal: He was betrayed and shot in the back then left to die. The master chief can lift around 2500lbs, I doubt Johnson weighing maybe 250lbs would actually slow him down. Also, Johnson was treated like Princess Peach in Halo 3. He was captured twice (Sierra 117 & The Covenant), lost the commander center on Crows Nest, instead of saving Miranda Keys he told her to shoot him, and then get's shot in the back anyway. He was a bada$$ in Halo 2 and treated poorly in Halo 3.
4. The Arbiter finally gets to put a sword through a prophet.
Rebuttal: Yeah but the Prophet of Truth is a shell of the character he was in Halo 2. And the lead up to the point was nonexistent. You go to the Ark and find the map room, then go to kill the Prophet of Truth. Yeah, great climax.

5. Instead of Brutes being furry hard-hat enemies with their blind charge, you see them in all their glory with power armor, gravity hammers, and fuel rod cannons. The Brute weapons are perfect for their characterization - instead of stealing human shotguns like they did in Halo 2, they have their own brutal shotgun, as well as a weapon that literally shoots impaling spikes (although to be honest I like Halo 2's brute shot better), and the GRAVITY HAMMER.
Rebuttal: Their power armor doesn't make any sense. Halo 2 occurred two weeks before the events of Halo 3. Where did they all of a sudden get their armor? Their capital city just got destroyed by the flood so where did they produce it in mass quantities to deliver it to the front lines? Also, the brutes are awful in Halo 3. They're slow, stupid, and can't evade anything you throw at them. They offer no challenge except having more health on a higher difficulty. If you throw a grenade at their feet they can't even dive out of the blast radius. I would prefer the "rage ability" when you shot off their armor rather than having them just stand there waiting to get popped. I enjoyed in Halo 2 when the brutes stole human weapons because it showed they were uncivilized in the religion unlike the Elites who would never touch a human weapons because it was heresy to do so. The spiker is just an SMG. The mauler is just a shotgun that you can duel wield (big deal), the Brute Shot was at least interesting in Halo 2 before it was just an underpowered rocket launcher, and the incendiary grenade is just unoriginal and uninteresting. The only interesting weapons there are the gravity hammer and the spike grenade that at least plays a different function from the frag and plasma grenades.
@Zardnar

You Said:
"Putting 3 down there with Halo 5? Halo 5 was pretty bad in its own right, but I don't understand how you can feel it is bad but place 4 higher when it objectively did things worse, which I will be glad to elaborate on if you are so inclined."
I Say:
I'll be focusing only on the campaign in this rebuttal as I'm mainly only focusing on the Halo 3 campaign/gameplay and not necessarily the multiplayer and other modes. Also, I understand Halo 4 has flaws and why it's not necessarily as well received as some other titles. Also, here is my ranking of Halo games in terms of campaign (Halo 2, Halo 1, Halo Reach, Halo 4, ODST, Halo 3, Halo 5). Do know that it's very close between Halo 2 through ODST.

First off, Halo 4 is more similar to Halo 1 than Halo 3 is to Halo 1. Halo 1 creates mystery (the halo ring), horror (the Flood), a sense of being out numbered (whenever it's just chief and Cortona missions), a feeling of winning the fight (rescuing Capt. Keyes and taking the control room), followed by a feeling of loss (the events after The Flood when it's clear you lost and everyone is going to die). Compare with Halo 4: the mystery of Requiem, the horror of the composer turning civilians into skeletons, being stranded alone on Requiem at the beginning and then fighting alone when you're abandoned, winning when you secure the Infinity and downfall when the Didact gets the composer. Halo 3 on the other hands offers nothing of substance. You crash to Earth and proceed to spend 4 mission traveling to a giant hole in the ground (which by the way is just the cut ending for Halo 2). Then the flood crashed to Earth, you fight them for one mission, then leave never to explore the horror of an impact of an outbreak. You then go find a map room on the Ark and kill the Prophet of Truth. I mean come on, Bungie didn't even explore this massive Halo building installation! Halo 1: outgunned by aliens on a mysterious space world to then having both you and the aliens get the snot beat out of them by an even worse enemy. Halo 2: military sci-fi shooter with deep religious meanings that follows the evolution of a foe into a hero that aids as a catalyst in the downfall of an overwhelming enemy while the main protagonist fights for humanities survival. Halo 3: Hero falls to Earth, clears landing zones, and attacks in broad daylight on every mission.

