I not a big fan of halo 3's multiplayer because the weapons weren't buff enough it i didn't feel quit right in my opinion the had some great game modes like forge and adding theater i just didn't like how weak the weapons were and sounded other than that was enjoyable but tell me your opinion i know i am going to get MA5 rounds to the face for saying this about halo 3 but it just reflects off my shield.
I personally prefer the slower pace. Fights boil down less to who gets the first shot, and more to who is good with grenades, melee and has a good aim.
Most of the people who enjoy Halo 3 are those who had a chance to play back when it came out in 2007. If you didn't have a chance to play when everyone else was playing, its hard to play/enjoy enjoy especially when you're comparing the game to Halo 5 with armor abilities. That's just my opinion anyways.
Most of the people who enjoy Halo 3 are those who had a chance to play back when it came out in 2007. If you didn't have a chance to play when everyone else was playing, its hard to play/enjoy enjoy especially when you're comparing the game to Halo 5 with armor abilities. That's just my opinion anyways.
I disagree. Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians adopted the "ADHD" design mentality (fast movement, explosions, rarely taking a breather) of a lot of other video games. There are still shooters from the current generation of consoles that don't do this, so it isn't just nostalgia that makes people enjoy Halo 3. It's just difficult for people to get into Halo 3 if they're only used to games like Call of Duty and Titanfall.
I disagree. Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians adopted the "ADHD" design mentality (fast movement, explosions, rarely taking a breather) of a lot of other video games. There are still shooters from the current generation of consoles that don't do this, so it isn't just nostalgia that makes people enjoy Halo 3. It's just difficult for people to get into Halo 3 if they're only used to games like Call of Duty and Titanfall.
That's a fair assessment. People that are used to games like Call of Duty, Titanfall, and Fortnite struggle to enjoy older games because the gameplay isn't moving a thousand miles an hour. Things were simpler back in the Halo 3 days but were just as competitive. Skill was based on consistent combat skills and being able to outwit your opponent.
Main problem is that it feels like they have been playing it every day ever since lol
Main problem is that it feels like they have been playing it every day ever since lol
Why's that a problem?
Why's that a problem?
Ok .... it’s because they are very good? Because they know every last corner of every single map? Because they know when and where all power weapons spawn? Let alone the different movement set and button layout you have to get used to. I’m just saying, it can be tough to have a good time there as someone who hasn’t been playing the game for years.
Why's that a problem?
Ok .... it’s because they are very good? Because they know every last corner of every single map? Because they know when and where all power weapons spawn? Let alone the different movement set and button layout you have to get used to. I’m just saying, it can be tough to have a good time there as someone who hasn’t been playing the game for years.
If you legitimately want to get better at the game, it doesn't take years to learn those things. They may have been playing the game for years, but you can at least be competent against them with good team communication and an understanding of the maps. Hell, you can learn a lot of what you need to know in the comfort of Forge in your spare time.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Why's that a problem?
I'm not sure how my limited experience with the multiplayer of Halo 5: Guardians has anything to do with learning Halo 3's map layouts and weapon spawns, but if you want to behave like a child...
Why's that a problem?
That's part of the territory though. That can happen in any video game.
Why's that a problem?
That's part of the territory though. That can happen in any video game.
You’re right.
It's ok if you don't like it. Halo 3 feels way different compared to the more recent games. It's slower, and for me, feels more relaxed. It's the last of the "classics" and it shows. I honestly really enjoy Halo 4... because I'm not as good at aiming as others. The higher bullet magnetism makes it easier for me to play. Still, I have won many games of Halo 3 multiplayer.
It's ok if you don't like it. Halo 3 feels way different compared to the more recent games. It's slower, and for me, feels more relaxed. It's the last of the "classics" and it shows. I honestly really enjoy Halo 4... because I'm not as good at aiming as others. The higher bullet magnetism makes it easier for me to play. Still, I have won many games of Halo 3 multiplayer.
Completely agree, I think that, that's one of the magical feelings you got from playing 3 coming home from a day of school.