Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Halo: Reach Documentary

OP JB Linken

Does anyone know where the Halo: Reach Documentary, or the videos that were released to Halo Waypoint on Xbox 360, can be viewed?

I am trying to avoid re-connecting my old 360 again to view these videos again and can't seem to find them on YouTube.

I think the last time I watched the Halo: Reach Documentary was back in 2010, so I have very little to no memory of it. There were also a number of ViDocs made prior to Halo: Reach's release, I just can't remember if this documentary was the same or different than these.

Are you talking about the developer commentary video by chance? I can link that to you if that’s the case.
I believe I found that but I would appreciate the link just in case. Thanks.

What I’m looking for is the bullet point “Halo: Reach Documentary, viewable on Halo Waypoint.”

I assumed it would be the equivalent of Halo 2 and 3’s behind the scenes DVDs, but at the time of Halo: Reach’s development Bungie was also working on Destiny and trying to finish their Halo contract with Microsoft, so they may not have been as open.

In fact in a few Reach videos I found from 2011 you can see Bungie staffers wearing Destiny clothes. Pretty interesting looking back.
I tried downloading one from the Xbox store to see if it would appear on my Xbox One, but so far no luck. Apparently it only works on the 360.
I tried downloading one from the Xbox store to see if it would appear on my Xbox One, but so far no luck. Apparently it only works on the 360.
I appreciate you testing that for me!

Something interesting to note, if you try to launch Halo Waypoint from Halo: Reach backwards compatible on Xbox One, it will launch the Halo Channel.
JB Linken wrote:
I appreciate you testing that for me!

Something interesting to note, if you try to launch Halo Waypoint from Halo: Reach backwards compatible on Xbox One, it will launch the Halo Channel.
Which begs the question: why aren't these Reach vidocs on the flippin' Halo Channel, of all places?!?!?!
JB Linken wrote:
I believe I found that but I would appreciate the link just in case. Thanks.

What I’m looking for is the bullet point “Halo: Reach Documentary, viewable on Halo Waypoint.”

I assumed it would be the equivalent of Halo 2 and 3’s behind the scenes DVDs, but at the time of Halo: Reach’s development Bungie was also working on Destiny and trying to finish their Halo contract with Microsoft, so they may not have been as open.

In fact in a few Reach videos I found from 2011 you can see Bungie staffers wearing Destiny clothes. Pretty interesting looking back.
Enjoy :-)
Bungies Vidocs were awesome ima look for that destiny logo you mentioned I never knew!