Even the Master Chief, weapons, melee, sound design and base speed in Halo 4 make you feel like the total bada$$ just like in Halo 1. Compare Halo 1 and 4. All the weapons pack a punch in sound and in ripping apart enemies (Halo 3 weapons sounded and felt underpowered. Heck the plasma pistol can't even kill anything and the AR needs more than 1 clip above Normal difficulty). When you throw a punch you hear it and you feel it (Halo 3 feels like master chief is struggling to swing his weapon and when you connect their just a little "tap". Heck Halo 1 and 4 have you using the needles on the needler to impale enemies!) Idk what it is about Halo 3 but it feels like your dragging an anchor around with you. Halo 1 and 4 it feels like you're running circles around enemies!

This isn't everything but I also don't want to ramble it make my response too long. My point is, Halo 4 brings the game back to what made it great in Halo 1 and 2 whereas Halo 3 is missing the point. Also, it's easy to say Halo 3 was the "peak of the series" when it was marketed so well and the only other competitor was Call of Duty. What else did people have to play? What other game at that time was a beloved series that was coming to an end (little did we know about what the future held). I would like to see what aspects gameplay/campaign wise it improved on because I can't think on one other than adding more vehicles to the sandbox. Playable elites were in Halo 2. Halo 1 had the largest maps. Have you compared the graphics to that of PC games that came out around the same time? Cool new weapons? The spiker is an SMG, the mauler is a shotgun. The only cool new weapons are the Spartan laser, gravity hammer, and the ability to detach a turret. I do like equipment. Forge can be found in many PC game, just because Halo might have been the first to put it in a console game doesn't make it revolutionary. Forge and theatre weren't revolutionary but what the community did with it was.

Honestly, Bungie made a subpar game at best, but it was the community that elevated it to the status is currently holds. Honestly I want to know, do you think Halo 3 would be as memorable now if it didn't have a strong community surrounding it? I honestly don't think so. There was never a community for Halo 1, 2, hardly Reach, or 4. But there's a community for Halo 3 and a community for Halo 5 which is why both of those games are still alive to some degree today.
Some rebuttals to your rebuttals:
  1. The scarabs you fight aren't the whole picture. They are merely the objectives. The real threats are the enemies on board the scarabs as well as the enemies in the vehicles. Whether you take the hornet or continue in the scorpion, you still have to deal with either ground vehicles or aerial vehicles in order to defeat both of them.
  2. No rebuttal on this one. Cortana was an annoying level, and the interruptions from Cortana/Gravemind were annoying.
  3. Johnson was captured in H2 as well. It's kind of his thing throughout the franchise. He gets put in sticky situations yet somehow always survives. What made his death so epic was the fact that, for once, he wasn't able to get out of the sticky situation.
  4. Arbiter killing Truth was an epic cut scene. You fought your way through waves of Covenant forces until you finally made it to the control room in the Citadel. I'm not sure what was so anticlimactic about that moment. Arby was working toward that moment the entire game and finally accomplished his mission.
  5. A lot to unpack on this one... The power armor is actually explained quite well by a recent YouTube video from Installation 00. I highly recommend you check out his page. And while I'll agree that they were far easier to fight than in H2, one could argue that everything was easier to fight than in H2. That game was ridiculously hard and the enemies were notoriously unbalanced. Regarding weapons, they weren't reskins. The spiker has a different fire rate and the melee is more effective. Dual wielding the mauler to create a double shotgun ability is also incredibly cool and fun to use. As for the incendiary grenade, that was an awesome addition! It was an entirely new type of grenade with a different purpose from every other grenade. How exactly does that make it unoriginal?
@ thetimewarptrioI Agree: Legitimate complaints in my mind would be more like the Cortana/Gravemind interruptions throughout the campaign and some of the shortcuts Bungie made with shoehorning the story into what they wanted it to be despite it not making a ton of sense.
I Disagree:1. "You get to fight TWO scarabs at once, and these scarabs you can actually manually take down and fight unlike in Halo 2."
Rebuttal: The scarabs walk in circles, hardly pose any threat even on legendary, and can be blown up without even having to board them by flying a hornet around them in circles and mashing the rockets. Yeah they look cool, but they don't do anything.

