Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo 3 Recon

OP Y2Kaleb Roe

Some people won't understand this feeling. Back when Bungie left Halo and 343 took over, Recon was given to all who had Halo 3 and Xbox live. A lot of us created accounts afterwards. Halo 3 being my favorite video game of all time, I obviously want all the armor and achievments I can get. I know 343 can't give it to us, I just wish there was a way. Not being able to have or earn Recon is such a terrible feeling. Its a hopeless feeling. I'm obviously being a bit dramatic but it really does suck. Collecting all the armor is my favorite part about OG H3. I used to play the crap outta the game on my brothers Xbox when I was a kid, which is why I have so much Nostalgia. Really wish 343 made the armor earnable the original way through Vidmasters on MCC. I have a problem wearing armor on MCC if I didn't earn it in the Original, that feels cheap. Im still going to do the Vidmasters on 360, while I wont get the prize, Im a strong believer in its not the prize at the end of the road, but the road that takes you there. The Road to Recon.
Some people won't understand this feeling. Back when Bungie left Halo and 343 took over, Recon was given to all who had Halo 3 and Xbox live. A lot of us created accounts afterwards. Halo 3 being my favorite video game of all time, I obviously want all the armor and achievments I can get. I know 343 can't give it to us, I just wish there was a way. Not being able to have or earn Recon is such a terrible feeling. Its a hopeless feeling. I'm obviously being a bit dramatic but it really does suck. Collecting all the armor is my favorite part about OG H3. I used to play the crap outta the game on my brothers Xbox when I was a kid, which is why I have so much Nostalgia. Really wish 343 made the armor earnable the original way through Vidmasters on MCC. I have a problem wearing armor on MCC if I didn't earn it in the Original, that feels cheap. Im still going to do the Vidmasters on 360, while I wont get the prize, Im a strong believer in its not the prize at the end of the road, but the road that takes you there. The Road to Recon.
I do wish they would make recon unlock able:(
Let's be honest, anyone who jumped into halo with halo 5 will have missed the true meaning of Achievement unlocking. the only real unlock that was achievement based for halo 4 was the Mark VI for legendary.

Halo 3 had a real achievement hunter rewards scheme to it, Campaign difficulty completions, Skull Collecting, Specific Achievement sets and 100% completion rewards...well at least til the newer achievements came out around ODST time and then just getting the 1000 Gamerscore required but still, every 343 game has a sort of diminished value to the armour that players can get especially now with halo 5...the Req system basically just shows either a tone of money has been spent on the packs or they just got lucky.
To me, I'd just ask why you changed accounts so much. I've only had one XBL account for the last 12 years, tied to the same email. There was always the option to pay to change your gamertag if that's what you wanted to do. It does suck that you've lost stuff, but it was pretty widely known even then that all your progress was tied to your gamertag.
To me, I'd just ask why you changed accounts so much. I've only had one XBL account for the last 12 years, tied to the same email. There was always the option to pay to change your gamertag if that's what you wanted to do. It does suck that you've lost stuff, but it was pretty widely known even then that all your progress was tied to your gamertag.
The thing was that only those who played Halo 3 and bought the Maps rom the Market place at the time, rather than getting ODST. This meant the Vidmaster achievements would only be half accessible and thus they'd be unable to obtain RECON. Basically it's value got stomped on. Also XBOX 360s at the time could use free month trials for armour those wanting to unlock some of the armours for local use. Did a similar thing making Machinima back in the day so I could have 4 characters with ODST or other Helmets and armour only accessible through online achievements.
You know what? Have you ever heard of the recon skull? Well I know where it is and am going to get it today, but I’m not sure if it gives you the actual armor. If so it would only work on the 360version of halo 3 so I will keep you posted on how it goes if it works you can unlock it yourself. I know this may sound fake and again, it may not give me the armor, but it does exist and again, I will keep you posted on how it goes
You know what? Have you ever heard of the recon skull? Well I know where it is and am going to get it today, but I’m not sure if it gives you the actual armor. If so it would only work on the 360version of halo 3 so I will keep you posted on how it goes if it works you can unlock it yourself. I know this may sound fake and again, it may not give me the armor, but it does exist and again, I will keep you posted on how it goes
Was this video made by GeneralKidd, perchance? If so, you may want to check the date it was uploaded. Nobody can unlock Recon anymore on the Xbox 360.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Was this video made by GeneralKidd, perchance? If so, you may want to check the date it was uploaded. Nobody can unlock Recon anymore on the Xbox 360.
Well thanks for telling me N7 117. I was planning to waste my afternoon trying to get it lol