I've been playing halo for about two years and played and finish halo ce campaign three times and foe some reason i can think of the faces, armor, arms and legs of the elites
but I can't do it in ce as well is I can with 2 3 reach 4 and 5. so is it just me or is it normal
Halo CE probably has the least detain of any of the games by virtue of being the first one, so there's fewer details to remember about its Elites. You also never have any on your side, and many of them are invisible, or shooting you so consistently you can't get a good look at them until they're dead. These may be factors.
As said above, CE was constrained by the technology of the time. The Elites just weren't as detailed as they were in the later games. That goes for all the enemy units in fact. I distinctly remember seeing a CE Wraith again after playing H3 and thinking, "wow that's just a lump of purple".

Not to mention, in H2 we got cut scenes that were centered around the Covenant, which served to provide us with better details and just straight up more exposure to the Elites and their appearance. H3 continued this trend as well with the Elites being allies with humanity. H4 then had far better graphics, and thus could show us more detail. H5 has the same graphical benefits but also features Elites heavily in cut scenes. So really, just the exposure to Elite designs in cut scenes probably contributes to your better recollection of their designs. When watching a cut scene, you aren't focused on your sights and trying not to die. You're just watching. So your eye wanders around the screen and notices more nuances in the designs of character models.
If you look closely though, the CE Elites look like low-poly versions of H2 Elites.
edey0208 wrote:
I've been playing halo for about two years and played and finish halo ce campaign three times and foe some reason i can think of the faces, armor, arms and legs of the elites
but I can't do it in ce as well is I can with 2 3 reach 4 and 5. so is it just me or is it normal
Im confused, are you drawing or just imaginining them in your head?

Lmao inside joke; i cant remember how the elites looked in ODST... *wink*
I think we can all agree on one thing; the Elites in the classic Halo games look far superior to the ones seen in Halo 4 and Halo 5.
I always loved the golden elite from the cutscene in “The Silent Cartographer”. That mission is hands down one of my favorites!!
The elites had different head armor sometimes along with their colored ranking system. Just like the grunts sometimes had curled backpacks. These subtle visual things had nothing to do with the enemy rank or weapons or anything. They were just visual flair to change things up a bit. I think Jackals had a variant or two of their face models too. These type of purely visual extras weren't really in later games as much I think. Although I remember a recent video showing that there were halo ce styled sentinels in halo 2 that were just visually slightly different from the other sentinels.