Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo 4 is great, change my mind people

OP YoutubeSPARTAN4

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The story was great. The multiplayer was some what good but not as good as some of the others. Most of the maps were bad the only ones that I really like are Exile, Ragnarok, Haven, Pitfall, and Longbow. The Boltshot was bad but you could use it against Crawlers and if you got close enough to Knights it wasn't horrible. Than there was the Pulse Grenade. The grenade that let you see where it would hurt you and where it wouldn't.
Boltshot could be used in a diff type of noob combo ig
Love Halo 4. Story, enemies, new Spartans and their story - it's all good.

People 'freaked' out when Halo 4 introduced running. So when it comes to MP hate, I take it with a grain of salt.
Matt71 wrote:

People 'freaked' out when Halo 4 introduced running. So when it comes to MP hate, I take it with a grain of salt.
For future reference, if you want to be disingenuous then you can't do it where the truth is readily available. Even if sprint were the only noteworthy issue people took with the game (which it obviously wasn't), that mechanic negatively impacts map design and helps to prevent players from being punished for bad decisions.
Matt71 wrote:

For future reference, if you want to be disingenuous then you can't do it where the truth is readily available. Even if sprint were the only noteworthy issue people took with the game (which it obviously wasn't), that mechanic negatively impacts map design and helps to prevent players from being punished for bad decisions.
Disingenuous? No. I was being serious. And I can enjoy the MP all I want. I play for fun. Not that I have to explain myself.

Are you that sensitive? It's a game.
I would say that Halo 4 is enjoyable but it had a bit too many flaws to be one of the best Halo games. The main flaws I see with Halo 4 is that the Knights and Watchers are a bit too powerful and that the Elites are much less enjoyable to fight compared to Halo 2 and Halo Reach. Another aspect which leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that you must have an internet connection and Xbox Live Gold membership to play Spartan Ops which means that the missions are highly inaccessible. However, the give some light on Halo 4, I would say the Campaign is probably one of the best parts of the game with a lot of variation and a relatively well balanced difficulty curve where the deciding factor between life or death is usually decided by the actions taken by the player.
Matt71 wrote:
Matt71 wrote:

Disingenuous? No. I was being serious. And I can enjoy the MP all I want. I play for fun. Not that I have to explain myself.

I didn't make the claim that you couldn't enjoy it. All I ask is that you don't pretend that sprint was the single reason people disliked the game.
Halo 4 was good for me, as it was the time when I peaked in terms of taking screenshots, some out of creativity and some for Former Waypoint Admin BS Angel's Weekly Screenshot theme, so that was fun. The original Dominion gametype in matchmaking was also fun with a full party of friends as we could strategize and usually do well with the gametype (Giving weapons and vehicles to those in our group that did the best with them). Also the Halo 4 Flood gametype man, dem happy flood with dat grin and all the funny sounds, fun and laughter for hours XD (Lots of stories from that gametype alone). Team Snackage Pack, I mean Team Action Sack (Yes you can bring a snack) was off the chains with Paintball, Rock N Rail, Mini Slayer, Lightning Flag (Loads of fun with three other friends), and other crazy gametypes.

In custom games, it was fun breaking the Frogger gametype maps on my friends in many ways as well as experimenting with a 'kicking mantis' if you will, basically a Mantis in a set of mancannons that acted somewhat as if it had a mind of it's own that would quick stomp and kick vehicles that would drive in under it as long as it was unmanned and turn in the direction that it kicked the vehicle away from.

With the new weapons, the Boltshot was essentially a 'Pocket Shotgun' if you will, though could be stopped easily with the Hardlight Shield or thruster pack. The Pulse Grenade was very quirky and good for area control if used properly and usually paired well with the Storm Rifle in close quarter combat. If you were skilled enough or lucky enough with it, you could also get your own showstopper with the Pulse Grenade while remaining alive(Meaning you can kill a person assassinating you with it before the assassination is complete if thrown at the proper moment in the right spot). The BR85HB Battle Rifle while it failed me miserably alot (I found myself using the Carbine or DMR over it), it did sound like Crickets when fired, which was hilarious, hence some friends of mine and I calling it the 'Cricket Rifle'.

The Double XP codes from Mountain Dew also made the experience even more so rewarding if you remember those. The campaign was also fun with friends. While I wouldn't play it alone, if some friends would revisit it, I may consider playing again.
Matt71 wrote:
Matt71 wrote:

I didn't make the claim that you couldn't enjoy it. All I ask is that you don't pretend that sprint was the single reason people disliked the game.
Fair enough. I have many a memory of people calling it Halo: COD. I need to let that go, clearly!
Halo 4 was good for me, as it was the time when I peaked in terms of taking screenshots, some out of creativity and some for Former Waypoint Admin BS Angel's Weekly Screenshot theme, so that was fun. The original Dominion gametype in matchmaking was also fun with a full party of friends as we could strategize and usually do well with the gametype (Giving weapons and vehicles to those in our group that did the best with them). Also the Halo 4 Flood gametype man, dem happy flood with dat grin and all the funny sounds, fun and laughter for hours XD (Lots of stories from that gametype alone). Team Snackage Pack, I mean Team Action Sack (Yes you can bring a snack) was off the chains with Paintball, Rock N Rail, Mini Slayer, Lightning Flag (Loads of fun with three other friends), and other crazy gametypes.