2. "Cortana" fully encapsulates the actual horror of the Flood and how scary and flat out disgusting the infection is."
Rebuttal: Kinda but not really. The mission Cortona is bathed in bright sunlight which does nothing to create a horror atmosphere. Halo 2 flood mission by comparison were really dark (to the point you needed to use your flashlight), there was smog and smoke, screaming from every direction. Cortona was bright, full visibility, lacked spooky audio, and the flood just stood around when you weren't in plain sight rather than rushing you like an endless swarm. Last of all, the flood were SO easy to kill in Halo it was like shooting dust. Halo 1 and 2 you can't melee a flood but Halo 3 you can 1-hit-melee.
3. Johnson has an epic sendoff.
Rebuttal: He was betrayed and shot in the back then left to die. The master chief can lift around 2500lbs, I doubt Johnson weighing maybe 250lbs would actually slow him down. Also, Johnson was treated like Princess Peach in Halo 3. He was captured twice (Sierra 117 & The Covenant), lost the commander center on Crows Nest, instead of saving Miranda Keys he told her to shoot him, and then get's shot in the back anyway. He was a bada$$ in Halo 2 and treated poorly in Halo 3.
4. The Arbiter finally gets to put a sword through a prophet.
Rebuttal: Yeah but the Prophet of Truth is a shell of the character he was in Halo 2. And the lead up to the point was nonexistent. You go to the Ark and find the map room, then go to kill the Prophet of Truth. Yeah, great climax.

5. Instead of Brutes being furry hard-hat enemies with their blind charge, you see them in all their glory with power armor, gravity hammers, and fuel rod cannons. The Brute weapons are perfect for their characterization - instead of stealing human shotguns like they did in Halo 2, they have their own brutal shotgun, as well as a weapon that literally shoots impaling spikes (although to be honest I like Halo 2's brute shot better), and the GRAVITY HAMMER.
Rebuttal: Their power armor doesn't make any sense. Halo 2 occurred two weeks before the events of Halo 3. Where did they all of a sudden get their armor? Their capital city just got destroyed by the flood so where did they produce it in mass quantities to deliver it to the front lines? Also, the brutes are awful in Halo 3. They're slow, stupid, and can't evade anything you throw at them. They offer no challenge except having more health on a higher difficulty. If you throw a grenade at their feet they can't even dive out of the blast radius. I would prefer the "rage ability" when you shot off their armor rather than having them just stand there waiting to get popped. I enjoyed in Halo 2 when the brutes stole human weapons because it showed they were uncivilized in the religion unlike the Elites who would never touch a human weapons because it was heresy to do so. The spiker is just an SMG. The mauler is just a shotgun that you can duel wield (big deal), the Brute Shot was at least interesting in Halo 2 before it was just an underpowered rocket launcher, and the incendiary grenade is just unoriginal and uninteresting. The only interesting weapons there are the gravity hammer and the spike grenade that at least plays a different function from the frag and plasma grenades.
1. I mean I'm not necessarily a pushover here, but if you don't get checkpoints, those two scarabs on Legendary can be pretty damn difficult. I don't think Legendary is necessarily all that difficult as far as games as a whole go, but for the Halo games I'd be willing to bet this is one of the harder checkpoints in the series.

2. I think Cortana goes to a different type of horror. While Halo 2 is more of "jump scare" horror involving darkness and things jumping out at you, Halo 3 was more gross/body horror, and more just visual horror with how fast flood biomass can spread and take over a place. Especially those things that you can pop open........gross. It's a different kind of horror, and I'm glad it was visualized and explored.

3. Not sure what you missed, but Johnson like flat-out died. He wasn't left to die. Dude was dead dead right after he handed off the laser. I do agree with the points about him kind of just being the shoehorn for "we need someone to be in trouble so why not make it Johnson". I wouldn't say Halo 3 ruined his character, but it was a weaker take.

4. I think it makes sense that the Prophet of Truth has less involvement in Halo 3. You already know everything you need to know about him in Halo 2. He isn't the "big bad" of the game, so the focus is a little bit elsewhere. My point was mainly that it was satisfying redemption from Halo 2. The Arbiter finally getting to put down the instrument of his disgrace.

