Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo Reach Armory unlocked for new people

OP Christian476

Im asking to inlock the entire armory of halo reacg for new enter Spartan in the exploration of the beggining of halo,what are the opinion about this idea?
Im asking to inlock the entire armory of halo reacg for new enter Spartan in the exploration of the beggining of halo,what are the opinion about this idea?
Depends what you mean by armory unlocks. If you mean having all armor related items unlocked for new players;having the entire as it is in the current iteration of Halo: Reach Armory unlocked, then definately not. New players will have to play the game as the older players have to earn cR and ranks to earn their detailed Armor, Armor Effect, Firefight Voice, etc. Unlocking the entire armory would take away from the point of playing Halo: Reach and earning your armor and rank.

If you're inferring to the Eternal Armor Effect (Blue Flames), the Legendary Armor Effect (Red Flames), or the Bungie nameplate, then once again definately not. 343 Industries cannot give out the Eternal Armor Effect or the Bungie Nameplate it is linked to due to such capability not being carried over from Bungie, not to mention these two were parting gifts from Bungie from Bungie day 2012. If you didn't get them then, then there is no chance of getting them now. The Legendary Armor Effect came from the Legendary Edition of Halo: Reach. If 343 Industries gave everybody Red Flames, it would be a huge middle finger to the people who bought the Legendary Edition and it would take away from the value of the Legendary Armor Effect.

If you're inferring to the UA/Multithreat Chestpiece, or the Tier Three UA/HUL Recon Helmet, then once again defiantely not. These items were preorder bonuses for people who preordered the game in advance (The Multithreat Chestpiece being a specfic preorder from Gamestop). If 343 Industries gave everybody these two pieces, it would be a huge middle finger to the people who preordered the game and it would take away from the value of these items.

If you're inferring to the Military Police Helmet variants, the CQB Helmet Variants, and the Security[W] chestpiece, I can say in opinion, yes these should be released to all players old and new, as more and more players move over to the Xbox One. Combine this with the fact that the Halo Waypoint App is only accessible on the Xbox 360 and tends to break alot. Quite frankly, this should be changed so all players have them due to the given circumstances.

If you are inferring to the three chestpieces that were in the Halo: Reach Beta that never made it into the final game despite being in the files, then in opinion, I can say yes, it would be nice if 343 Industries would unlock these for everybody as it would add three new armor pieces back into the game that people apparently like and would drive some people to flock back to Reach.

If you are inferring to the teased GRD Helmet we never recieved , then in opinion, I can say yes, it would be nice if 343 Industries would (Add if not in the game files and) unlock this helmet for everybody to have. It was teased by Bungie but never released, and many people would flock to Reach if that was added into the game.
That's not going to happen OP, sorry
Don’t think you’re gonna find a whole lot of support for this. Play the game as it was intended and you’ll get what you want. There are still plenty of people that play Reach regularly.
tuhin94 wrote:
Don’t think you’re gonna find a whole lot of support for this. Play the game as it was intended and you’ll get what you want. There are still plenty of people that play Reach regularly.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
I'd support making a small selection of items available earlier to encourage new players, because they are what this game needs. Beyond that, armour is a sign of hours invested into the game and a degree of exclusivity for some items that people go long ways to earn should remain.
I for one understand your struggle OP, I too considered trying to find a work around but eventually realized the more I played, the more I enjoyed the unlocks. If you really buckles down and play firefight/ slayer etc. you'll very quickly get the armour pieces you want. Credits come in abundance so long as you do your challenges.
I for one understand your struggle OP, I too considered trying to find a work around but eventually realized the more I played, the more I enjoyed the unlocks. If you really buckles down and play firefight/ slayer etc. you'll very quickly get the armour pieces you want. Credits come in abundance so long as you do your challenges.
Exactly. Outside of the exclusive/pre-order stuff...all the armors can be obtained by working hard. It's just some people...and note I said "some" and not "all"....it's just some people don't want to work for stuff and just want it given to them with the defense of "The game is X years old." and "It's just cosmetics."