OP MuscledRMH

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Quote:
Halo 4 is still off the pro-circuit. As someone mentioned above, there is no chance for Halo 4 to go anywhere beyond gamebattles.

The population is too low. Its around 15x lower than Black ops 2 and around 30x lower than Starcraft 2. In short, not enough people playing it therefore not enough people would watch it.
That why there is this thread to repopulate Halo 4

Repopulate Halo 4!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And here I was hoping MLG left the Halo franchise forever. I hate MLG with a passion. They destroy every game they ever touched and vomit filth propaganda as if their way of thinking is the way games should be played.

MLG is one of the biggest problems in the gaming industry.
Generally speaking, if it's good for MLG it's good for the overall gaming community as a whole. If a game is balanced enough for MLG to consider it competitive, it's going to play fairly and enjoyably for casuals too.

Quote:
Quote:
MLG made Halo, the old Halo really competitive and I hope MLG makes the population grow
What is with this forum and the obsession with population?

It doesn't matter how great a Halo game is from now on. Gamers today are more diverse and there are tons of triple A titles now a days. The days of Halo being the only game people played are over and the kids who dream about the past really need to wake up.
I mean, if Halo and CoD:BO were reversed on the population charts, it'd undoubtedly be a better thing for the Halo universe as a whole.
I would agree, except that I am SOO glad for the future of Halo because the garbage population for this game has shown them that all the Yoink! they added to Halo has been completely reviled. It gives me hope, assuming they actually listen to the community, that they do a 110% backtrack and actually gives Halo 5 a chance of being the Halo game that we want and need.
The 1% that sits on the forums all day is NOT the majority.
The 87% that left this game after day 2 is, though.
I resent the opinion that MLG "made" Halo. Halo: CE made itself, it got where it was because of bungie, not some "competitive" circle jerk.

Watching those people is just depressing. They're locked to their screens just brimming with rage, then something happens that damages their fragile psyche and they just go off like the other team had killed his mother.
I'm all with GoodMagik on this one.

No, I don't really hate MLG, but I have a strong dislike.
Remember: they picked up H:CE and took it up to competitive status good thing. BUT back then, everything was fairly balanced and they accepted that more or less, because they had to - no one really cared about them back then.

Since H2, they suddenly came to think that all the game needs is a BR. Maybe some rockets, a sniper and nades, a camo... But that's it.
And they still have that mentality.
See, they are stalling Halo's evolution. Everyone dislikes H4's new features because they aren't properly implemented. How could they? Until Reach, the community didn't allow for novelties. And Bungie didn't care about Reach and MLG's reaction, that's why it introduced the first concepts of H4's gimmicks.
Had MLG and the community allowed and cooperated with Bungie back then, 343 wouldn't have the trouble of inexperience with AAs and Perks and the whole stuff.

But no:
"If it's not BRs only, it's not Halo!"
That's what MLG thinks, I think. And you know why they're back now? Not because the update changed anything (admit it, BR+LR are what DMR was before, even worse), but because their beloved BR is once again one of the most powerful weapons.

---
Sorry for the lengthy post, but you just can't cut short how MLG sabotated Halo, imo.
Here's the short version, though:
MLG is bad for Halo, because they refuse to accept evolution, because that would mean they had to learn things anew, which would make them look like nubies.
im gonna love to watch Halo 4 MLG with throwdown settings at MLG than the boring CoD gameplay they normally offer with the pros of that game.

honestly everyone crys about halo 4 and just show hate

343 did some changes and people still feel is not enough, ok... it's not the best halo game, but it's not a bad game at all
Quote:
I resent the opinion that MLG "made" Halo. Halo: CE made itself, it got where it was because of bungie, not some "competitive" circle jerk.
CE was that competition. Multiplayer made Halo the cultural phenomenon it was. Never before did people LAN on consoles. It was simply a novelty. Then CE and the Xbox came out, and people went nuts over playing multiplayer.
You know if future Halo's are going to play like past Halo's because of this, I'm annoyed us campaign players lose out on cool features like Sprint and AA's >:l
Does this mean my boi, Chris Puckett, will be back commentating!?
Although I never got into MLG, and passionately hate those "MLG tryhard kids" that it brings with it... it's still a good thing to have backing a series and drive the population up.
Quote:
---
Sorry for the lengthy post, but you just can't cut short how MLG sabotated Halo, imo.
Here's the short version, though:
MLG is bad for Halo, because they refuse to accept evolution, because that would mean they had to learn things anew, which would make them look like nubies.
MLG does not make Halo, the Developers do. The game will get published whether or not MLG likes all the new features, as long as they can take the game to its basics they'll be fine.

I'm really annoyed with all of this hate for MLG, they are a competitive gaming league, for Halo some of the new features don't work well in that competitive setting so they do not use them. This isn't about they need to "adapt" to Halo as it currently is, with what they want to do "adapting" to the new features simply doesn't work.

I don't play SWAT or Infinity, but I don't hate them and complain about how the fans of those gamemodes sabotaged and ruined Halo. MLG is like that except bigger and more popular. If you can't accept that not everyone wants to play the same way as you then that's really pathetic.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And here I was hoping MLG left the Halo franchise forever. I hate MLG with a passion. They destroy every game they ever touched and vomit filth propaganda as if their way of thinking is the way games should be played.