5. I mean, this seems like an "agree to disagree" area. In Halo 3 ODST which takes place at the same time of Halo 2 (basically), we see Brutes with power armor - so I'm sure it's safe to say that it exists in some areas and doesn't in others. I also agree that the "rage ability" is far more difficult to combat, but it's just a cheap tactic and it isn't fun to play against. When it takes three energy sword hits for a kill, I view that as an annoyance, not a degree of actual fun difficulty. I agree the spiker is basically an SMG, but I'd present the argument that the SMG is the weapon we need less. It's useless in Halo 2 and almost just as useless in Halo 3. It's cooler to have world building weapons than just another "AR" type weapon that is dual wieldable.
@thetimewarptrio
1. I mean I'm not necessarily a pushover here, but if you don't get checkpoints, those two scarabs on Legendary can be pretty damn difficult. I don't think Legendary is necessarily all that difficult as far as games as a whole go, but for the Halo games I'd be willing to bet this is one of the harder checkpoints in the series.
Rebuttal: Sure, they might be difficult if you don't approach them appropriately, but the main issue is that they just spin in a circle. If this is suppose to be the climatic fight that ends the war, it's prety weak. Obviously you can argue that the xbox probably didn't have the hardware at the time to handle a huge battle but Halo Reach pulled off some pretty great scenes like the beginning of Long Night of Solace.
2. I think Cortana goes to a different type of horror. While Halo 2 is more of "jump scare" horror involving darkness and things jumping out at you, Halo 3 was more gross/body horror, and more just visual horror with how fast flood biomass can spread and take over a place. Especially those things that you can pop open........gross. It's a different kind of horror, and I'm glad it was visualized and explored.
Rebuttal: I agree it's a "different kind of horror" but personally, Im afraid of putting my hand down the garbage disposal more so because I can't see what's down there as opposed to being wet and gross. Like I said before, the fact that High Charity was bathed in sunlight did nothing to make things scary. The Halo 1 mission, "Keyes" is both dark with jump scares, provides the feeling of being out numbered, and provides that gross horror when you find Captain Keyes is turned into a proto-gravemind and you have to punch through his face to rip the neural implants from his brain. Where was that in High Charity?
3. Not sure what you missed, but Johnson like flat-out died. He wasn't left to die. Dude was dead dead right after he handed off the laser. I do agree with the points about him kind of just being the shoehorn for "we need someone to be in trouble so why not make it Johnson". I wouldn't say Halo 3 ruined his character, but it was a weaker take.
Rebuttal: No I don't think they ruined his character, but it wasn't a good use of the character. And I don't want to be annoying but he wasn't dead after he handed off the laser because then he was in the following cutscene.
4. I think it makes sense that the Prophet of Truth has less involvement in Halo 3. You already know everything you need to know about him in Halo 2. He isn't the "big bad" of the game, so the focus is a little bit elsewhere. My point was mainly that it was satisfying redemption from Halo 2. The Arbiter finally getting to put down the instrument of his disgrace.
Rebuttal: I completely disagree. The Prophet of Truth is the main villian of Halo 3. 7 out of 9 mission were all about getting to and stopping Truth. The let down in Truth's death is that you don't get to play as the arbiter. Everything we know about Truth from Halo 2 is because we play as the arbiter and learn about his story. Having the Arbiter take a back seat the entire game doesn't build a conclusion because there is no connection between Master Cheif and Truth like there is a connection between the Arbiter and Truth. It's like if the Hulk killed Thano's instead of Tony Stark. Sure they're both trying to kill him, but there's more of a connection between Tony Stark and Thano's than Hulk and Thano's.
5. I mean, this seems like an "agree to disagree" area. In Halo 3 ODST which takes place at the same time of Halo 2 (basically), we see Brutes with power armor - so I'm sure it's safe to say that it exists in some areas and doesn't in others. I also agree that the "rage ability" is far more difficult to combat, but it's just a cheap tactic and it isn't fun to play against. When it takes three energy sword hits for a kill, I view that as an annoyance, not a degree of actual fun difficulty. I agree the spiker is basically an SMG, but I'd present the argument that the SMG is the weapon we need less. It's useless in Halo 2 and almost just as useless in Halo 3. It's cooler to have world building weapons than just another "AR" type weapon that is dual wieldable.
