Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Halo 3 Legendary Ending?

OP Sokol Reborn

So I just got done replaying Halo 3 on Legendary for old time sake, then watching the ending something occurred to me. What is that planet in the Legendary ending? Now of course its supposed to be Requiem, but what was it supposed to be in Bungies day? Some say Onyx, but honestly I’ve looked it up and found nothing concrete, so please if anyone has any knowledge that could help me with this, I’d greatly appreciate it!
It was still requiem. I'm pretty sure the story Bungie had planned was almost identical to 4's story but then decided to do reach instead.
It was still requiem. I'm pretty sure the story Bungie had planned was almost identical to 4's story but then decided to do reach instead.
I wish they would’ve told us, since they were leaving, but a part of me feels that way as well or they had at least a similar idea.
You're right, I think the depiction was a bit different between the end of Halo 3 (2007) and what we saw in Halo 4 (2012).
I always thought that the 'Forward Unto Dawn' drifted around Requiem for 4 years until Cortana woke up the Chief when she detected the approach of the ships which unfortunately were Covenant forces.
I always thought that the 'Forward Unto Dawn' drifted around Requiem for 4 years until Cortana woke up the Chief when she detected the approach of the ships which unfortunately were Covenant forces.
I think mendicant put them near requiem but still far enough for them to drift over a long period of time because requiem started scanning them when they got close enough which contributed to cortana waking chief up.
I think mendicant put them near requiem but still far enough for them to drift over a long period of time because requiem started scanning them when they got close enough which contributed to cortana waking chief up.
Personally I feel 343i and Bungie had different perceptions and I feel the terminals give us a little tease of what it would’ve been.
Personally I feel 343i and Bungie had different perceptions and I feel the terminals give us a little tease of what it would’ve been.
I feel like the story is nearly identical for the main points, such as the Didact being the villain with Prometheans being the main enemies and Cortana dying to save chief with requiem being the same thing it is. I doubt Bungie would have made the Infinity a thing or if they did it wouldn't be as OP as it is now and they probably wouldn't have made chief talk as much since they don't like talkative protagonists, but overall same story with a similar structure.
I think Bungie always had a generic idea of where the plot would go, in regards to Requiem.
I think it was always supposed to be a forrunner shield world. Don't think that it was really named anything or had any further thought put into it.