Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] Halo: Reach, firefight, looking for advices

OP Zubi Fett

Hello

A group of friends and I are trying to get the achievement that requires 200.000 points, but we want to do it in an "honorable" way, no super shield with infinitive rockets etc.

What would be the best way to do it, we would like to do it in 2-3 hours. What map, strategy and difficulty would you recommend? We been thinking to do it in Heroic, we just try it in normal, but after two hours we only had 90.000 points, playing on Overlook. On the end one of us lost connection to his internet so we had to quick.

Thank you very much for you time.

Best regards,

Zubi Fett
Corvette, Sniper, Legendary. This is what I did and I got it in a few hours.
Courtyard, Regular Fire Fight, Normal is another way to do it but that would maybe take a little longer than 2-3 hours.
go to game settings turn 4x overshield add invulnerability to you and teammates increase jump/movement add bottomless clip make all waves grunts and start with needlers go 200k in hour and a half
You could download an 'easy points' gametype if you like, that's what I used for my achievements.
Noob combo, Hologram, Needle Rifle. The only default and reliable methods in Reach afaik.

Otherwise, you'll want to nerf the AI awareness because they cheat for the sake of "map movement" which is virtually non-existent. Nerf their health and damage as well (unless you're playing on Normal).

As for maps, I only know about Installation 04. There's 1 sniping spot, 2 excellent areas where you can defend with an ODST (preferably wielding a needle rifle with firing rate set to 'Trigger Happy'), and 1 area where you can trick sword Elites into running off to their deaths. You can also setup hog blockades, though it is inconvenienced by deliberately placed small objects.
Quote:
Noob combo, Hologram, Needle Rifle. The only default and reliable methods in Reach afaik.

Otherwise, you'll want to nerf the AI awareness because they cheat for the sake of "map movement" which is virtually non-existent. Nerf their health and damage as well (unless you're playing on Normal).

As for maps, I only know about Installation 04. There's 1 sniping spot, 2 excellent areas where you can defend with an ODST (preferably wielding a needle rifle with firing rate set to 'Trigger Happy'), and 1 area where you can trick sword Elites into running off to their deaths. You can also setup hog blockades, though it is inconvenienced by deliberately placed small objects.
First, thanks every one for coming by and the suggestions, i will appreciate if you say add more than a map, saying what strategy to follow on it.

Unfortunately, two of them doesn't have the map packs, so it is not an option. I have instead give us 10% more of damage, 25% more of male damage and 50% more of resistance to damage, all of this to play on Legendary with the skulls activated.

What you say it worries me, one of the skulls that activated, the yellow one, will give them better hear and luck. When you say they "cheat" you mean they know where you are all the time?

Thank you very much.
Quote:
What you say it worries me, one of the skulls that activated, the yellow one, will give them better hear and luck. When you say they "cheat" you mean they know where you are all the time?

Thank you very much.
Either that or Reach camo just sucks.

Tbh, it's really a matter of positioning. You go to one area on the map, the AI will go there as well. But with nerfed hearing and sight, some will be further away and stay there doing nothing while others will come to you. So you might want not to nerf the hearing and sight if you want to be rushed.
I tend to take advantage of the AI’s abilities. If you try on Beach Head, DMR and Plasma Pistol, and Put a Ghost on the top stares. AI can’t get over it and only hunters or very occasional Elites will get past it. I like to do it on Heroic or Legendary. When on Legendary head shots are critical and Elites, Wrath’s, and Brute Chieftains are all best dealt with plasma. Also watch their attack patters. For Example you can probably find, on my Xbox one videos, that hunters in reach only swing down if you pass on their left, which allows you to be able to beat them in hand to ‘shield’ combat.

hope you see this and it helps. Good fighting.
If you wish to beat it by playing any of the default game types. Then, I would recommend to play a map Firefigt Classic in Easy due to no time and set limit.
Please don't revive old topics thanks