Rebuttal: I get that it's in ODST so you can make that argument, but I honestly don't think Bungie really wanted to put that much effort into ODST in the first place. For instance, instead of allowing us to fight elites in addition to brutes, we just had to pretend that the brutes murdered all the elites at this point instead of seeing it happen. I'm not saying I hate the armor, I'm saying I don't think the brutes were handled well now that elites were no longer an enemy. Personally, I would have LOVED if we still faught elites in Halo 3. The elites would fight humans and brutes. Brutes would fight humans and elites. And then there are those elites that sided with the arbiter and didn't fight humans. I cannot believe that every elite would suddenly stop fighting humans (who they faught for 25 years and were groomed to hate and exterminate). I agree the rage ability can be wayyy to overpowered in certain circumstances at least it provides some sort of variety, uniqueness, and challenge. I agree the SMG is useless, however I enjoy having a large weapon sandbox so instead of getting rid of the SMG or the Spiker, I would rather they're repurposed into more unique roles. For instance (just off the top of my head), the Spiker rounds can go through enemies and strike enemies behind them. Or it can bypass shields because the spikes move slow enough that it wouldn't activate the shielding and go right to health. Or maybe if you shoot the spikes up a wall, you can climb up them to gain a high ground advantage. This would be cool because you could see brutes doing this to get up into trees and fight like an ape would. (This is the point I should mention that I advocate for balancing weapons for campaign and multiplayer independantly). Maybe the SMG, being smaller, lighter, and less accurate, allows you to sprint while firing and jump higher with a cool flip annimation (like in the Halo Wars cutscene). Or maybe it really does take on a more silenced role and allows you to sneak around if that's your play style.
Some people like different things. Halo 3 is my favorite halo game because of the weapon sandbox, maps, and campaign that serves as a climactic ending to the original trilogy. If you don't like Halo 3, that's OK.
@HappyPlace1866
Some rebuttals to your rebuttals:
The scarabs you fight aren't the whole picture. They are merely the objectives. The real threats are the enemies on board the scarabs as well as the enemies in the vehicles. Whether you take the hornet or continue in the scorpion, you still have to deal with either ground vehicles or aerial vehicles in order to defeat both of them.
Rebuttal: The point I made was that the scarabs are boring, provide no challenge, and are easily defeated. Whether you surround them with enemies or not doesn't make them anymore interesting. After you kill all the enemies your left with a boring stomp machine without any pathing to prevent you from just hiding underneith it. Also, if you fly a hornet high enough, the only thing that shoots at you is a banshee.
Johnson was captured in H2 as well. It's kind of his thing throughout the franchise. He gets put in sticky situations yet somehow always survives. What made his death so epic was the fact that, for once, he wasn't able to get out of the sticky situation.
Rebuttal: Um no, he was cool in Halo 2 and then got shot in the back unexpectedly by 343 Guilty Spark who additionally had no purpose throughout the story of Halo 3. All Guilty Spark did was unlock doors the entire time.
Arbiter killing Truth was an epic cut scene. You fought your way through waves of Covenant forces until you finally made it to the control room in the Citadel. I'm not sure what was so anticlimactic about that moment. Arby was working toward that moment the entire game and finally accomplished his mission.
Rebuttal: see my other comments. Ultimately, the Prophet is part of the Arbiters story line and the Arbiter had no story line in Halo 3 other than to follow the Master Chief around.
Regarding weapons, they weren't reskins. The spiker has a different fire rate and the melee is more effective.
Rebuttal: Just because a weapon has a different rate of fire doesn't makes it different. The SMG, assault rifle, plasma rifle, and spiker are essentially the same weapons. Yeah, I know the melee is supposedly "more effective" on the spiker but that never makes a difference in an actual fight.
Dual wielding the mauler to create a double shotgun ability is also incredibly cool and fun to use.
Rebuttal: oh wow, two shotguns that are still worse than the shotgun and sword. How original.
As for the incendiary grenade, that was an awesome addition! It was an entirely new type of grenade with a different purpose from every other grenade.
Rebuttal: oh wow, it creates fire when you throw it and instantly kills anything it touches. Wow. Just like a molotov cocktail.
@EditorialCub2
You can't spell climatic without clearing landing zones, spending half the game traveling to a hole in the ground, not exploring the largest forerunner installation ever discovered, under utilizing characters, lack luster atmospheres, and a boring sound design compared to its predecessors.
Really not a fan of "change my mind" posts. They always end up being posts from some dude who has his/her mind made up about something. In truth, the person making the post doesn't have the desire to have their mind changed at all or look at something from a different lens, but rather has a desire to do everything he/she can to create as much drama as possible and negate everything others say purely to call attention to themselves.
tuhin94 wrote:
Really not a fan of "change my mind" posts. They always end up being posts from some dude who has his/her mind made up about something. In truth, the person making the post doesn't have the desire to have their mind changed at all or look at something from a different lens, but rather has a desire to do everything he/she can to create as much drama as possible and negate everything others say purely to call attention to themselves.
Yeah, great job contributing to the post. Everyone give it up to tuhin94 who is clearly the adult in the room letting everyone know how mature they are by not engaging in a discussion.
tuhin94 wrote:
Yeah, great job contributing to the post. Everyone give it up to tuhin94 who is clearly the adult in the room letting everyone know how mature they are by not engaging in a discussion.
Point proven 👍
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2