Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo 4 Idea Thread

OP n00b4life94

Is it just me or are all the ideas for Halo 4 very dull and very unoriginal ideas?

Guys, remember when Combat Evolved came out? It was so new. SO NEW.Watch.

So here comes Halo 4. The universe of Halo 4 will be packed full of forerunner tech. That means anything in your mind is possible. Any weapon. Any vehicle. Any map. You name it.

Halo 4 is a new trilogy built on the concepts that made the first trilogy great. It won't be a carbon copy. So lets make it a worthy successor instead of a clone.

Quote:
-Current Brainstorming topic-

Ok guys. CTF, Invasion, Infection, etc. All great gametypes. Halo wasn't the first to implement these ideas, but it WAS the one that made them popular on big console titles in FPS games.

The challenge here is to take all these gametypes, and start over. I'm talking completely new and original. So come up with an idea that would make people go, "Holy -Yoink-!"

ex.) Destroy the Super Scarab.
Based off the invasion gametype in Halo Reach, the defending team must keep the attackers from getting to the core of the scarab. The attackers are able to get on the scarab via vehicles and ledges on the map, but beware, the scarab is fully capable of shooting vehicles to pieces.
More Ideas

Quote:
Posted by: Leon Kennedy85
How about a super powered sentinel(so it is capable of killing things) that players control from computers in their base? The sentinel has 3 sentinel beams that is fires at a time, and has an EMP bomb/small explosive to deal with vehicles. The Sentinel takes 1 minute to respawn if destroyed, and if the enemy makes it into your base and destroys the computer, the sentinel cannot respawn.
Quote:
This is something I've asked for since shortly after the release of Halo 3. I've gotten a lot of positive responses out of this suggestion, and I still think it would be awesome.

Since Halo 4 is a whole new game, I would absolutely LOVE to see an Infection gametype that allows the players to play as The Flood character models. I really think it would add to the effect of the whole "Infection" thing.

Think about how nasty it would be to be holding off a massive amount of The Flood, all being played by other people online. Instead of a "Zombie" color like Halo 3 had, let us use a Flood model.

Generally, "Zombies" have no shields anyway, so I don't see how it could effect gameplay, besides having to get used to shooting a different hit box. If you've played the Halo Campaigns, you know how to kill Flood, so it shouldn't be a problem.

What does everyone think of this idea? I'd REALLY like to see this put into action.
21 People viewed this on not one of them had anything to say? wow.
Hey man i will put your thread on my community thread and you can check out. It should be on the front page somewhere... Hopefully people will see yours through my thread but support it and keep it alive so more people can see this!
Change the current armour design
Quote:
Hey man i will put your thread on my community thread and you can check out. It should be on the front page somewhere... Hopefully people will see yours through my thread but support it and keep it alive so more people can see this!
Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll try and do my par to keep your thread alive, it seems very helpful.

Also, could you rename the link to my thread to "Gameplay Ideas"?
Quote:
Change the current armour design
I saw your thread about that
there yerrr go
some more Do's for Halo 4:

1)Remake Halo CE-3's fan favorite maps. Specifically Blood Gulch and Sidewinder, maybe a beaver creek.
2)In Forge, allow us to change the weather and time of day. it would be cool to have a map in the middle of a thunder and lightning storm, or in the middle of a blizzard.
3)Make the MM more like halo 2
4)Weapon Lowering for more RvB ;D
5)Bring back Mark V helmet, but one that looks like Halo CE's not like Reach's or 3s
6)Put overshields and invisibility back on the maps
7)Bots in custom games and forge
8}if there are AA's, make them forge and custom games ONLY
9)Bring back halo 2\3 spartan models and spartan color pallet
10) BRING BACK VOICE MASKING FROM HALO 2, that was fun lmaoo
11} 1-50 ranking system
12} More DLC's
13)Undo option in forge
14)BLOOD GULCH REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Halo CE's dirt ridden one )
15)Halo 2's BR and SMG, Halo CE's Pistol and AR
16)More CE like maps, when the blue base was on one side of the map, and the red base was on the other side. those games where alot more fun to play.
17) Search Engines for Custom Games/Forge would be really cool
18)Bring Back 4 of each grenade like in CE and 2. bring back the flame grenades too, those were fun to mess around with in Custom games and forge
19)Destructive Environments to an extent, like if a grenade hits a tree the tree would fall down or in waterworks from halo 2 if u shot one of the rocks hanging from the top of the cave, it would fall down. that would be cool too

some Dont's:

1)NO BLOOM
2)NO REAL EXTENSIVE CUSTOMIZATION, like vehicle and weapon customization. thatll make it too much like COD
3)NO AA's EXCEPT SPRINT, but no more heavy breathing. it was really obnoxious and annoying
4)No REACH REMAKE
5)No forgemade MM maps
6}NO REACH REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make it like Halo CE-3. 343 will bring ALOOOOT of players back to halo, like me. im playing Halo CE and 2 on the PC and halo 3 on xbox and reach was in my garbage 8 months ago
7)NO MORE CREDITS OR BUYING ARMOUR. you should have to unlock armour as you level up
8) No more assassination animations, going back to the original beat down to the back assassination IMO is alot better
9)Take the knife off of the spartans chest plate(i didnt see it on the toys so i dont know if itll be back but i didnt like it)
10)NO CAMO's FOR GUNS
11)NO VISOR COLORS AGAIN, just leave it gold like in the original

etc etc :] just some suggestions ! only my opinion, what do you guys think? sorry if im spamming*****
I think H4 should keep the assassination animation idea from reach, and expand it, i absolutely love the animation OPTION, nothing funner than really stickin' it to someone who isn't paying attention, but i dont like how it is nearly impossible to "back smack" someone off of your teammate getting assassinated, there should be a showstopper animation, where you pull the enemey off your teammate by holding the melee button, that was be loads of fun
Quote:

