1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
recently ive had a bigger problem with modders
I played SWAT magnum's last night and shot people 5-10 times in head; couldn't kill anyone. I got shot the normal amount 1-2 times and died. :(

But for the Griftball boosting, it's fun the get the cr's, but I loved playing normally.
Here is an idea.....
Make the cRs tick down like a timer. The longer it takes to score the bomb the less cRs you get....AND only the winner gets the cRs
This would stop the current form of boosting cR in grifball.
I am sure all theses bks would find another way to boost but that would fix the current problem
HC SOlO wrote:
Here is an idea.....
Make the cRs tick down like a timer. The longer it takes to score the bomb the less cRs you get....AND only the winner gets the cRs
I am sure all theses bks would find another way to boost but that would fix the current problem
Simply removing the Performance Bonus would stop this. But you're idea could give a new degree of competitiveness.
HC SOlO wrote:
Here is an idea.....
Oh, you mean basically making boosters play the game as intended by the developer if they would want cR payout? Noice :D . I like this idea as this would dramatically reduce boosting, as it would make it tedious and almost impractical. Grifball would be fun again with this as the focus would be the objective, not the cR payout. This also would prevent spawncampkilling for cR. It would be like. Oh, you got 60+ kills from Spawncampkilling, but your team didn't win? Tough luck, 0 cR for you cheater :D . That is the award for cheating, 0, none, zilch, nada. And due to spending time on spawncampkilling instead of the objective, if you do win, your cR payout is drastically reduced. This is such a fantastic idea to be honest. Yes, tryhards would come out of the woodwork then, but at least the gametype would be played as it was intended to be played by the developer.

Submit this idea to GrimBrother One here via PM and on Twitter if you can as well as to Unyshek . This might be a full circle resolution to the boosting issue.
This just sparked an idea of my own to stop the cheating going on. What if cR payout in Grifball was made the following:

The winning team at the end of each round of Grifball is awarded cR in the following fashion:

-Goal Scorer: 400 cR
-Other Members: 60 cR

And at the end of the game, the winning team overall, each teammember gets an additional 500 cR. The Losing Team of each match would get 0 cR and losing team overall would get 0 additional cR at the end of the game.

Have it like this with no other way to earn cR in Grifball. This would essentially more or less force the game to be played as intended if you wanted cR. Re-Enable booting as well. This way, there are no 5 player parties with that one troll on your team who helps out the other team and teammembers would not fight over the Grifball without potential repercussion. Also, 0 cR would be awarded for any killing in Grifball, the Performance Bonus would be 0, and the only other way anybody could get cR from a Grifball game would be the Slot Machine at the end of a game.

With this setup, the cR payout would be too small to make boosting even practical and the focus would go back to the objective of the gametype.
I can’t even play Grifball anymore. It seems like everyone on my team throws the game on purpose.
HC SOlO wrote:
Submit this idea to GrimBrother One here via PM and on Twitter if you can as well as to Unyshek . This might be a full circle resolution to the boosting issue.
Done!

I would be happy with any solution that returns grifball to the fun game that it used to be!!!
I am wondering if there is such a thing as players that are called monitors....
The reason I say this is that i was matched against known boosters and they were saying in pregame lobby that myself and another player are "monitors"
So, i think they now consider players that do not participate in peace matches as monitors of the game that will report them.
Well, they are right. I have reported 100s of players over the last 9 months....maybe even more than 1000.
HC SOlO wrote:
The reason I say this is that i was matched against known boosters and they were saying in pregame lobby that myself and another player are "monitors"
So, i think they now consider players that do not participate in peace matches as monitors of the game that will report them.
Well, they are right. I have reported 100s of players over the last 9 months....maybe even more than 1000.
In Grifball Matchmaking where it is online, where it can affect people, and where there is a large cR payout , there is no room for such a thing, as being a 'monitor'/spectator in a Matchmaking game without the game itself giving you said option is essentially boosting (which is cheating as you would not be truely earning your cR ) and ruining the gameplay experience for others (The people on your team if you are the 'monitor'/spectator).

