[Locked] Halo Reach Grifball Boosting

OP Erich Grulms

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Is anyone else starting to get annoyed by all the grifball boosters. Seriously every second game is just boosters. And I just end up getting killed by the other team or my own team all game. They just wanna sit there wait out the time to get lots of XP. But its no fun. We should all start reporting any of these grifball boosters to get them off halo reach.
Is anyone else starting to get annoyed by all the grifball boosters. Seriously every second game is just boosters. And I just end up getting killed by the other team or my own team all game. They just wanna sit there wait out the time to get lots of XP. But its no fun. We should all start reporting any of these grifball boosters to get them off halo reach.
you can try, but i don't think it will work, i just don't play in that play list anymore, my brother was playing it and died almost 200 times in one game.
Reporting them as you come across them in each game that they boost is fine. If you abuse the report feature though (for example by having multiple profiles report a booster where none of those profiles were not even in the game), then you risk being banned. So report as needed, but do so properly. The LIVE Enforcement Team will look into it once they recieved the report.
SEPT0N wrote:
you can try, but i don't think it will work, i just don't play in that play list anymore, my brother was playing it and died almost 200 times in one game.
But I love Grifball
Reporting them as you come across them in each game that they boost is fine. If you abuse the report feature though (for example by having multiple profiles report a booster where none of those profiles were not even in the game), then you risk being banned. So report as needed, but do so properly. The LIVE Enforcement Team will look into it once they recieved the report.
I did not mean everyone report gamertags that are boosting. I mean report any boosters that you play aggainst.
I got in a game one time like that, it was absolutely frustrating! That's why there is a quit option!
I got in a game one time like that, it was absolutely frustrating! That's why there is a quit option!
You cant quit every game of grifball you try to play. At least if you dont want to be banned.
There needs to be some kind of escalation of this problem. I personally dont care about my stats so I put up with the spawn camp killing and continually try to escape to score the bomb. This is not grifball but I refuse to let them coast through a game for credits while I played thousands of games to get my inheritor. The cheating does not stop and credit banning has little to no effect.
How about a ban from the playlist????

EDIT:
Today I played until i reached the credit cap. I didn't intend to do this but i was having so much fun reporting and filing complaints that it just happened. Out of 4-5 hours of reach grifball there was only a couple "games" where no one tried to "peace match". I reported everyone I felt was participating in those peace matches. If they were standing doing nothing they are as guilty as the players that were spawn camp killing. If you don't play to score the bomb then you are guilty of giving grief to other players and that is against the code of conduct. I have done my part over the last few months as far as reporting and filing complaints. I have received 2 messages from xbox live that some action was taken. Who knows what action. Did they ban one player from earning credits for a few days? This is no deterrent to this bad behavior. I have filed hundreds of complaints and xbox live did something twice?????
PLEASE.....BAN THESE PLAYERS FROM THE PLAYLIST!!!
Be careful or you're gonna get banned
just curious, be careful about what??? what am i doing that would deserve a ban?
Yeah i gave up on grifball aswell. Sad because I used to play it when people actually played properly, now everyone spawn kills if you move.
It’s 7 years out and people are still boosting!?
It has gotten progressively worse. Almost every game is a peace match. Apparently the game is only about getting cR now.
HC SOlO wrote:
It has gotten progressively worse. Almost every game is a peace match. Apparently the game is only about getting cR now.
man that sucks :\
HC SOlO wrote:
just curious, be careful about what??? what am i doing that would deserve a ban?
As far as I can tell, nothing. If people are consistently cheating, then you are entitled to your right to the LIVE Services you pay for to use the Report feature for each individual cheating in each individual instance. I believe that he might be thinking that you are just reporting for the sake of reporting (which is not the case), which in that would be abusing the Report feature, which is a bannable offense, but we know you are not doing that.

Now there is the other possibility that he is warning you in the regards that the cheaters will wrongfully report you and abuse the report feature, which in that case, you have nothing to worry about as the LIVE Enforcement Team is pretty good at what they do. Basically if the cheaters do that and the enforcement team checks your history, and you have no red flags in each instance, they will just be digging themselves a hole instead.
HC SOlO wrote:
As far as I can tell, nothing. If people are consistently cheating, then you are entitled to your right to the LIVE Services you pay for to use the Report feature for each individual cheating in each individual instance. I believe that he might be thinking that you are just reporting for the sake of reporting (which is not the case), which in that would be abusing the Report feature, which is a bannable offense, but we know you are not doing that.

Now there is the other possibility that he is warning you in the regards that the cheaters will wrongfully report you and abuse the report feature, which in that case, you have nothing to worry about as the LIVE Enforcement Team is pretty good at what they do. Basically if the cheaters do that and the enforcement team checks your history, and you have no red flags in each instance, they will just be digging themselves a hole instead.
Thanks lizking.
I fear that with the number of reports and complaints that I have legitimately filed will appear as though I am "crying wolf"....there just happens to be thousands of wolves
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
Thanks lizking.
I fear that with the number of reports and complaints that I have legitimately filed will appear as though I am "crying wolf"....there just happens to be thousands of wolves
Halo Reach game history doesn't lie, and when you honestly play and the others do not, the LIVE Enforcement Team can easily figure that one out.
The only thing I can think of is to stay away. Since I started to get killed non-senseless, I decided to stay away from it. And honestly, I feel good. I don't miss Grifball. I have successfully destroyed all my connections to it. Just have to hope to play it in Custom Games. I have 2-3 maps and the gamemode, so... just have to wait to host a game or the party leader puts it him/herself.
RIP Grifball
HC SOlO wrote:
Well it’s always been like. Reach was the reason I hate grifball now. That’s why I sick go slayer. I can’t think of a way to stop these boasters besides everyone quitting as soon as they see it but even then it could work for them
HC SOlO wrote:
Well it’s always been like. Reach was the reason I hate grifball now. That’s why I sick go slayer. I can’t think of a way to stop these boasters besides everyone quitting as soon as they see it but even then it could work for them
I understand your frustration but I don't hate grifball. I hate what the playlist has become.
I recently have decided to change my tactics. I am now only filing complaints against those that do not play the objective of the game. I was also reviewing these players in the hopes that I would not have to play against them. The problem with that was I was only sending in one complaint on an individual player. Now I hope to play the same cheaters and submit multiple complaints on them. Its an uphill battle but I am up for the challenge.
recently ive had a bigger problem with modders
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5