In custom games, it was fun breaking the Frogger gametype maps on my friends in many ways as well as experimenting with a 'kicking mantis' if you will, basically a Mantis in a set of mancannons that acted somewhat as if it had a mind of it's own that would quick stomp and kick vehicles that would drive in under it as long as it was unmanned and turn in the direction that it kicked the vehicle away from.

With the new weapons, the Boltshot was essentially a 'Pocket Shotgun' if you will, though could be stopped easily with the Hardlight Shield or thruster pack. The Pulse Grenade was very quirky and good for area control if used properly and usually paired well with the Storm Rifle in close quarter combat. If you were skilled enough or lucky enough with it, you could also get your own showstopper with the Pulse Grenade while remaining alive(Meaning you can kill a person assassinating you with it before the assassination is complete if thrown at the proper moment in the right spot). The BR85HB Battle Rifle while it failed me miserably alot (I found myself using the Carbine or DMR over it), it did sound like Crickets when fired, which was hilarious, hence some friends of mine and I calling it the 'Cricket Rifle'.

The Double XP codes from Mountain Dew also made the experience even more so rewarding if you remember those. The campaign was also fun with friends. While I wouldn't play it alone, if some friends would revisit it, I may consider playing again.
Well said.
Halo 4 had the best multiplayer in the series hands down. I have fond memories of sneaking into the enemy base on big team with active camo on and just raising hell in their base.

God I miss spawning with camo, my whole play style revolved around stealth. I used to setup ambushes for both vehicles and players, it was great.

Now the whole stealth play style is completely non-existent in the newest iteration of the series, and it was replaced by what is effectively CoD. The funny thing is even though Halo 5 is closer to CoD than any other Halo game, you don't hear nearly as much clamoring about it like we did back when Halo 4 was new. I think 343 might've just changed too much too fast, but the honestly nailed the multiplayer perfectly.
Nah, I messed with it quite a bit.
I can't change your mind; I can only state my own. All I can say is that Halo 4 is the only Halo game in which I never replay campaign levels just for fun. I don't like the really long gaps between checkpoints and the Prometheans were only slightly more interesting than the Flood to fight. And God help you if you want to get the MP achievements. Even though you now need to get only one per map pack in order to unlock all of them in that pack, I was in a boosting session today that took over 2.5 hours to successfully play 2 matches due to constant Xbox Live disconnects and H4 server errors. Original Reach and Halo 3 online are both still performing great.
After the original trilogy I'd say it's the best one
the promethean weapons were pretty cool
yep, that's about it
Valta6803 wrote:
yep, that's about it
I mean they were cool but the story was nice too
Valta6803 wrote:
yep, that's about it
I'll take your word for it
Valta6803 wrote:
Valta6803 wrote:
yep, that's about it
I'll take your word for it
I mean I wouldn’t if I like the game lol
For me is a great game like the first halo games. I don't know if a large amount of the hate that H4 received was originated by the fact that it was the first non-bungie halo game. For me it was a great experience. I had the right amount of challenges fighting the prometheans. I think that the story is very good when look that it was a fair argument to stay fighting afterthe covenant collapse. I liked the multiplayer, I had a lot of hours playing against other players and never thought sprint as a bad thing as a lot of people say here. I agree with you, H4 is a great game and I think that is time for the halo comunity stop complaining about what isn't good in this game and look it by other prism. Ok, I know isn't so good ad H3, but H2 and H3 were the apex at that moment and still are, we need to hope that we could have another game at that level but is very unrealistic think that all halo games can be so important to all games industry as Halo 3. I Hope that infinity came with with less flaws than H4 and H5, but I don't hope a new H3.
I loved H4. I think the Promethians are more fun to fight than the Flood and I loved that light rifle. The new art design did not bother me because it made sense to me lore wise. Campaign wise, it’s ranked third behind Reach and CE. Also, I had fun in multiplayer but it would be ranked behind H3 and Reach (I never played H2 online).

Changing something like Halo to make it different from what came before is going to upset people. I get why 343 did it, and I enjoyed it, but I also understand why others did not like the change. Seems like they are going back with Infinite.
WastedU6 wrote:
My question is: did you grow up playing Halo 4 or its predecessors? Consider that bias.

For me, I grew up playing Halo 1 & 2 so the later titles never had a chance regardless. Tommy Kost covers this well here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSAh6x4AM6s
I grew up with reach and halo 4
Bro me too! Those two games were my childhood right there.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3