1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
It would be awesome to know how humanity got Reach back in 2589 or something like that
Whats to know? Once the war was over and the planet was inhabitable again, they returned to recolonise it.
Now the gate has been unlatched, headstones pushed aside. Corpses shift and offer room, a fate you must abide.
There would be nothing to it. It would be a game of rebuilding things and planting flowers. Have fun with that game bro lol.
Halo Reach is my Number 1 favourite Halo game
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Even if you think that, a Halo Reach 2 would not come close to the first in any way. There's no story.
I'd love to see it but sadly I could not think of one way it could happen unless it was a prequel to Reach which is already a prequel of Halo CE. So we don't need them to put more complication in the Halo series with a prequel to the 1st Halo's prequel lol actually wouldn't that be Halo Wars?! Yeah then it won't happen for sure haha a prequel to a prequel which comes before or after a prequel to that prequel?!?! Noooo just no!!!
Halo Reach 2is imposible
Mr JVacha wrote:
There would be nothing to it. It would be a game of rebuilding things and planting flowers. Have fun with that game bro lol.
This ^^^^

Made my day with that comment.
Mr JVacha wrote:
judging on what your saying i believe you have been playing harvest moon right?
You could make a decent Farmville clone about the rebuilding, but that‘s about it. Not like there is much else than ashes to fight down there.
I imagine the opening cut scene would begin with Jun returning to Reach and announcing over the radio, "Hey guys. I'm back from dropping off Dr. Halsey. How's it going with ... oh boy."
Well, Jun is confirmed to be the new recruiter for Spartan-IVs, so... :P

There's a topic over on the Halo 5 subforum about someone wanting Halo 5 to have RPG elements. I generally think it would be a bad idea for a conventional Halo game to have RPG elements, but if 343i were to make a sequel to Reach (so long as they went back to the gritty and 'realistic art design)...

Well, I could certainly see you playing as a Spartan (II or III) or a marine/trooper/ODST trapped on the planet AFTER the Covenant victory. A planet is a HUGE thing, Reach even more so because it is almost TWICE the size of Earth. A planet is simply too big to control fully, and there will always be some kind of holdouts and valuable salvage.

You play from the Covenant perspective, you've just been promoted to the Zealot team that we see at the start of Halo Reach, having taken the Sabre launch facility and forcing the UNSC to retreat from it after the events of Operation Uppercut. The main Covenant fleet appears over Reach and begins crushing the UNSC at almost every turn. Your unit is assigned by Thel'Vadam (the future Arbiter) to destroy the facility powering Reach's orbital defense grid. You show up, proceed to murder the UNSC garrisoned there, deactivate the generators and move on to a new offensive in the city of New Alexandria. You'd be part of the team that tracks Kat, Emile, Jun and Carter through the ground battle for the city, possibly even using a Scarab to attack a Scarab that Noble Team has hijacked on the way to the ONI tower. After that particular chaos your team loses track of Noble Team, and ends up pinning a squad of ODST down inside a tower while the UNSC is pulling out of the city. You get a glimpse of a Spartan-III in a Falcon that allows the ODSTs to escape and you track it back to the ONI tower and discover where Noble Team was holed up. You then mark it for glassing and quite possibly get to be the Elite that shoots Kat in the head and kill her.

After that, Thel Vadam orders you to assault the Pillar of Autumn, and you get to be flying or riding in one of the Bashees/Phantoms that Emile takes out at the start of the mission. You then spend most of the level racing towards the Pillar of Autumn, finding another Phantom and getting there right as Noble 6 delivers the Package to Keyes. You are either the fuel-rod cannon Zealot that tries to murder Noble Six as he makes his way to the Mass Driver after Emile is killed, or you get to be the Elite that kills Emile, you suffering near fatal wounds in the process and the last thing you see before you lose consciousness is Noble 6 taking down the cruiser with the Mass Driver.

When you wake up, Thel Vadam tells you that the humans have been utterly crushed, but the Pillar of Autumn got away. Having failed your mission, your squad dead, you're demoted to to Major and you're being assigned to janitor duty: told to go clear out human stragglers in other locations around Reach (all of which are blown to hell and back by the fighting).

Eventually you'd start following the trail of Jun and Halsey, possible uncovering more and more Forerunner things that help cleanse the shame from your name. After each mission you'd climb back up towards Zealot rank, and would be able to customize your armor and at least your ability load with active camo, jump-pack, etc.

Eventually you'd get back to back to Zealot and one of the really big missions of the game would be breaking into Menachite Mountain, chasing after RedTeam, Halsey and eventually leading a massive Covenant assault force against the humans in the Artifact Chamber that we read about in the First Strike novel, to keep the humans from stealing the Forerunner Artifact. I'd imagine that this mission would be highly focused on really showing off how absolutely deadly the Spartans-IIs are, and would probably be less massive battle and more of a hit and run engagement with you fighting each member or Red Team before you force them to retreat further back. This would continue until the Master Chief shows up and saves them all, leading to the final battle in Slipspace after the Ascendant-Justice/Gettysburg transitions to the weird Slipspace bubble created by the Forerunner Artifact that Red Team stole.

