So I came across something cool on the internet and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what it is specifically. What I saw was t game box which I’m assuming has a disc but it had different box art than the retail versions of Halo 3. It was from the E3 2006 trailer. The box says “Halo 3 Presale Kit” and on the right side of the box it has a picture of the retail picture of the Legendary Edition. If I happened to get my hands on it, what specifically would it be/include and how rare is it? Thanks in advance!
A pre-sale kit is basically a replacement for a gift card. It's a cool case and usually came with a poster or some little collectible as a "thank you" for pre-ordering at the store. It's rare but not something super valuable. Most were thrown out and/or forgotten about which is why collectors usually jump on items like that.
A pre-sale kit is basically a replacement for a gift card. It's a cool case and usually came with a poster or some little collectible as a "thank you" for pre-ordering at the store. It's rare but not something super valuable. Most were thrown out and/or forgotten about which is why collectors usually jump on items like that.
Very cool. Did you take these kits to the store on launch day as a proof of purchase or something in order to get the game?
Thanks for the info! I have never seen this before and Halo 3 has been a huge part of my life. The release of Halo 3 has always been really fascinating to me and I love things like this that can take me back to that time. Hearing and remembering people's stories of the release are cool to me too. I remember in 2007 everything was Halo 3'd out from GameStop to Burger King. Even with it being 12 years I can't believe I didn't know about this. Hopefully I can get my hands on it.
tuhin94 wrote:
Very cool. Did you take these kits to the store on launch day as a proof of purchase or something in order to get the game?
That's another interesting question. I have never gotten anything like this for pre-ordering a game, even back then. The only things I actually remember physically getting for a pre-order is a poster for NBA 2k something and Sgt. Johnson card from Halo 3 ODST.
tuhin94 wrote:
It wasn't required. As long as you had the receipt, you could pick up your game once it was released.

dryrain23 wrote:
Thanks for the info! I have never seen this before and Halo 3 has been a huge part of my life. The release of Halo 3 has always been really fascinating to me and I love things like this that can take me back to that time. Hearing and remembering people's stories of the release are cool to me too. I remember in 2007 everything was Halo 3'd out from GameStop to Burger King. Even with it being 12 years I can't believe I didn't know about this. Hopefully I can get my hands on it.
You're welcome! There are a ton of awesome collectibles out there. Finding collectibles from the Bungie-Era Halo games are becoming harder and harder to find. Halo 3 was a big game and I still vividly remember being at the midnight launch, all the hype leading up to the release, the Beta invites and/or Crackdown games, LAN parties, it was a fantastic time to be a Halo fan.