Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo CEA Two Betrayals Too Bright

OP CRAZY CHICKEN61

Is it just me, or is the Anniversary version just way too bright? If I didn't already know it was set at night, I wouldn't know unless I looked up at the sky. This is also a problem on 343 Guilty Spark, Truth and Reconciliation, and Keyes, but I find it is much more prominent here. Anyone else think it's bright, because I kinda feel like I'm just whining.
Nah, you're not alone in thinking the anniversary graphics don't really suit the mood a lot of times. I personally like them a lot and don't like to switch to classic graphics for certain levels like some players do. However, I totally get the sentiment. I think the only thing I didn't like about the new graphics were the greens used for grass and trees. Something about the colors used makes the foliage look unnatural.
Hmm I never had these problems, maybe turn down your brightness settings?
For me, I found that 343 Guilty Spark and The Silent Cartographer appear to be over saturated in the 'updated' graphics engine in Halo CEA/MCC. I'm sort of torn between it to be honest. On the one hand, playing with the updated graphics engine does make the game look much more modern (as far as 2010 era is concerned) but on the other hand, I feel the oversaturation breaks the immersion in the aforementioned levels and I've never had a problem replaying classics in old graphics so I opt for the classic mode a lot of the time.

To each their own, but as tuhin94 said, "the anniversary graphics don't really suit the mood a lot of the times" and I share this sentiment.
It is, but nothing compares to the immersion breaking brightness of 343 Guilty Spark anniversary.
It's not just the brightness, though, as I also feel like a lot of areas in CEA have too much detail that becomes a little overwhelming on the eyes at times. It completely detracts from the "less-is-more" beautiful simplicity approach of the Halo CE classic areas.
I don't think that's the problem. My brightness settings and everything are normal.
I don't think that's the problem. My brightness settings and everything are normal.
i notice the brightness on some H5 MP maps, feels like you need sunglasses,its awful
For me, the issue with CEA's TB is the snow particles. But yes, I remember it being brighter like it's day than the original, but it still got that dark atmosphere because you knew that the Flood was lose.
Yes, they are way too bright, if you don't need your flashlight in really dark levels then its too bright. I personally like playing on classic graphics, and I perfer the darker because it sets the mood.
I was going to say, try turning down your brightness settings. That should do the trick or at least help.
They certainly have a different mood than the original and are definitely more well lit, but I could always still tell they were at night, to be honest.
It's probably more of a difference in the time. Modern games really don't rely on the flashlight very much, so modern gamers might be confused placing them in a pitch-black canyon. Halo came out in a time when the ability to even have a flashlight was fairly new, so it was a must-have for a next-gen game, so Bungie put some level sections in where they expected you to use it. Now, it seems like a relic of the past and one of the few aspects of Halo that does not age well.

Personally, I grew up with the flashlight and I'd rather just turn it on than switch graphics because there are several places in Halo CE where you need the flashlight.