5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
You are right. Halo 4 is the best Halo game to date. The story was well written, it was both touching and epic. The Didect was awesome, too bad we haven't heard from him since. And Spartan Ops was a great time.
Glad that you enjoyed the story too
I did. And reasoning some.of these other complaints irritate me. Not to start a fight with others in this thread. But I am like... did you pay attention while playing any Halo game? Did they think Halo was just about killing aliens? Just wow.
Idk, I guess nothing will ever pleases them, and plus Halo 4 felt more human than all of the other Halo games, even tho Halo 3's campaign is my favorite in the series, and in the original trilogy, there were human-like qualities to the characters, but that was never the focus of the original trilogy, with Halo 4, 343i went all out making every character having more personality than ever, take Chief for example, he's not just a guy with a heart of a funny machine, he's dynamic, he changed throughout the story and Cortana too, and I'll never forget about that moment of Cortana fading away, and Chief saying, "She said that to me once... about being a machine!"
I know what you mean. As I said Halo 4 is my favorite. Halo 3 would probably be second.

You are right. 343i killed it with adding emotion to the game. We did a couple times through out Bungies 5 Halo games. But never to the magnitude of Halo 4.
I guess where it falls flat for everyone is the A.I. in the enemies in the campaign, and I kinda agree that the A.I. is kinda dumb down especially with the "new" generation of the covenant
I had no issues with the A.I. I play on Legendary, so it is always hard. I prefer the Prometheans over the Covenant. I enjoy them because of the Forerunner. While playing the Halo CE, and Halo 2, and especially during Halo 3. I was so ready to be done with The Covenant and Flood. I was like Ooooo what are these mysterious Forerunner. Are they alive? When can I see them!?

I had no issues with the A.I. for me they are dynamic, and unpredictable.
ok, that's fine
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
You are right. Halo 4 is the best Halo game to date. The story was well written, it was both touching and epic. The Didect was awesome, too bad we haven't heard from him since. And Spartan Ops was a great time.
I did. And reasoning some.of these other complaints irritate me. Not to start a fight with others in this thread. But I am like... did you pay attention while playing any Halo game? Did they think Halo was just about killing aliens? Just wow.
Idk, I guess nothing will ever pleases them, and plus Halo 4 felt more human than all of the other Halo games, even tho Halo 3's campaign is my favorite in the series, and in the original trilogy, there were human-like qualities to the characters, but that was never the focus of the original trilogy, with Halo 4, 343i went all out making every character having more personality than ever, take Chief for example, he's not just a guy with a heart of a funny machine, he's dynamic, he changed throughout the story and Cortana too, and I'll never forget about that moment of Cortana fading away, and Chief saying, "She said that to me once... about being a machine!"
I know what you mean. As I said Halo 4 is my favorite. Halo 3 would probably be second.

You are right. 343i killed it with adding emotion to the game. We did a couple times through out Bungies 5 Halo games. But never to the magnitude of Halo 4.
I guess where it falls flat for everyone is the A.I. in the enemies in the campaign, and I kinda agree that the A.I. is kinda dumb down especially with the "new" generation of the covenant
I had no issues with the A.I. I play on Legendary, so it is always hard. I prefer the Prometheans over the Covenant. I enjoy them because of the Forerunner. While playing the Halo CE, and Halo 2, and especially during Halo 3. I was so ready to be done with The Covenant and Flood. I was like Ooooo what are these mysterious Forerunner. Are they alive? When can I see them!?

ok, that's fine
Yeah totally cool. It is a preference. Hopefully people had no issues with the AI in Halo 5 Guardians
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:

ok, that's fine
Yeah totally cool. It is a preference. Hopefully people had no issues with the AI in Halo 5 Guardians
I have not played Halo 5 on heroic or harder, but that campaign, I'm sorry, it's the worst IMO in terms of how the story tells
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:

ok, that's fine
I have not played Halo 5 on heroic or harder, but that campaign, I'm sorry, it's the worst IMO in terms of how the story tells
I can not disagree with you there. While, it was visually stunning. And seeing Sanghelios was epic. And the actual mission structure for a couple missions was awesome! Like the Argent Moon mission.

Some issues. For one... There was a huge lack of Master Chief. Seriously 3 missions? Don't ever do that again. If they put Master Chief in the game, he needs to be playable for at least half of it. Secondly, the rumor of a late development re-write makes sense. Because there were large gaps, just missing. John was on Genesis for like a week. There had to be more commentary between him and Cortana.
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:

ok, that's fine
I can not disagree with you there. While, it was visually stunning. And seeing Sanghelios was epic. And the actual mission structure for a couple missions was awesome! Like the Argent Moon mission.

