Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo 4 is back on MLG!!!!

OP MuscledRMH

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
So I just checked twitter and MLG tweeted that they will have Halo 4 tournaments with the Team Throwdown v4 settings!

#Halo4 Ladders and Tournaments on #MLG Play will now use v4 settings! Start competing today: http://mlg.to/TINuCn

let's hope more people will start playing Halo 4 again so matchmaking will improve more :)

MLG tweet.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
MLG made Halo, the old Halo really competitive and I hope MLG makes the population grow
I think that's just for gamebattles, actually...I don't think there will be any real LAN tournaments like in the past.
Quote:
MLG made Halo, the old Halo really competitive and I hope MLG makes the population grow
What is with this forum and the obsession with population?

It doesn't matter how great a Halo game is from now on. Gamers today are more diverse and there are tons of triple A titles now a days. The days of Halo being the only game people played are over and the kids who dream about the past really need to wake up.
Guess they figured they should get back on board now the X-Box One is coming out.
Quote:
Generally speaking, if it's good for MLG it's good for the overall gaming community as a whole. If a game is balanced enough for MLG to consider it competitive, it's going to play fairly and enjoyably for casuals too.

Quote:
Quote:
MLG made Halo, the old Halo really competitive and I hope MLG makes the population grow
What is with this forum and the obsession with population?

It doesn't matter how great a Halo game is from now on. Gamers today are more diverse and there are tons of triple A titles now a days. The days of Halo being the only game people played are over and the kids who dream about the past really need to wake up.
I mean, if Halo and CoD:BO were reversed on the population charts, it'd undoubtedly be a better thing for the Halo universe as a whole.
Quote:
MLG tweet.
Yeah. The tweet said 'will now', implying it's already been on Gamebattles, just not the pro MLG circuit.
Quote:
Quote:
MLG tweet.
Yeah. The tweet said 'will now', implying it's already been on Gamebattles, just not the pro MLG circuit.
Nope I checked Halo 4 before on MLG and I thought normal gamebattles weren't there?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
MLG tweet.
Yeah. The tweet said 'will now', implying it's already been on Gamebattles, just not the pro MLG circuit.
Nope I checked Halo 4 before on MLG and I thought normal gamebattles weren't there?
I wouldn't know about the status of it before now, but all I can gleam from that tweet was that with the way it worded, the Gamebattles ladder used v3 and now it uses v4, instead of it being put newly on the site.
Quote:
Quote:
MLG made Halo, the old Halo really competitive and I hope MLG makes the population grow
What is with this forum and the obsession with population?

It doesn't matter how great a Halo game is from now on. Gamers today are more diverse and there are tons of triple A titles now a days. The days of Halo being the only game people played are over and the kids who dream about the past really need to wake up.


Yeah because a greater population doesn't make matchmaking better at all. /sarcasm

Really? Because the population dropped by about 370000 from day one. That means that 7.5% of the original high are playing the game now and the other 92.5% didn't like Halo 4. Assuming this game was WAY better at launch without the hundreds of things wrong with it (lack of custom games options, broken forge, personal ordinance, custom loadouts, JIP, game breaking LAG, CSR, completely boring and lifeless Spartan ops, uninspired campaign, instant respawn, pretty lame maps, completely unbalanced weapons, atrocious selection of playlists, etc.) one can reasonably assume that at LEAST another hundred thousand would be enjoying Halo 4 a mere 7 months from it's release.

Halo is in the gutter right now. It absolutely DOES matter how great a Halo game is that determines its population, are you KIDDING?

I will dream about the past all I FRICKIN want because the past is when I actually had FUN with Halo and actually was able to COMPETE without working through a SLOG of crap just to enjoy the experience.
Quote:
Quote:
And here I was hoping MLG left the Halo franchise forever. I hate MLG with a passion. They destroy every game they ever touched and vomit filth propaganda as if their way of thinking is the way games should be played.

