Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Halo: Reach “All Alone” achievement won’t unlock

OP Shadowrend

Halo: Reach has an achievement which isn’t unlocking for me. The requirements are as follows:

All Alone - Defiant: Be the last surviving uninflected player in a matchmade Infection game.

I’ve done this twice now and it’s just not working. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Shadowrend wrote:
Halo: Reach has an achievement which isn’t unlocking for me. The requirements are as follows:

All Alone - Defiant: Be the last surviving uninflected player in a matchmade Infection game.I’ve done this twice now and it’s just not working. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Are you trying to earn this achievement specifically on Highlands or Condemned during an Infection matchmaking game? These are the only two maps in Infection matchmaking where 'All Alone' can be unlocked. This achievement cannot be earned in matchmaking on any other map.

Also, if (And I am not saying you are doing this) you're trying the trick to pull out the ethernet cord from the Xbox as a non-infected Spartan on Condemned or Highlands to trick the Xbox into popping the achievement, Bungie caught onto this exploit years ago and patched the achievement so people couldn't cheat it this way.
Shadowrend wrote:

All Alone - Defiant: Be the last surviving uninflected player in a matchmade Infection game.I’ve done this twice now and it’s just not working. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Are you trying to earn this achievement specifically on Highlands or Condemned during an Infection matchmaking game? These are the only two maps in Infection matchmaking where 'All Alone' can be unlocked. This achievement cannot be earned in matchmaking on any other map.

Also, if (And I am not saying you are doing this) you're trying the trick to pull out the ethernet cord from the Xbox as a non-infected Spartan on Condemned or Highlands to trick the Xbox into popping the achievement, Bungie caught onto this exploit years ago and patched the achievement so people couldn't cheat it this way.
Oh, well I wish it had been more clear than that. Halo 3 achievements specifically said “on a Mythic map...” I assumed the “Defiant,” but just meant the achievement was added with that DLC. Well shoot, is this achievement even possible now?
Shadowrend wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:

Oh, well I wish it had been more clear than that. Halo 3 achievements specifically said “on a Mythic map...” I assumed the “Defiant,” but just meant the achievement was added with that DLC. Well shoot, is this achievement even possible now?
Defiant and Anniversary Map Pack Achievements must unfortunately be done on their corrosponding DLC Maps in Matchmaking. When the Noble Map pack was released, it was initially possible to get those achievements in Custom Games, but Bungie changed that. At least with the Noble Map Pack Achievements, they are still possible on any matchmaking map with the proper gametype. I don't know why Defiant and Anniversary based achievements were chosen to be limited to their DLC maps? Potential profit for Bungie I suppose as an incentive for more people to buy them?

You would have to get a gamenight going with a large group of people for Matchmaking that have the Defiant Map Pack in order to have a chance at getting it.
Shadowrend wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:

You would have to get a gamenight going with a large group of people for Matchmaking that have the Defiant Map Pack in order to have a chance at getting it.
Incorrect. Due to the poor state of the servers nowadays simply keep searching the playlist and eventually you’ll be booted into your own lobby. When this happens all you have to do is make sure you select the appropriate map - that’s how I got the achievement a few years back.
Shadowrend wrote:

It's already been cleared up from other responses but to be clear, it does have to be on a map from the Defiant Map Pack. I hope you manage to earn the achievement soon! Best of luck!
Shadowrend wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:

Incorrect. Due to the poor state of the servers nowadays simply keep searching the playlist and eventually you’ll be booted into your own lobby. When this happens all you have to do is make sure you select the appropriate map - that’s how I got the achievement a few years back.
I do not see how my statement was incorrect. It is a legitimate method of obtaining the achievement, however it is debatable if it is the most effective. Note how I am suggesting a gamenight with people who have the map pack and not a Boosting Party. Recommending a Boosting Party would be incorrect as that goes against LIVE Code of Conduct and the rules here on Waypoint due to 343i's stance on Boosting. Yours is also much so correct if you can get that to work, something I was unaware of. A gamenight would simply maximize the odds, though utilizing the servers in such a way can work. it is good to have verification for additional legitimate ways of getting an achievement, so thank you for the feedback on that.
Shadowrend wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:

