Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

HALO 4 NEWS HUB - UPDATED 09.02.12

OP Enfinit

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 30
Quote:
Well guys, if you want some awsome Halo 4 pics for your desktop then go here.
Awesome! These definitely look amazing.
Maybe add a section for confirmed details? Here's a sample list.

1. Chief returns to face new enemy threats as well as old ones.

2. Cortana and Chief relationship to be explored more and have direct affect on new Halo games.

3. Books and lore for the last couple of years all finally becoming one solidified universe and leading directly into Halo 4.

4. Multiplayer is back but named Infinity, which is a new 3Km long ship based on Forerunner technology containing a virtual simulator with Spartan IV's being the reason red vs. blue in multiplayer is viable.

5. Spartan Ops is a new Halo take on weekly episodic story based missions from the Infinity with Spartan IV's. Includes cut scenes and story progression each week as well as support for up to 4 co-op players. This is basically replacing firefight.

6. No firefight anymore.

7. No elites in multiplayer but are playable in campaign.

8. Somewhat custom loadouts and armour abilities are back (similar to Halo Reach) but with new abilities and no armour lock.

9. Apparently armour lock is going to be in Spartan Ops but not multiplayer.

10. BR & DMR both confirmed.

11. A new assault carbine weapon is confirmed but remains unseen.

12. 2 multiplayer maps are confirmed, warhouse and wraparound.

13. 4 player campaign co-op still supported.

14. A new progression system as yet mostly unknown but is thought to enable player/weapon customisation.

15. Dynamic random map spawns, not completely random but fixed spawns around the map with a randomisation on which one is the spawn at a given/random time.

16. Multiple playlists but details are yet to be confirmed.

17. New class of enemy weapons confirmed but without details as yet.

18. A new sparkcast (audio podcast) due any day now. Apparently going to clear a few things up from the GameInformer reveal of new game mechanics.

19. New ability called Forerunner vision will allow a limited range view, thought to be look through walls but already confirmed not to show your enemy anywhere on the map. Thought to be close range and useless to experience situationally aware players.

20. No public beta for Halo 4. Internal Microsoft and 343i beta is ongoing already.

21. Campaign is taking place from the Halo 3 legendary planet and is a forerunner shield world called Requiem. Confirmed to contain and inner and outer shell with modified dyson sphere mechanics.

22. Currently no bloom but recoil confirmed by David Ellis (343i employee on twitter).

23. Frankie has been posting on NeoGaf as usual allaying overhyped fears many forum posters are ranting about.

24. Hardcore and casuals continue to be split about what makes core Halo games, even though 343i are set to deliver the more customised playlists and settings to date for any Halo game.

25. Covenant are attacking the Cortana awoke John on, called Forward Unto Dawn.

26. Confirmed Master Chief will more agile in Halo 4 than previous titles, the new armour is confirmed as being designed for this reason.

27. Factions of UNSC, covenant and other species are within the new shield world, Requiem.

28. Player instant spawns but not in objective gametypes.
Would love a plethora of new weapons. Maybe whips and possible long-bladed katanas 343? Maybe a more complex and deeper cambat system with H2H combat and more distinct fighting moves? >.<
Ok, a summary of all Halo 4 information is live and will be updated at halo4ger.com, contains the information from here and other places in a better formatted (due to blog freedom) post, including live images and GIFs, check it out!

Also, Ask your questions here!
New halo music!
Question & Answer session with Neil Davidge - The Halo 4 Music Composer - I went and made a topic with ALL the questions and ALL the answers.

Thought it could be added to the interviews section.
Quote:
Maybe add a section for confirmed details? Here's a sample list.

1. Chief returns to face new enemy threats as well as old ones.

2. Cortana and Chief relationship to be explored more and have direct affect on new Halo games.

3. Books and lore for the last couple of years all finally becoming one solidified universe and leading directly into Halo 4.

4. Multiplayer is back but named Infinity, which is a new 3Km long ship based on Forerunner technology containing a virtual simulator with Spartan IV's being the reason red vs. blue in multiplayer is viable.

5. Spartan Ops is a new Halo take on weekly episodic story based missions from the Infinity with Spartan IV's. Includes cut scenes and story progression each week as well as support for up to 4 co-op players. This is basically replacing firefight.

6. No firefight anymore.

7. No elites in multiplayer but are playable in campaign.

8. Somewhat custom loadouts and armour abilities are back (similar to Halo Reach) but with new abilities and no armour lock.

9. Apparently armour lock is going to be in Spartan Ops but not multiplayer.

10. BR & DMR both confirmed.

11. A new assault carbine weapon is confirmed but remains unseen.

12. 2 multiplayer maps are confirmed, warhouse and wraparound.

13. 4 player campaign co-op still supported.

14. A new progression system as yet mostly unknown but is thought to enable player/weapon customisation.

15. Dynamic random map spawns, not completely random but fixed spawns around the map with a randomisation on which one is the spawn at a given/random time.

16. Multiple playlists but details are yet to be confirmed.

17. New class of enemy weapons confirmed but without details as yet.

18. A new sparkcast (audio podcast) due any day now. Apparently going to clear a few things up from the GameInformer reveal of new game mechanics.

19. New ability called Forerunner vision will allow a limited range view, thought to be look through walls but already confirmed not to show your enemy anywhere on the map. Thought to be close range and useless to experience situationally aware players.

20. No public beta for Halo 4. Internal Microsoft and 343i beta is ongoing already.

21. Campaign is taking place from the Halo 3 legendary planet and is a forerunner shield world called Requiem. Confirmed to contain and inner and outer shell with modified dyson sphere mechanics.

