Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo Combat Evolved - R rated

OP Kbone40

Just an idea...
Remake an R rated version of Halo CE for the new consoles.

Hyper realistic - make the aesthetic less cartoon-like, and more like a sci fi movie.

Life like environments. Life-like aliens. That will help bring a bit of much needed depth to the environments.

Weapons might flash, barrels heat up and smoke.
Blood spills, enemies drool and get torn in half from gun fire. Gunge and debris fill corridors and sprays on windows. Destructive environments from weapon spray.

The fight scenes with the flood would be absolutely terrifying if done right.

The point is, raise the bar a bit.
I know they did a remake of halo CE , but with the new consoles it could be reimagined on a whole nother level.
There is a difference between needing to be R-rated and needlessly being R-rated. Halo falls under the second category. We already have DOOM for an R-rated sci-fi shooter.
It would probably still be rated ‘M’ for mature. The ‘R’ rating is for usage of the F-word and other things...
Like the idea tho
It would probably still be rated ‘M’ for mature. The ‘R’ rating is for usage of the F-word and other things...
Like the idea tho
Omg that would be so funny, a remake like this but chief is screaming the f word each lvl 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Like the idea tho
Omg that would be so funny, a remake like this but chief is screaming the f word each lvl 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Eh, I think that would be more of a sgt. Johnson thing
Like the idea tho
Agree with you here.
Like the idea tho
I didn't think about it that way, but that makes more sense. Ok so we need a sgt Johnson, flood, horror game with graphic violence and colorful language lmfao I like this idea 😄😄 at least in theory :)
As much as I'd love to see a hyper realistic coat of paint for CE, a revised anniversary version if you will, it all means nothing if it plays like a joke compared to the original and won't be restored, which is it's current situation. Any downgrades compared to the classic should be priority beyond anything else.
Just why that seems so dum and without point.
sounds nice.