Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo 3 ODST sequel?

OP AlliSnake

Who would like to see a sequel to Halo 3 ODST? I think it would be awesome to see a return of the rookie where we get his name and learn about him. I still love 3 ODST because you play as a soldier, not a spartan.
It would be amazing to see another ODST game however
Spoiler:
Show
Brymiel wrote:
It would be amazing to see another ODST game however
Spoiler:
Show

Oh. I thought he was still alive. Shame. It would be cool. Say a new ODST team is formed. Not sure where the story could go after 3 ODST.
It would have to fit the same vibe as the original one. That's what made that game so exciting for me. The eerie yet epic gameplay.
They should make a new rookie and not make him die!
If they make a sequel or perse another installment of ODST, it could either take place in the post war Era (if it still revolves around Alpha Nine) or the reclaimer era.
I would prefer the latter, because we can see the UNSC battling with Insurrectionist factions or aiding new allys (such as Lydus from Halo: Escalation) to further extend the lore and create a new type of game play where you fight against humams or alongside old enemies, (or as them like the first one did with all the ODSTs but instead in a different or oppositional perspective to create a sense of controversy or nostalgia to the community). Would be as -Yoink- as the first plus as revolutionary as Halo 2.
This is something that we've wanted and needed for many years but sadly, it probably won't happen. And even if it did happen, it wouldn't be any good.
this is probably a dumb question but does the UNSC still have ODSTs or were they all put out of commision or replaced by spartans or dead or something? since Buck is a spartan now and you never see ODSTs any more.
this is probably a dumb question but does the UNSC still have ODSTs or were they all put out of commision or replaced by spartans or dead or something? since Buck is a spartan now and you never see ODSTs any more.
No there still around the Spartan 4 program gets recruits from them
As long as the sequel had a true open world campaign, rather than locking you to only segments relevant to the current story mission, and the multiplayer included both standard game modes and firefight, I'd be down for it. There's so many interesting mechanics that could be implemented into a ODST game. Imagine multiplayer respawns being pod drops!
it might be good
i would like to see a odst 2. really enjoyed the first one
A sequel to ODST could be pretty cool, there is some time after the first game that could be used as the story, or even sometime from before when Buck had a different team. There is even a book series that follows the ODST squad Kilo-five where the events take place between Halo 3 and 4, which could also be a viable excuse to make another one. I mean, they're making a Halo Wars 2 and personally I thought that the first one was awful (although I may be biased since I suck at RTS's), so why not a second ODST?
dbond odst wrote:
A sequel to ODST could be pretty cool, there is some time after the first game that could be used as the story, or even sometime from before when Buck had a different team. There is even a book series that follows the ODST squad Kilo-five where the events take place between Halo 3 and 4, which could also be a viable excuse to make another one. I mean, they're making a Halo Wars 2 and personally I thought that the first one was awful (although I may be biased since I suck at RTS's), so why not a second ODST?
I agree! I really hope 343 does it at some point in the future for Halo.
AlliSnake wrote:
dbond odst wrote:
Maybe we'll get it after Halo 6, since Wars is coming out between 5 and 6.
epic gameplay.
dbond odst wrote:
AlliSnake wrote:
dbond odst wrote:
dbond odst wrote:
AlliSnake wrote:
dbond odst wrote:
Maybe. I think it would be cool to see the ODST squad return and see where they go after the events of ODST.
I loved playing ODST, if they made a sequel, I hope for firefight!
I believe that ODST will get a sequel however

Spoiler:
Show