are we ever likely to see the original game given the bc treatment. I'm much rather play the game in it's original glory because what we're playing right now in MCC and anniversary is just the pc version. And that's fine but it has differences in visuals that are definitely not the same. Softer gun sound effects which for some aren't as ear pummelling and a much better altitude fogging for the canyon of Assault on the control room

I bought mine digitally and it would be great to play this again
are we ever likely to see the original game given the bc treatment. I'm much rather play the game in it's original glory because what we're playing right now in MCC and anniversary is just the pc version. And that's fine but it has differences in visuals that are definitely not the same. Softer gun sound effects which for some aren't as ear pummelling and a much better altitude fogging for the canyon of Assault on the control room

I can’t possibly foresee them enabling it on BC since it’s already on MCC and you can also BC Halo CE: Anniversary. If I was in charge of the group working games to be BC I would probably focus on other games even though Halo CE in MCC isn’t the original Xbox game.
If you want to relive the glory of the OG x-Box version, buy the PC version, download and install Custom Edition, and then download and install the Halo CE Refined Campaign and Refined Multiplayer for Custom Edition, along with a UI that allows for playing single-player content, like campaigns. You won't be disappointed... except that you won't have any controller vibration for whatever controller you hook up to the computer. Yes, Halo PC and Halo Custom Edition is controller friendly, although I'd advise to only use a controller for the campaign, as KB&M is much more fluid in multiplayer. You can even customize the layout of the controller, meaning you can use a PS4 controller or an X-Box One or X-Box 360 USB controller, although the 360 an XB1 controllers work the best.

You can find more information about the Refined Campaign on Reddit.

I can’t possibly foresee them enabling it on BC since it’s already on MCC and you can also BC Halo CE: Anniversary. If I was in charge of the group working games to be BC I would probably focus on other games even though Halo CE in MCC isn’t the original Xbox game.
yes I think that is the likelihood here but nice for those that want it if it did eventually emerge. Fingers crossed. Thanks for response

If you want to relive the glory of the OG x-Box version, buy the PC version, download and install Custom Edition, and then download and install the Halo CE Refined Campaign and Refined Multiplayer for Custom Edition, along with a UI that allows for playing single-player content, like campaigns. You won't be disappointed... except that you won't have any controller vibration for whatever controller you hook up to the computer. Yes, Halo PC and Halo Custom Edition is controller friendly, although I'd advise to only use a controller for the campaign, as KB&M is much more fluid in multiplayer. You can even customize the layout of the controller, meaning you can use a PS4 controller or an X-Box One or X-Box 360 USB controller, although the 360 an XB1 controllers work the best.

sounds good. I'll check this out when I'm better able to run it. Does it run well in windows 10?

cheers for response
I would want the original Halo CE to be BC as well, but I don't see it happening, as we have both MCC and Halo CEA BC on Xbox One as well.

sounds good. I'll check this out when I'm better able to run it. Does it run well in windows 10?

cheers for response
Yes, it runs well on Windows 10. I've played it myself. Jackal Shields have their proper colors, water has proper wave properties, the interior glass sections on AOTCR and TB have proper effects, and levels with fog have proper fog effects in them. 343 Guilty Spark now feels more eerie and creepy due to the fog effects being in place again and making it more difficult to see what's around you, adding to the unsettling atmosphere of the level.

It's well worth your time.
I would want the original Halo CE to be BC as well, but I don't see it happening, as we have both MCC and Halo CEA BC on Xbox One as well.
Exactly. The odds are slim to none but who knows? Crazier things have happened.

cheers for response
Yes, it runs well on Windows 10. I've played it myself. Jackal Shields have their proper colors, water has proper wave properties, the interior glass sections on AOTCR and TB have proper effects, and levels with fog have proper fog effects in them. 343 Guilty Spark now feels more eerie and creepy due to the fog effects being in place again and making it more difficult to see what's around you, adding to the unsettling atmosphere of the level.

It's well worth your time.
hmm that does sound good. Definitely check it out