1)Remake Halo CE-3's fan favorite maps. Specifically Blood Gulch and Sidewinder, maybe a beaver creek.
2)In Forge, allow us to change the weather and time of day. it would be cool to have a map in the middle of a thunder and lightning storm, or in the middle of a blizzard.
5)Bring back Mark V helmet, but one that looks like Halo CE's not like Reach's or 3s
11} 1-50 ranking system
12} More DLC's
13)Undo option in forge
16)More CE like maps, when the blue base was on one side of the map, and the red base was on the other side. those games where alot more fun to play.
18)Bring Back 4 of each grenade like in CE and 2. bring back the flame grenades too, those were fun to mess around with in Custom games and forge
19)Destructive Environments to an extent, like if a grenade hits a tree the tree would fall down or in waterworks from halo 2 if u shot one of the rocks hanging from the top of the cave, it would fall down. that would be cool too

some Dont's:

1)NO BLOOM
2)NO REAL EXTENSIVE CUSTOMIZATION, like vehicle and weapon customization. thatll make it too much like COD
3)NO AA's EXCEPT SPRINT, but no more heavy breathing. it was really obnoxious and annoying
4)No REACH REMAKE
5)No forgemade MM maps
6}NO REACH REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make it like Halo CE-3. 343 will bring ALOOOOT of players back to halo, like me. im playing Halo CE and 2 on the PC and halo 3 on xbox and reach was in my garbage 8 months ago
7)NO MORE CREDITS OR BUYING ARMOUR. you should have to unlock armour as you level up
8) No more assassination animations, going back to the original beat down to the back assassination IMO is alot better
9)Take the knife off of the spartans chest plate(i didnt see it on the toys so i dont know if itll be back but i didnt like it)
10)NO CAMO's FOR GUNS

etc etc :] just some suggestions ! only my opinion, what do you guys think? sorry if im spamming*****
This. The only thing I don't like about your post is the "NO VISOR COLORS."
Can we as the community stop telling 343i what to do?
They are not going to listen to you guys.
Quote:

YES
I Agree
Agree
Agree, Plus they should make it easier to do and able to do online
Yes, and the Mark V Helmet in halo 3 is an exact copy I believe.
Yes
Yes, Plus let us choose from any AI and set weapons and difficulty.
I Don't think the should keep AA's at all imo.
I think they should have fresh new models and an expanded color pallet.
I Agree, maybe squeakers could use it so there voices aren't so they don't get hate just from speaking.
11} 1-50 ranking system
Yes
12} More DLC's
Yes
13)Undo option in forge
Yes
Agree
Neutral
Hasn't it always been this way?
Agree, I think the should have public list of current custom games, not a matchmaking. Sort of how Halo PC had it's multiplayer.
Agree
YES

some Dont's:

1)NO BLOOM
I think these should be allowed in forge mode, edit a vehicle/weapon and place it down on the map. Not anything like classes though.
Agree
4)No REACH REMAKE
5)No forgemade MM maps
Except in the community playlists.
I don't want a crabon copy of those games.
Agree
I think the should keep that, but make it optional.
It doesn't really make a difference, I think it should be optional.
10)NO CAMO's FOR GUNS
Agree
Nuetral

Just my opinions on this.
Quote:
We can still give them Ideas.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, but it's pointless.

Also, there is this thing called an Edit Button. USE IT.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, but it's pointless.

It's not pointless at all. 343 Is a new company, they don't want to do anything to piss off the fans. One would think the the browse the forums now and then to check on what the community would like.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, but it's pointless.

It's not pointless at all. 343 Is a new company, they don't want to do anything to piss off the fans. One would think the the browse the forums now and then to check on what the community would like.
They do browse the forums, but, they won't add in a ton of things that every person thinks up, they mostly look at things that people complained about in the past. but the mostly keep to their plans.
I think one halo problem is graphics. They're not bad...but not brilliant either. I think that the graphics in the Halo Wars cut scenes (example:halo wars cut scene graphics) would suit it much better, particularly for gameplay.

The reason that I think this is the case is because games such as Battlefield have set a high benchmark in terms of graphical fidelity, and games such as Halo need to evolve to reach this.

I also sprint [and possibly evade] should be standard, NOT armour abilities. This would probably make the game go at a faster pace because people are more mobile. As Reach has shown, maps can be absolutely massive and when there are few vehicles around, sprint/evade are nearly essential to reach the battle quickly. Obviously new armour abilities should be put in their place...but in the case that there are no armour abilities, then at least sprint [and evade] should carry over and be for both Spartans and whoever the new enemies are.

I would also like to see in campaign a more war like scenario where you can play alongside an army against an army; not with one or two allies against an army as this removes some realism. This could carry over into multiplayer with more people being hosted (like Battlefield) and more vehicles [with a first person option whether holding a detached machine gun turret or driving a vehicle etc.]