What is with this forum and the obsession with population?
Quote:MLG made Halo, the old Halo really competitive and I hope MLG makes the population grow
It doesn't matter how great a Halo game is from now on. Gamers today are more diverse and there are tons of triple A titles now a days. The days of Halo being the only game people played are over and the kids who dream about the past really need to wake up.
Yeah because a greater population doesn't make matchmaking better at all. /sarcasm
Really? Because the population dropped by about 370000 from day one. That means that 7.5% of the original high are playing the game now and the other 92.5% didn't like Halo 4. Assuming this game was WAY better at launch without the hundreds of things wrong with it (lack of custom games options, broken forge, personal ordinance, custom loadouts, JIP, game breaking LAG, CSR, completely boring and lifeless Spartan ops, uninspired campaign, instant respawn, pretty lame maps, completely unbalanced weapons, atrocious selection of playlists, etc.) one can reasonably assume that at LEAST another hundred thousand would be enjoying Halo 4 a mere 7 months from it's release.
Halo is in the gutter right now. It absolutely DOES matter how great a Halo game is that determines its population, are you KIDDING?
I will dream about the past all I FRICKIN want because the past is when I actually had FUN with Halo and actually was able to COMPETE without working through a SLOG of crap just to enjoy the experience.