Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

HALO Reach XBOX ONE FPS

OP GT500 Mustangs

We need to talk about the HALO Reach port to XBOX ONE. It's unplayable! I'm getting 10-20 FPS whereas my 360 runs it at a smooth 25-30 FPS... This is unacceptable, I even set my XBOX ONE to run in 720p, but nothing changed! I have a suspicion that it was done like this Intentionally to keep us on HALO 5, which is totally not cool. Microsoft needs to fix their backwards compatibility frame rates! Anyone having the same issues?
Ive noticed it whenever I have more than myself playing, and it lags horribly and it has even froze. The sound during some of the gameplays are messed up and feels off. Other than that I enjoy it a lot. They will probably fix these issues in an update in the near future. I am just glad I have it now.
It's not a port OP, the 360 OS is being emulated on the X1, which in itself is quite an achievement. The issues stem from the emulation, it's definitely not a an intentional decision that was made. Updates will be coming to BC over the next few months so I imagine things will get better over time.
Definitely not intentional, just the nature of the beast that is emulation.
I don't care that it's still best Halo game.
I don't think this was intentional as it wouldn't be in the best interest of Microsoft to purposely release a bad product.
Ill still be playing it at least for the campaign installing it now i'm hyped
I don't care that it's still best Halo game.
ayy lmaooo
What the hell? UNPLAYABLE.

is this going to get fixed or what? Why advertise backward comparability of you can't even actually play the game?
Ditto. Unplayable. I have been constantly moving it between my external USB 3.1 SSD drive, and my internal HDD and determined that the SSD is ever so slightly better, at least in terms of pop-in textures which are only ever noticeable because of the horrible FPS. There is no pop-in on the 360 version and it's smoooooth. However, if you turn your Xbox One's display options to support 24hz, it "seems" slightly more tolerable, but I think it's possibly placebo. For me, the audio also has a crackle when it bogs down and gets laggy.
I am having the same issues with the game. Frame rate is way to slow. The graphics and textures are almost reminiscent of the original xbox the way it is showing on my screen. Audio is subpar with random distortions (static sound). I have the master chief collection (including odst) and halo 5 which all play perfectly in campaign. This is a serious step down and although I understand it is an emulation, it should at least run at least on level with xbox 360's performance. I hate to say it but for a flagship franchise like Halo, these issues should be first priority to test and fix before launch. The game is so slow it's almost unplayable.
stckrboy wrote:
It's not a port OP, the 360 OS is being emulated on the X1, which in itself is quite an achievement. The issues stem from the emulation, it's definitely not a an intentional decision that was made. Updates will be coming to BC over the next few months so I imagine things will get better over time.
An achievement? Nearly every BC game plays at a lower FPS and has other problems on X1. I'm not impressed one bit. Don't try and sell me BC when you playing a far more inferior version of the game. Did they even play this game on X1 before making it BC? Did not one person test it out and say this isn't acceptable to be released like this knowing how many people wanted to play this game? My God. Someone should of noticed that the game runs at 10 fps...
stckrboy wrote:
What stckrboy said.

Also, the less than average frame rates are normal for all backwards compatible titles. I played Fallout 3 and it has a slightly lower average frame rate (from what I notice).
Wow, a Halo game was released and it didn't run properly?!

I am stunned.
Wow, a Halo game was released and it didn't run properly?!

I am stunned.
Can't tell if sarcasm, or...

I hope it's not sarcasm.
Mine hasn't been too bad.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo reach is very slow on xbox one for me 2
such an amazing game come to an end to xbox one, what a shame. I used to play this loads but I got the xbox one for halo wars 2, now I have no choice but to go back on 360 because of how UNPLAYABLE this is!