Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo: Reach Firefight

OP Yea Itz Ryan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What's you're least favourite halo: reach firefight map? I know mine and won't share it yet, I'll read the comments first. My least favourite map is Waterfront.
What's you're least favourite halo: reach firefight map? I know mine and won't share it yet, I'll read the comments first.
Corvette. Always end up with enemies spawning behind me even when it's the least convenient.
Waterfront, the open nature of the map is a problem even during 2X Score Attack, there is only one decent spot where it's impossible to be surrounded and it's away from the middle, under the scope of the randomly spawning Jackal sniper and 3 enemy spawns, the last bit is a good thing unless the spawnkilling is messed up.
Corvette. Always end up with enemies spawning behind me even when it's the least convenient.
That's when you rush at the other side, I saw many going rambo in Arcadefight, only a few never died, me standing back and watching the doors they couldn't cover may have helped, it's pure chaos if the game decie to spawn heretics.

Trying in FF Limited, no way.
My favorite map for FF is Beachhead
I also love to play Installation 04
I like the secret monitor Easter egg
EDIT: my least favorite map is probably Outpost or whatever the heck it’s called. The one with the smoking Tyrant AA guns.
Unearthed has to be my least favorite Firefight map on Halo Reach. Outside of the interior spawn room, there is literally no cover at all, making you have to be consistently on the move. Even with the Arcadefight Operator Loadout (Which you can fend for yourself rather well in the interior spawn room with that), if large groups of enemies rush the interior spawn room, even if you kill them and don't die (Due to using Armor Lock to protect yourself), other players tend to blame you for their deaths whenever a Plasma Grenade chain reaction goes off in the spawn interior room.

So with Unearthed, it's be shot at non-stop with no cover and not have much fun; or have cover and get blamed for your teammates' deaths by your teammates all the time.

Yeah, I'll pass with this map.
Installation 04 just feels awkward, no good sightlines, too many barriers for a fun warthog experience, a lot of the enemies are way too spread out. I like all the maps but this one is definitely the weakest by a long shot.
What's you're least favourite halo: reach firefight map? I know mine and won't share it yet, I'll read the comments first.
I think the map design is ok it gives easy spawn trap on covies but from my experience on OG Reach FF I'm on the front lines spawn trapping by myself, I hope Spartans on MCC know better since it's got more population. I have no problem with camping as long they're being effective for the team and getting kills.
Beachhead is a fun map one of my favourites if I play FF Limited there's only thing for me to do, hijack and steal the enemy wraith! Installation 04 I think is overall a good map, I like driving the warthog on this map but it takes practice being effective since the warthog will easily get blown up or knocked off the map by the covenant. There's another Easter egg on that map "GRD Doll" it's nothing big but just incase you didn't know since you like the map.
Yea Itz Ryan Please don't post multiple times in a row as it's considered spam. You can quote multiple people in one comment. Thanks!
Beachhead is a fun map one of my favourites if I play FF Limited there's only thing for me to do, hijack and steal the enemy wraith! Installation 04 I think is overall a good map, I like driving the warthog on this map but it takes practice being effective since the warthog will easily get blown up or knocked off the map by the covenant. There's another Easter egg on that map "GRD Doll" it's nothing big but just incase you didn't know since you like the map.
I knew about the GRD doll, thanks to RocketSloth lol
I love halo reach in a whole and play firefight a lot. So I have no problem with any of the maps. But Corvette is the worst and heroic, i will have a wraith drop in which is very annoying. Including the engineers. I play on a bit for a challenge. I like covenant ship architecture so no problem with the way it looks. It's just that wraith man!
I think the map design is ok it gives easy spawn trap on covies but from my experience on OG Reach FF I'm on the front lines spawn trapping by myself, I hope Spartans on MCC know better since it's got more population. I have no problem with camping as long they're being effective for the team and getting kills.
A coordinated matchmade firefight team is indeed a rare thing, especially when we're talking in terms of Limited.
Would definitely say Corvette... I've played reach firefight long enough to figure out spawn points and perfect spots to be. But Corvette, I just can't figure out, it's dark, never figured out where a good spot to be was... and I just didn't like the look of the level. Unearthed, on the other hand, between the rocket hog, the look of the level and everything else, is my absolute favorite, along with courtyard.
Installation 04 just feels awkward, no good sightlines, too many barriers for a fun warthog experience, a lot of the enemies are way too spread out. I like all the maps but this one is definitely the weakest by a long shot.
Same I love the looks of it but it doesn't play as well as others
Waterfront. It's nice for variety every 50 games or so, but usually everyone quits out at the start.
Probably because the spawns are harder to cover, and the sniper jackals that spawn up top are annoying.
No vehicles to use, it's dark, and no enemy vehicles to destroy to boost your commendations.
Still, it's nice for variety when you have a full team.
Just not too often.
Overlook would be runner up.
Waterfront. It's nice for variety every 50 games or so, but usually everyone quits out at the start.
Probably because the spawns are harder to cover, and the sniper jackals that spawn up top are annoying.
No vehicles to use, it's dark, and no enemy vehicles to destroy to boost your commendations.
Still, it's nice for variety when you have a full team.
Just not too often.
Overlook would be runner up.
I don't remember ever completing all waves before the in-game timer runs out with only two players it's too big and disappointing when there's 1 enemy left for reinforcements I gotta run across the map, it also has bad spots to camp and remain effective with quick kills... I can only enjoy this map with 4 players when there's less leg work! (Waterfront) Overlook is too another pile... likely after Waterfront :)
Waterfront. Too dark; hard to see.
Waterfront. Too dark; hard to see.
Remember to use Visor mode I use it on Corvette too, these are the only two maps I truly need visor on constantly. They're too dark even my Halo: Reach screen brightness setting are turned max!! ^ ^D
What's you're least favourite halo: reach firefight map? I know mine and won't share it yet, I'll read the comments first. My least favourite map is Waterfront.
I've not played Halo: Reach for years but if my memory isn't tricking me I think my favourite one was Beachhead. I also liked Overlook.
What is your least favorite map?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2