MLG is one of the biggest problems in the gaming industry.
Generally speaking, if it's good for MLG it's good for the overall gaming community as a whole. If a game is balanced enough for MLG to consider it competitive, it's going to play fairly and enjoyably for casuals too.

Quote:
Quote:
MLG made Halo, the old Halo really competitive and I hope MLG makes the population grow
What is with this forum and the obsession with population?

It doesn't matter how great a Halo game is from now on. Gamers today are more diverse and there are tons of triple A titles now a days. The days of Halo being the only game people played are over and the kids who dream about the past really need to wake up.
I mean, if Halo and CoD:BO were reversed on the population charts, it'd undoubtedly be a better thing for the Halo universe as a whole.
I would agree, except that I am SOO glad for the future of Halo because the garbage population for this game has shown them that all the -Yoink- they added to Halo has been completely reviled. It gives me hope, assuming they actually listen to the community, that they do a 110% backtrack and actually gives Halo 5 a chance of being the Halo game that we want and need.
I think if Halo 4 had a bigger population things would have been different to because CSR could be better matched with players, still CSR should have been there from the start and in-game.

343 is still trying to win some population back, they are adding BTB objective next week and MLG is also back with v4 settings. And if you look at the things did and tried to improve Halo 4 they did A LOT! Red X , 4shot BR and 2 shot beatdown BR, and the complete Weapon Tuning, New static weapon spawns on maps and more. 343 atleast is trying to make Halo 4 better even if it is on a slower way.

Legendary Slayer is also coming probably in July so this may bring some people back too?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And here I was hoping MLG left the Halo franchise forever. I hate MLG with a passion. They destroy every game they ever touched and vomit filth propaganda as if their way of thinking is the way games should be played.

MLG is one of the biggest problems in the gaming industry.
Generally speaking, if it's good for MLG it's good for the overall gaming community as a whole. If a game is balanced enough for MLG to consider it competitive, it's going to play fairly and enjoyably for casuals too.

Quote:
Quote:
MLG made Halo, the old Halo really competitive and I hope MLG makes the population grow
What is with this forum and the obsession with population?

It doesn't matter how great a Halo game is from now on. Gamers today are more diverse and there are tons of triple A titles now a days. The days of Halo being the only game people played are over and the kids who dream about the past really need to wake up.
I mean, if Halo and CoD:BO were reversed on the population charts, it'd undoubtedly be a better thing for the Halo universe as a whole.
I would agree, except that I am SOO glad for the future of Halo because the garbage population for this game has shown them that all the Yoink! they added to Halo has been completely reviled. It gives me hope, assuming they actually listen to the community, that they do a 110% backtrack and actually gives Halo 5 a chance of being the Halo game that we want and need.
The 1% that sits on the forums all day is NOT the majority.
I hated MLG with a passion during the Halo 3 era, but I think them coming back is great news.

I have renewed hope for the Halo franchise.

343 has seemed to learn from their mistakes and are trying their hardest to fix what they've done wrong. I respect them for that.
Quote:
I hated MLG with a passion during the Halo 3 era, but I think them coming back is great news.

I have renewed hope for the Halo franchise.

343 has seemed to learn from their mistakes and are trying their hardest to fix what they've done wrong. I respect them for that.
yeah, we should show atleast some love to 343 for trying to make Halo 4 better. They did change a lot of things for us
Also because Roy is back on Halo 4 again shows that there is some new interest in Halo 4 and old MLG player Roy finally coming back to Halo 4 is really good news ;)
While I don't enjoy MLG in the slightest and won't be playing it, I like hearing its back. I like that the game is recognized again. Why? I don't know, I just do.
Halo 4 is still off the pro-circuit. As someone mentioned above, there is no chance for Halo 4 to go anywhere beyond gamebattles.

The population is too low. Its around 15x lower than Black ops 2 and around 30x lower than Starcraft 2. In short, not enough people playing it therefore not enough people would watch it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4