You'd get to kill several of the Spartan-IIs that die in the book before you're forced inside the A-J/Gettysburg as Cortana manages to fix the Slipspace problem. I would imagine that the final mission would take place either on the Unyielding Hierophant (the Covenant fleet station) and either fight the Spartan-II team that boards it, and after they escape, you lead the final charge to the now detached Ascendant Justice and get to be the Elite that stabs the UNSC admiral that had escaped Reach with the Spartans-IIs right before the A-J's reactors go critical and destroy the entire station and most of the Covenant fleet.

Then we could jump to the cutscene of the Prophet of Regret saying something along the lines of "Despite all of his failures, he has delivered to us a great gift..." And then you see Regret's fleet making the Slipspace jump to Earth, thus leading us into Halo 2.

And maybe, just maybe, in a post credits sequence, we see you floating a emergency lifeboat, a tiny, cramped thing, almost dead, when you get rescued by a Covenant ship.

Full of Brutes. All of which have orders to kill every Elite they find. You activate your plasma sword and the screen goes black.

The end.

Anyway, there is my idea on how to make a second Reach game. Build upon existing lore, give us another game playing as the Covenant, and help fill in how the Master chief got back to Earth after Halo 1 (though this is explained in First Strike, it is never fully explained in-game other than 'that's classified'. We get to see more of Reach (including the cut ground battle of New Alexandria) and we get some customization options. Possibly even some small scale squad commands (nothing too fancy) as you re-earned your Zealot rank. I think that, while however impossible and unlikely that this game would ever be made, it would really serve to tighten up not just the Expanded Universe stuff, but the actual Reach campaign itself.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.
A spin-off of the concept of the characters, atmosphere, and gameplay could be interesting, but they're right "Halo Reach 2" just wouldn't make any sense.
Mr JVacha wrote:
JUST LIKE HALO WARS YAAAY sorry I didn't mean to do all caps I just got so excited about clash of clans: halo edition... not
Reach 2 in the sense of continuing story after the end of Reach it wouldn't be anything special.
But they could make Reach 2 and have it follow the lives of other spartans on Reach. Or it could even follow the story in the books about reach. The only problem with doing that is the Books story and the Halo: Reach stories don't add up. Which is weird why would they make a game that is cannon, but dosn;t follow the already accepted cannon of the books?
... Didn't they glass Reach...?

I remember a writing in Halo 3: ODST, saying "Glass this!", also I heard from several areas that it did get glassed.
They could do a Reach 2 of sorts, that would take place between the Pillar of Autumn and Lone Wolf, in which you as noble 6 try to make your way to the mountains whilst causing as much damage to the covenant as possible. The game would eventually culminate in a remastered version of the Lone Wolf mission, with a slightly different cutscene angle, to finish the debate as to whether he/she survived or not. It could have RPG and survival elements, as you trek across the planet trying to avenge your team-mates, as a plus it could be used to buff Noble 6's character with flashback missions against insurrectionists, and later the covenant, even shortened versions of the missions in which Noble Team are killed off.

As a bonus all your armour from Halo Reach would carry over, but not your rank, and the art and in-game armours would be even more damaged.
Quote:
They could do a Reach 2 of sorts, that would take place between the Pillar of Autumn and Lone Wolf, in which you as noble 6 try to make your way to the mountains whilst causing as much damage to the covenant as possible. The game would eventually culminate in a remastered version of the Lone Wolf mission, with a slightly different cutscene angle, to finish the debate as to whether he/she survived or not. It could have RPG and survival elements, as you trek across the planet trying to avenge your team-mates, as a plus it could be used to buff Noble 6's character with flashback missions against insurrectionists, and later the covenant, even shortened versions of the missions in which Noble Team are killed off.
As a bonus all your armour from Halo Reach would carry over, but not your rank, and the art and in-game armours would be even more damaged.
Perhaps... Maybe 343 Industries will turn their heads towards Halo: Reach and remaster it, (update graphics with current DirectX and fix any visual errors that are now possible to fix when they were an issue in 2010). Maybe sell it as a standalone game, but this "anniversary" remastered game should come with a bonus mission that scopes in on Noble 6's journey to Lone Wolf. More like an "Escape Reach" leading to a desolate hell of Covenant and Brutes, attempting to fight his/her way out. The mission should possibly end with you arriving at Lone Wolf's setting as the last pelican leaves from that area to a frigate higher in the atmosphere.
Considering all things, I think it would be a terrible idea to try to make a sequel to Reach. It's a beautiful game and one of my favorites of all time, but it's just not meant for that.

Reach is a tonally different Halo game, and it's a one-off. I loved it, but it just wouldn't be the same if they made a sequel.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11