Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo 4 has been brought back Halo's "roots"!

OP jm98call

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It is classic Halo, and here's why;
Go play campaign, and have both Master Chiefs die, they respawn with the same gun, same armor, same everything, and they both need map control from the A.I. enemies.
Not sure if trolling
or just plain weird.
;)
Halo CE didn't have:

- Killcams
- Forced Armor abilities for custom games
- sprinting
- killstreaks (ordinance drops)
Quote:
Halo CE didn't have:

- Killcams
- sprinting
Halo 4 doesn't either, Master Chief never used any of those, except sprinting.
Quote:
Quote:
Halo CE didn't have:

- Killcams
- sprinting
I don't think you have played campaign because you definitely do pick up Promethean Vision in the first or second level. Regardless none of that stuff was in Halo CE in multiplayer, they are fundamentally different games.

Halo started off playing like a graphically updated version of MARATHON, which arguably is what Halo is based off of in terms of gameplay. It plays hardly anything like it's classic roots.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Halo CE didn't have:

- Killcams
- sprinting
I don't think you have played campaign because you definitely do pick up Promethean Vision in the first or second level. Regardless none of that stuff was in Halo CE in multiplayer, they are fundamentally different games.

Halo started off playing like a graphically updated version of MARATHON, which arguably is what Halo is based off of in terms of gameplay. It plays hardly anything like it's classic roots.
That's not forced Armor Abilities, and that's on-map, thus using map control.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Halo CE didn't have:

- Killcams
- sprinting

None of that stuff was in Halo CE and the only "upgrades" Bungie had for CE was the overshield and the camo which was taken from Marathon.
Quote:
Not sure if trolling
or just plain weird.
I vote just plain weird. Any discussion about Halo's "roots" has nothing to do with campaign.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Halo CE didn't have:

- Killcams
- sprinting

None of that stuff was in Halo CE and the only "upgrades" Bungie had for CE was the overshield and the camo which was taken from Marathon.
It's one of the new innovations added, the AAs are evolved power-ups not everything is exactly the same, Halo CE-3, was a big change, plus Halo 3 added equipment, and they are all considered classic gameplay.

Halo 4 is classic, even starts Halo, with AAs on map, and map control with AAs, deal with it.
Roots grow, you know.
Quote:
Quote:
Not sure if trolling
or just plain weird.
I vote just plain weird. Any discussion about Halo's "roots" has nothing to do with campaign.
Halo's "roots" are from Marathon, which plays very similarly to Halo CE up to 3.
I'm happy some people still know how to write good satire.

Pity no one seems to understand it.
Quote:
Halo CE didn't have:

- Killcams
- sprinting
Who ever said anything about Multiplayer?
Quote:
Roots grow, you know.
Yeah, they also get hacked apart, too.
Haha, I get it. Thankfully I can detect sarcasm on the internet.
Quote:
It's one of the new innovations added, the AAs are evolved power-ups not everything is exactly the same, Halo CE-3, was a big change, plus Halo 3 added equipment, and they are all considered classic gameplay.

Halo 4 is classic, even starts Halo, with AAs on map, and map control with AAs, deal with it.
Cortana is too OP. Halo: CE was better.
A little random I know. but here's a pic I took in my 57 Chevy Bel Air. Truly classic Haloz. I use it as a prop for Haloween. Tonight I think 117 will use it as an orbital drop vehicle. :)
Quote:
A little random I know. but here's a pic I took in my 57 Chevy Bel Air. Truly classic Haloz. I use it as a prop for Haloween. Tonight I think 117 will use it as an orbital drop vehicle. :)
This would be a comment for the off-topic thread brah.
Who would want Halo 4 to be like the original Halo? If they left it the same people would be complaining too. Look at COD
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Halo CE didn't have:

- Killcams
- sprinting

FALSE, if this game's campaign was truly based off of MARATHON, we would a had a kickin futuristic 44. magnum with a scope...

ahh those were the days...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2