It's nothing more than another word, a petty excuse at that for others to try to justify violating the Code of Conduct they agreed to in order to boost. This title does not absolve any form of breaking Code of Conduct and being a 'Monitor' in Grifball matchmaking can lead to a ban.

Just report and avoid as needed.
HC SOlO wrote:
In Grifball Matchmaking where it is online, where it can affect people, and where there is a large cR payout , there is no room for such a thing, as being a 'monitor'/spectator in a Matchmaking game without the game itself giving you said option is essentially boosting (which is cheating as you would not be truely earning your cR ) and ruining the gameplay experience for others (The people on your team if you are the 'monitor'/spectator).

It's nothing more than another word, a petty excuse at that for others to try to justify violating the Code of Conduct they agreed to in order to boost. This title does not absolve any form of breaking Code of Conduct and being a 'Monitor' in Grifball matchmaking can lead to a ban.

Just report and avoid as needed.
Ya thays what I have been doing.
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
Done!

I would be happy with any solution that returns grifball to the fun game that it used to be!!!
Unforrunatle that might never be the case. To many boosters.
I can’t even play Grifball anymore. It seems like everyone on my team throws the game on purpose.
Yup. There just there for that sweet sweet xp.
This just sparked an idea of my own to stop the cheating going on. What if cR payout in Grifball was made the following:

The winning team at the end of each round of Grifball is awarded cR in the following fashion:

-Goal Scorer: 400 cR
-Other Members: 60 cR

And at the end of the game, the winning team overall, each teammember gets an additional 500 cR. The Losing Team of each match would get 0 cR and losing team overall would get 0 additional cR at the end of the game.

Have it like this with no other way to earn cR in Grifball. This would essentially more or less force the game to be played as intended if you wanted cR. Re-Enable booting as well. This way, there are no 5 player parties with that one troll on your team who helps out the other team and teammembers would not fight over the Grifball without potential repercussion. Also, 0 cR would be awarded for any killing in Grifball, the Performance Bonus would be 0, and the only other way anybody could get cR from a Grifball game would be the Slot Machine at the end of a game.

With this setup, the cR payout would be too small to make boosting even practical and the focus would go back to the objective of the gametype.
Problem with that would be people team killing to take bomb for most xp.
recently ive had a bigger problem with modders
Danm. Ya I have seen a couple here and there. Flying around the map. But not to many..... yet.
HC SOlO wrote:
It’s 7 years out and people are still boosting!?
It has gotten progressively worse. Almost every game is a peace match. Apparently the game is only about getting cR now.
Well it’s always been like. Reach was the reason I hate grifball now. That’s why I sick go slayer. I can’t think of a way to stop these boasters besides everyone quitting as soon as they see it but even then it could work for them
Swat is still fun to. Add me up and we can play.
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
It’s 7 years out and people are still boosting!?
It has gotten progressively worse. Almost every game is a peace match. Apparently the game is only about getting cR now.
Well it’s always been like. Reach was the reason I hate grifball now. That’s why I sick go slayer. I can’t think of a way to stop these boasters besides everyone quitting as soon as they see it but even then it could work for them
I understand your frustration but I don't hate grifball. I hate what the playlist has become.
I recently have decided to change my tactics. I am now only filing complaints against those that do not play the objective of the game. I was also reviewing these players in the hopes that I would not have to play against them. The problem with that was I was only sending in one complaint on an individual player. Now I hope to play the same cheaters and submit multiple complaints on them. Its an uphill battle but I am up for the challenge.
If enough of use stand up and report we will make a diffrence. Hopefully....
I got in a game one time like that, it was absolutely frustrating! That's why there is a quit option!
Problem with that is eventually you get banned from leaving. And every second match is filled with boosters.
Erich Grulms - Please don't post multiple times in a row, thanks. You can edit your last post to add more information
Might as well try your best to fight it out against the boosters nothing we can really do at least go with a team so you don't get overwhelmed by the other team
stckrboy wrote:
Erich Grulms - Please don't post multiple times in a row, thanks. You can edit your last post to add more information
Sorry I was just replying to a bunch of people. I havent been keeping up to date with the forums latetly. Ill make sure to keep up more daily so I dont reply so much in 1 day. Ill spread it out a little more.
Sorry.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5