Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Halo Reach Community...why is it still up?

OP ODST D Hero

I play Halo: Reach all the time mainly because I have a 360 but I have still played Halo 5 before but, if I had a One I still would play Reach more. I want to get your personal opinion. Why do you think it is still up

mod edit: moved to Halo Reach
I play Halo: Reach all the time mainly because I have a 360 but I have still played Halo 5 before but, if I had a One I still would play Reach more. I want to get your personal opinion. Why do you think it is still up
Because it’s a good game brb is good , custom games , firefight, a really good campaign and more like a better customization system

People are still excited by all the butt shots in the campaign the developer in charge of cinematics (Lee Wilson I think) bragged about.
tuhin94 wrote:

People are still excited by all the butt shots in the campaign the developer in charge of cinematics (Lee Wilson I think) bragged about.
snickerdoodle, myself, and two others went through the campaign with a butt count tab.
reach in 2018? Count me in lol add me fellow Spartans - SPARTAN lls 220
Ka Five wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

snickerdoodle, myself, and two others went through the campaign with a butt count tab.
Lol. What was the final count?
I don't even remember so I guess that means it's time for another run
Ka Five wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

Butt count tab?
Started playing Reach again this week after a 1 year hiatus. Enjoy it a lot! And there seems to be enough people around, no problems finding games in SWAT, LIving Dead, etc. Amazing that this game does so good.
And on Discord there is a bunch of Halo Reach Discord Severs for UNSC and such so the Clan Community is still alive and kickin’ On Reach.
well its simply a really good game, it still has a community behind it so theres no reason to take it down.
Well, Reach is still a well-rounded game. The game plays smoothly at a pace that isn't too fast or too slow, there are many different gametypes to choose from, an iteration of forge with some limitations that force Forgers on Reach to get creative with the options they have. You are rewarded for the time you put into the game, the armor system is both rank and cR based, not either or, and does not rely on the RNG system.

The DLC is now free and the game was featured at one point for 'Games with Gold'. The playlists are populated, the campaign being darker in comparison to the other Halo campaigns while also being your own Spartan is awesome. The lighting and FX in the game are good and allow for some nice screenshots, the weapon variety is nice, the Elite Armor is simply awesome (Save the Elite Generals). There is even a wide variety of medals you can earn for doing good that actually mean something, like Hammer Spree, Hail to the King, and Hell's Janitor (Not like 'Generic Kill', Assist, and Distraction in the newer iterations), so the medal system is proper and doesn't feel like 'everybody get's a trophy'.

The physics system is nice and at times amusing as well when a Revenant or Wraith goes flying across the map at lightspeed XD. Also the excessively cursing Elites are hilarious. The Skirmishers are also the painfully lovable subrace of jackals exclusive to this game. Halo: Reach is like a grand Italian Sub, jam packed full of goodies and condiments without being soggy or falling apart.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Why does it still have a healthy population? In my opinion simple: No Halo before or after is as refined as Reach.

Is it perfect? No. But its as close as we have.
I think that Reach is the ultimate halo experience, the culmination of Halo titles since CE. The game is extremely well-balanced and has great variety. Armor abilities are generally balanced and cater to different play styles. There is also plenty to do--forge, custom games, loads of community maps and game types, firefight, theater. The game environment is really realistic and cool. Graphics are solid and run well at 30fps. Medals and voiceovers from the man Jeff Steitzer himself are also amazing. The ranking and customization system is long and rewarding as well. UI is the best of any Halo. Reach is the definitive Halo experience with something for everyone.