22. Currently no bloom but recoil confirmed by David Ellis (343i employee on twitter).

23. Frankie has been posting on NeoGaf as usual allaying overhyped fears many forum posters are ranting about.

24. Hardcore and casuals continue to be split about what makes core Halo games, even though 343i are set to deliver the more customised playlists and settings to date for any Halo game.

25. Covenant are attacking the Cortana awoke John on, called Forward Unto Dawn.

26. Confirmed Master Chief will more agile in Halo 4 than previous titles, the new armour is confirmed as being designed for this reason.

27. Factions of UNSC, covenant and other species are within the new shield world, Requiem.

28. Player instant spawns but not in objective gametypes.
When were these mentioned/confirmed?
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe add a section for confirmed details? Here's a sample list.

1. Chief returns to face new enemy threats as well as old ones.

2. Cortana and Chief relationship to be explored more and have direct affect on new Halo games.

3. Books and lore for the last couple of years all finally becoming one solidified universe and leading directly into Halo 4.

4. Multiplayer is back but named Infinity, which is a new 3Km long ship based on Forerunner technology containing a virtual simulator with Spartan IV's being the reason red vs. blue in multiplayer is viable.

5. Spartan Ops is a new Halo take on weekly episodic story based missions from the Infinity with Spartan IV's. Includes cut scenes and story progression each week as well as support for up to 4 co-op players. This is basically replacing firefight.

6. No firefight anymore.

7. No elites in multiplayer but are playable in campaign.

8. Somewhat custom loadouts and armour abilities are back (similar to Halo Reach) but with new abilities and no armour lock.

9. Apparently armour lock is going to be in Spartan Ops but not multiplayer.

10. BR & DMR both confirmed.

11. A new assault carbine weapon is confirmed but remains unseen.

12. 2 multiplayer maps are confirmed, warhouse and wraparound.

13. 4 player campaign co-op still supported.

14. A new progression system as yet mostly unknown but is thought to enable player/weapon customisation.

15. Dynamic random map spawns, not completely random but fixed spawns around the map with a randomisation on which one is the spawn at a given/random time.

16. Multiple playlists but details are yet to be confirmed.

17. New class of enemy weapons confirmed but without details as yet.

18. A new sparkcast (audio podcast) due any day now. Apparently going to clear a few things up from the GameInformer reveal of new game mechanics.

19. New ability called Forerunner vision will allow a limited range view, thought to be look through walls but already confirmed not to show your enemy anywhere on the map. Thought to be close range and useless to experience situationally aware players.

20. No public beta for Halo 4. Internal Microsoft and 343i beta is ongoing already.

21. Campaign is taking place from the Halo 3 legendary planet and is a forerunner shield world called Requiem. Confirmed to contain and inner and outer shell with modified dyson sphere mechanics.

22. Currently no bloom but recoil confirmed by David Ellis (343i employee on twitter).

23. Frankie has been posting on NeoGaf as usual allaying overhyped fears many forum posters are ranting about.

24. Hardcore and casuals continue to be split about what makes core Halo games, even though 343i are set to deliver the more customised playlists and settings to date for any Halo game.

25. Covenant are attacking the Cortana awoke John on, called Forward Unto Dawn.

26. Confirmed Master Chief will more agile in Halo 4 than previous titles, the new armour is confirmed as being designed for this reason.

27. Factions of UNSC, covenant and other species are within the new shield world, Requiem.

28. Player instant spawns but not in objective gametypes.
When were these mentioned/confirmed?
The Gameinformer article.
Updated for your viewing pleasure, ladies and gents.

Also, about the podcast, David Ellis has already confirmed that the multiplayer podcast won't be out this week. if there's a podcast out later this afternoon, it'll likely be solely about music.
Great job keeping this updated! It's so useful!
New ViDoc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV0FsqoTNzw
and the music separately with high res GameInformer pictures
Quote:
New ViDoc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV0FsqoTNzw
and the music separately with high res GameInformer pictures
These were both released earlier today on Waypoint's YouTube channel. Please refrain from copying other's videos and posting them on your own channel.

Quote:
Great job keeping this updated! It's so useful!
Thanks, and I'll certainly do my best! If I missed anything, please post it here or contact me via PM!
Actually Waypoint's video did not have the high res GameInformer pictures that my video does have. I did not copy that video.
Not gonna add the GI screens?
Quote:
Not gonna add the GI screens?
Patience, good sir. Patience.
Quote:
Quote:
I would like to apologise for my comment about the news on H4. The spartan ops (continued campaign) is a great idea! Also, as far as the other news, if it doesn't catch, you can always update the game or add new play-lists. So I'm sooooooo sorry for the comment, ceep up the hard work, we are an imposable crowd to please :)
Spartan Ops does sound kind-of cool. A way of having a continuing story to play. Wonder if they'll focus on different Spartans ala "Headhunters" from Evolutions?
Headhunters, is actually one of my favourite short stories too! <3 red energy sward!
Not sure if Jeff's involvement was confirmed or not already but: http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/s6gr1/jeff_steitzer_will_be_in_halo_4/
Quote:
Not sure if Jeff's involvement was confirmed or not already but: http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/s6gr1/jeff_steitzer_will_be_in_halo_4/
Nice find! Great to see Jeff confirmed back.
I am impressed with this.

Good job!
Someone just found how the weapon drop system works

Look at the rocket launcher emblem on the screen.

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/DaliThought/weapondrop.jpg
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 30