Generally speaking, if it's good for MLG it's good for the overall gaming community as a whole. If a game is balanced enough for MLG to consider it competitive, it's going to play fairly and enjoyably for casuals too.

Quote:
Quote:
MLG made Halo, the old Halo really competitive and I hope MLG makes the population grow
What is with this forum and the obsession with population?

It doesn't matter how great a Halo game is from now on. Gamers today are more diverse and there are tons of triple A titles now a days. The days of Halo being the only game people played are over and the kids who dream about the past really need to wake up.
I mean, if Halo and CoD:BO were reversed on the population charts, it'd undoubtedly be a better thing for the Halo universe as a whole.
I would agree, except that I am SOO glad for the future of Halo because the garbage population for this game has shown them that all the Yoink! they added to Halo has been completely reviled. It gives me hope, assuming they actually listen to the community, that they do a 110% backtrack and actually gives Halo 5 a chance of being the Halo game that we want and need.
The 1% that sits on the forums all day is NOT the majority.
Yeah clearly. Because 370000 people who stop playing a game in the first month and a half means that game and it's changes were totally well-received.
Quote:

Care to give any specific reasoning? Saying they are ruining gaming is a pretty broad statement, and I'd like to see you back it up.

To be quite honest, in terms of Halo I haven't seen any negative affects of MLG. Of course there are the MLG wannabe's who act tough and mighty from their Halo 3 MLG 50, but that's hardly any real problem considering the vast means of silencing and blocking those people we have with xbox live.

It's human nature to compete and MLG is a pretty big name. It'll give Halo a lot more exposure than it has right now, and hopefully bring back some players.

Now OT:

I wonder if the players who left (SK for example) will be returning or staying on their CoD teams. (if it is indeed true that Halo will be returning to the MLG circuit.)
F*ck off. Seriously.

MLG was a key factor in the success of previous Halo games. Once MLG dropped Halo the interest in the franchise dropped drastically. This is evident in Reach and H4 compared to H2 and H3.

MLG brings with them a community interested in the improvement of classical Halo with balanced gameplay, fair spawns and functional gametypes. Not the random brainless crap that is being put into Halo now like Infinity gametypes, personal ordnance and bad gameplay mechanics like no un-scope when shot or broken and abused AAs like hardlight shield, jetpacks and camo.
Quote:
What, so people who enjoy MLG shouldn't be allowed to have fun? Oh, no, it's only your fun that matters and as long as you get what you want out the game everything's OK.

I welcome Halo back to MLG with open arms!
While I can't say I'm not surprised that there are people who thoroughly dislike MLG I have to acknowledge that opinion. We are all of the same, dwindling, community.

Backing up your opinion with strong language and negative terms doesn't make it anything more than an opinion.

In my opinion I am estatic about this idea, I've never considered myself 'pro' but I've always enjoyed watching them. It's like a football fan being obsessed with Manchester United but not being able to kick or score to save his life.

I can only see a positive change from this, maybe it will work like Halo 3: Half the game is pro and classic while the other is casual and innovative. They don't need to be separate things
The posts above underline my thinking.
MLG is a big factor of Halo, so the devs pay attention. They want to sell as many copies as possible, of course.

III on the other hand just want Halo to stand for its own and with some innovations.
I MLG don't. Whenever something new came into gameplay, they refused it.
III "BRs only!" Remember?

They can do whatever they want in their customs and I appreciate them for bringing competition into the game, but I want something new and they don't. If the devs listen to MLG, wwe have H2 and H3 all over again. I've played enough of those games.
I completely disagree with everything you've said BADMAGIK .

MLG support is fantastic for Halo! Look at how sucky Halo 4 is and it's EASILY the worst Halo game. And guess what? It's the only game thus far to turn away MLG...until now. Things are looking up methinks.
Quote:
Does this mean my boi, Chris Puckett, will be back commentating!?
There are no events, just online play.
Quote:
You know if future Halo's are going to play like past Halo's because of this, I'm annoyed us campaign players lose out on cool features like Sprint and AA's >:l
It is possible to put those into campaign/SpOps/Firefight without putting them in MM.

I don't get how MLG would keep 343 from adding features that MLG doesn't like. Who cares if they don't like the changes as long as they can customize the game the way they want for their competition.
Sometimes, some of you people make me want to blow my brains out.

Competitive gaming is not about sticking to the past and removing everything just for the hell of it while saying 'bad kid' 24/7.

You all have such a horribly flawed perception that it astounds me. Have you ever once considered there are logical reasons behind why their settings are the way they are?

Perhaps automatics are removed because they take much less skill than other weapons and lead to unfair effort vs reward.

Perhaps armor abilities are removed because they randomize gameplay and break certain aspects of maps.

Perhaps ordnance is removed because it has a heavy and random effect on a match where thousands of dollars are on the line.

By the way, here's a shocker for you ignorant people. Halo CE MLG had the Plasma Rifle, Halo Reach MLG had Jetpacks on the map, and Throwdown tries to incorporate ordnance while still remaining balanced.

The reason they kept those things is because they found a balanced and skillful way to incorporate them. They didn't remove them because they did not need to.

They don't "remove things just for the sake of it". They don't "hate evolution". They simply realize why certain aspects are flawed, and fix or remove them appropriately.

Perhaps instead of sitting on your -Yoinks!- and writing a bunch of unsupported -Yoink- about something you have likely never experienced, you should open your minds and act more mature.

What is this, the scope's monkey trial?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4