Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

Halo Reach Disc Unreadable issues

OP AusGreenLantern

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey guys this is my first post but I have some problems with Halo Reach and they are MASSIVE problems..

Ok I brought the game home and put it in my xbox right, and it loads up fine but when i start campaign it plays the opening cutscene and when the scene finishes it just loops straight back to the start and does so over and over again.
When I go to play any Multiplayer I can load all menu's and even search for games but then as soon as it goes to do any gameplay i get a black screen and then a message saying the disc is unreadable.

So I install the game to my hard drive thinking this might fix the problem, this is even worse. When the initial loading screen is finished, my whole screen turns bright green and then about 10 seconds later I get the disc unreadable message popping back up and returns me to the dashboard.

My console is a launch xbox that came with a 20 gig HDD but i've recently bought a 250 Gig HDD. It's been repaired twice for the RRoD and all my other games run flawlessly on it. This has been happening to people all over the world. Swapping the disc also does not fix this issue.
Microsoft and Bungie have not come out and issued a statement about this and what is to be done about it, and as a result i have had to send my xbox away for repairs. So now i have to go 2 weeks without an xbox that is not actually broken.

I felt that people need to be aware of this problem and I hope to see more people come forward who have been affected by this travesty...

AusGreenLantern
Come on.... 133 views and not 1 comment... so those 133 people have not been affected in any way?...
I suppose that those of us who have been affected are only a rather small number compared to the lucky mutha's who CAN play the game...
I have pretty much the same problem, ive only had the game for a few hours and it comes up with "Can not read disc" A quick google search shows this is not a small problem it seems fairly wide spread. I did manage to get up to the 3rd mission then I got a black screen and it put me right back at the start of the whole game....every other time it crashs while the opening screens come up. Hopefully a update comes out very soon.
For me the game would freeze and then give me a "the disc is unreadable" error after certain missions.
Heres hoping a patch is released pretty quick, otherwise its just a big waste of money for me at this point. :/
yeah i ended up sending my xbox in for repairs so hopefully when i get it back, it will work properly... otherwise they're up a body of excrement in a vessel without a manouvering apparatus... if you get my drift.

People are saying that the patch will be up within 24 to 48 hours but i don't know how concrete that is or if it will actually fix the problem but my console is actually at the being repaired stage now so it shouldn't be long before i get it back... however I hope they have kind of replaced the console since this is my 3rd repair.
Oddly enough I took the xbox and put it verticle then cleared a whole lot of space off the hard-drive, installed the game and now it appears to work fine *touch wood*. Hopefully if this patch does come out it dosnt make more problems for what so far does seem to be a good game.
Microsoft has confermed the problem exists and they said to call xbox customer support
Cant wait to see that patch soon.
i thought i was the only one this was happening too
i am having the same exact issue as well...makes me feel better knowing im not alone in this...i thought it was my box
i just got off the phone with microsoft...they told me to buy a bigger hdd to fix the problem. ive got the 20gb so i have no idea why it would need a bigger drive...but im gonna try
It started after i picked up the game at the midnight launch. "The disc is unreadable". I've gone back to call xbox support a few times with updates and there seems to be no solution. NOW the game freezes during the intro often, and if not that it "failed to load content" or tells me "One or more players do not have a hard drive...". I even got a new game disc, cleared the system cashe, swapped the hard drive and the problem presists. What the hell!!! The most frustrating thing is not being able to get an concrete answer about the issue. I wish i could e-mail bungie or something because xbox support tells me the same thing, their not tech people. I have never had this problem with other games and when playing them now they work fine. Most of the time i hear the audio mess up or cut out right before the "unreadable" message. And now im sitting hear on the dashboard because something happed again, and i do not no what to do...
I'm so pissed at Microsoft because it doesn't even seem like they are addressing this problem at all. When i start my single player game it loops on the same cut scene withe the helicopter. But I still have a bit more luck then some other people because i can do everything else. I can play multiplayer and forge and watch replays and such. The only thing i can't do is play single player or even co-op. I have the original white xbox and so do my friends. But they had to get theirs replaced becasue of the red ring when i never had to replace mine. So wtf i installed my game as well and still no luck. BUt i guess i can deal with the multiplayer until they do something, if they ever. Ugh.......
one of my friends had this problem after he installed the game to his HDD but after he removed it from the HDD it worked fine so yea maybe try that
Quote:
Hey guys this is my first post but I have some problems with Halo Reach and they are MASSIVE problems..

Ok I brought the game home and put it in my xbox right, and it loads up fine but when i start campaign it plays the opening cutscene and when the scene finishes it just loops straight back to the start and does so over and over again.
When I go to play any Multiplayer I can load all menu's and even search for games but then as soon as it goes to do any gameplay i get a black screen and then a message saying the disc is unreadable.

So I install the game to my hard drive thinking this might fix the problem, this is even worse. When the initial loading screen is finished, my whole screen turns bright green and then about 10 seconds later I get the disc unreadable message popping back up and returns me to the dashboard.

My console is a launch xbox that came with a 20 gig HDD but i've recently bought a 250 Gig HDD. It's been repaired twice for the RRoD and all my other games run flawlessly on it. This has been happening to people all over the world. Swapping the disc also does not fix this issue.
Microsoft and Bungie have not come out and issued a statement about this and what is to be done about it, and as a result i have had to send my xbox away for repairs. So now i have to go 2 weeks without an xbox that is not actually broken.

I felt that people need to be aware of this problem and I hope to see more people come forward who have been affected by this travesty...

AusGreenLantern
Yeah I have the same issue, after calling them they request a repair fee of $120. Where I will refuse to pay simply because it's only Halo Reach is suffering the issue of unreadable disc error. Therefore I am wonder has anyone found any other solution or possibly a no fee repair?
I have the same problem here! Launch Xbox 20 gb HDD... no other problems with whatsoever games...
But jeah, Microsoft and Bungie seem to make a big statement (around 15th of september) that they are aware of shizzle and that they'll fix it... And when? And where's the fix? Where's the info? DON'T SEND YOUR XBOX IN FOR REPAIR!!

It'll cost you a lot, and won't change anything... it still won't work...

Thank you Microsoft, for seemingly not caring
I just recommend swapping for a new disc. My Xbox is one of the original 20GBs, I got a new 250gb HDD recently, and Reach runs fine on it.
Same problem, tried both my 120 gb hard drive and 20 gb hard drive and no difference game still freezes.

Found some advice elsewhere that suggested taking the hard drive out and using a USB instead. That seemed to work but I have not run the game for any length of time so will see what happens.
I'm one of them i have problems playing halo reach wheni put the game on the disc rack the screen would turn black then there is gonna be a unrecognised disc message even if the game was like super clean and plus i'v been playing it for 3 wks it just happened yesterday around 27 of november 2010.My xbox is the normal white colour with no hard drive at all (arcade xbox 360)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2