Some issues. For one... There was a huge lack of Master Chief. Seriously 3 missions? Don't ever do that again. If they put Master Chief in the game, he needs to be playable for at least half of it. Secondly, the rumor of a late development re-write makes sense. Because there were large gaps, just missing. John was on Genesis for like a week. There had to be more commentary between him and Cortana.
ever since the backlash of Halo 4's story being too complex, which I don't understand what's complex about it, we have a more generic story than the entire Bungie Trilogy, while those games have simple stories, they have a lot of very catchy phrases, especially in Halo 2, in Halo 5 I don't recall any catchy lines from that campaign, nothing at all, aside from that stupid line that Chief said, "Negative Infinity. I don't like it."
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:

ok, that's fine

ever since the backlash of Halo 4's story being too complex, which I don't understand what's complex about it, we have a more generic story than the entire Bungie Trilogy, while those games have simple stories, they have a lot of very catchy phrases, especially in Halo 2, in Halo 5 I don't recall any catchy lines from that campaign, nothing at all, aside from that stupid line that Chief said, "Negative Infinity. I don't like it."
Halo 4's story was not complex. The issue is low brow gamers don't pay attention as I said in a previous post. They think Halo was about killing the Covenant Alien species. So when they seen a Forerunner in the Didact, they think Halo is different. Halo is complex and blah blah blah. It is unfortunate.
i think it is good, just good.
The problem is... not everyone can see the expanded universe, the halo5 campaign is the worst, lets se what 343 does with the halo 6 campaign.
i think it is good, just good.
The problem is... not everyone can see the expanded universe, the halo5 campaign is the worst, lets se what 343 does with the halo 6 campaign.
That makes me worried
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:

ok, that's fine

Halo 4's story was not complex. The issue is low brow gamers don't pay attention as I said in a previous post. They think Halo was about killing the Covenant Alien species. So when they seen a Forerunner in the Didact, they think Halo is different. Halo is complex and blah blah blah. It is unfortunate.
And so we have Halo 5's story
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:

ok, that's fine

Exactly. *Sighs*. Halo has always told stories at multiple levels. Examples... The Prophets lies to the rest of the Covenant Alien Species...Thel 'Vadamee and his failure... so he becomes the Arbiter. The Flood and their agendas. The UNSC and they fight for survival while learning the true nature of the Halo Rings, and humanity's position in the galactic totem pole (so to speak). Even 343 Guilty Spark and his bs.

There has always been complex stories in Halo. Halo 4 was simple compared to Halo 2, and Halo 3.
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:

ok, that's fine

Exactly. *Sighs*. Halo has always told stories at multiple levels. Examples... The Prophets lies to the rest of the Covenant Alien Species...Thel 'Vadamee and his failure... so he becomes the Arbiter. The Flood and their agendas. The UNSC and they fight for survival while learning the true nature of the Halo Rings, and humanity's position in the galactic totem pole (so to speak). Even 343 Guilty Spark and his bs.

There has always been complex stories in Halo. Halo 4 was simple compared to Halo 2, and Halo 3.
Let's not forget, Halo 2 has expanded their story and the lore and they had emotions in it especially with the Arbiter, so if they accepted that, why not with both Chief and Cortana
Spoiler:
Show
I liked playing with marines or Spartan IVs and getting them killed
JoTGM wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
I liked playing with marines or Spartan IVs and getting them killed
I see
Wish the game play was a bit better than always spamming the light rifle on harder difficulties.
Wish the game play was a bit better than always spamming the light rifle on harder difficulties.
yeah, the gameplay is not the best, probably the worst out of all of them
You're right, but only compared to Halo 5's campaign.
Don't attack me but in my opinion halo 4 has one of the best stories in all of halo i think reach was the only one that did it better, just an opinion might not be yours
You're right, but only compared to Halo 5's campaign.
fair enough
Don't attack me but in my opinion halo 4 has one of the best stories in all of halo i think reach was the only one that did it better, just an opinion might not be yours
that's fine
And scattershot
Banshee controls..
Grunts synchronised running before mission infinity broke the 4th wall for me as did the over indulgent emotional exchanges between Chief and Cortona,
And another thing, take down the two relays and we'll be able to communicate, then your suits comlink is too weak, the story to me seems lacking in clarity and plugged up in bits, characters diverging from original characters and behaviours, predictable exchanges from Cortona, at some points not talking would of been better than stating the obvious
My two cents so far, replaying currently on mcc
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6