Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo reach- file share not uploading

OP SpicyChicken737

I’m trying to upload a forge map that I made into my file share, but it doesn’t let me. Can someone help?
I think filehsare for reach doesn't work anymore, you can still download maps and view clips/screenshots but you can't upload anything you've created. It really sucks, and I don't know why this became a problem but 343i will probably not fix this.
Evidently, if you are using Reach through an Xbox 1, you have to use the Xbox's 'take screenshot' from the guide function, and then upload that to your file share, and then it should be accessible from the halo reach file browser in game or on a desktop.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/reach-screenshots/af12f534-3dc3-46de-9e19-10a8d4a0a099/posts for reference
Yes, I’m playing reach through my Xbox 1 with my old 360 disk, I just recently bought my Xbox one and I sold my 360 years ago, and last time i played reach with my 360 everything was working fine.... so naturally when I played reach on forge and try to uploaded a file, and kept getting error messages so thanks for the reply.
I’ll try it and hope it works
Yeah I’m getting the same problem my screenshots also don’t develop properly
Anyone have a solution for this issue in 2021? Recently going back and completing the Halo games 1 last time before the server shutdown. I am not able to upload anything to my file share.
Evidently, if you are using Reach through an Xbox 1, you have to use the Xbox's 'take screenshot' from the guide function, and then upload that to your file share, and then it should be accessible from the halo reach file browser in game or on a desktop.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/reach-screenshots/af12f534-3dc3-46de-9e19-10a8d4a0a099/posts for reference
Does that method of uploading work?
Xenu7 wrote:
Anyone have a solution for this issue in 2021? Recently going back and completing the Halo games 1 last time before the server shutdown. I am not able to upload anything to my file share.
If you're looking to transfer old maps to mcc I think you're out of luck, if I remember ‎correctly‎ the file share transfer from old titles to mcc was a one time deal.
Now I don't recalled if the method worked or for some odd reason one day it worked on it's own
Aalguien sabe porque en el forge no me deja crear mapas si alguien sabe cómo arreglarlo se los agradecería
Kaizer9662 wrote:
Aalguien sabe porque en el forge no me deja crear mapas si alguien sabe cómo arreglarlo se los agradecería
No te deja crear mapa? en el sentido que no te deja iniciar forge o en el que no te deja guardar tus cambios a la variante del mapa? y esto es en halo reach original o mcc?
No me deja guardar mapas de forge