I do not see how my statement was incorrect. It is a legitimate method of obtaining the achievement, however it is debatable if it is the most effective. Note how I am suggesting a gamenight with people who have the map pack and not a Boosting Party. Recommending a Boosting Party would be incorrect as that goes against LIVE Code of Conduct and the rules here on Waypoint due to 343i's stance on Boosting. Yours is also much so correct if you can get that to work, something I was unaware of. A gamenight would simply maximize the odds, though utilizing the servers in such a way can work. it is good to have verification for additional legitimate ways of getting an achievement, so thank you for the feedback on that.
All I meant was it was incorrect due to the way you phrased your response, making it seem like it was impossible to obtain outside of getting together 11 other players with the DLC and searching. If you’ve been playing the game the last 8 months or so you’ve probably had what I’m referring to happen to you once in a while. I personally abhor trying to get together large groups of players to play games like this, I prefer to search alone or with teams of three for multi team or occasionally 4 or 5 for slayer and obj back when that was populated. If the OP is anything like me he may prefer the method I recommended even though it could take a while.
Shadowrend wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:

-snip-
All I meant was it was incorrect due to the way you phrased your response, making it seem like it was impossible to obtain outside of getting together 11 other players with the DLC and searching. If you’ve been playing the game the last 8 months or so you’ve probably had what I’m referring to happen to you once in a while. I personally abhor trying to get together large groups of players to play games like this, I prefer to search alone or with teams of three for multi team or occasionally 4 or 5 for slayer and obj back when that was populated. If the OP is anything like me he may prefer the method I recommended even though it could take a while.
Oh, alright, I just want to make sure that I wasn't being told my statement was incorrect due to recommending a Boosting Party, which is not the case. I honestly didn't know of your method until you mentioned it in your last reply, which is why I appreciate the information you provided. The more legitimate ways, the better. I'm going to tag Community Engineer (Edit: Welp, looks like he isn't a C E anymore) Cizlin in this, just incase he wants to help out the OP, as Cizlin is an awesome host for gamenights. He is what I would infer to as a 'Host with the Most'.
Shadowrend wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:

-snip-
Oh, alright, I just want to make sure that I wasn't being told my statement was incorrect due to recommending a Boosting Party, which is not the case. I honestly didn't know of your method until you mentioned it in your last reply, which is why I appreciate the information you provided. The more legitimate ways, the better. I'm going to tag Community Engineer (Edit: Welp, looks like he isn't a C E anymore) Cizlin in this, just incase he wants to help out the OP, as Cizlin is an awesome host for gamenights. He is what I would infer to as a 'Host with the Most'.
Oh no, I would never recommend such a thing as a boosting party either, nor any other illicit methods to obtain achievements, stats, commendations, or anything else similar. I can’t stand cheaters of any kind - modders in particular.

Gathering a full party is certainly a viable option, one which I personally would avoid if possible. In fact, other than the achievements that necessitated parties of 4, I’ve obtained all of them that I can think of on my own.

I don’t know who Cizlin is but I know he was active in the community for a long period of time based on your posts over the years. Does he still play?
Shadowrend wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:

-snip-
-snip-
Oh no, I would never recommend such a thing as a boosting party either, nor any other illicit methods to obtain achievements, stats, commendations, or anything else similar. I can’t stand cheaters of any kind - modders in particular.

Gathering a full party is certainly a viable option, one which I personally would avoid if possible. In fact, other than the achievements that necessitated parties of 4, I’ve obtained all of them that I can think of on my own.

I don’t know who Cizlin is but I know he was active in the community for a long period of time based on your posts over the years. Does he still play?
Cizlin is on Halo 5: Guardians on almost a nightly basis from what I see on Xbox.com when I don't join his LIVE Party. I've been playing Minecraft Bedrock Edition alot more as of late, as I have applied to become a Minecraft Marketplace Content Creator and am waiting on my application to be reviewed by Microsoft. I also know he plays Halo 3 from time to time as he is trying to get a 50 Rank in one of the playlists there. He has had many gamenights in the past where people have from time to time though playing legitimately earned achievements in them as I was in a few of those myself(If anything, I would end up breaking the maps or glitching something out once we would go into custom games with whoever was left, as I disliked the Frogger variant gametypes, here's one instance as well as another and another and another XD) .

Getting a party though can be difficult for an older game to just play a specific gametype or DLC specific list, which is why a full blown gamenight usually has more of an incentive as such, as the DLC specific list can be fit in, fun custom games thereafter, and then if four people remain after that, a Campaign mission or two for fun. But I never really knew of the method you spoke of until the last several days so a new way that is legitimate is good, so thank you.