OP Erich Grulms

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Sorry I was just replying to a bunch of people. I havent been keeping up to date with the forums latetly. Ill make sure to keep up more daily so I dont reply so much in 1 day. Ill spread it out a little more.
Sorry.
You can still quote and reply to multiple people, we just ask that you try and use a single post and format your quotes. If you hit the character limit and it spills out, that's generally ok :)
This just sparked an idea of my own to stop the cheating going on. What if cR payout in Grifball was made the following:

The winning team at the end of each round of Grifball is awarded cR in the following fashion:

-Goal Scorer: 400 cR
-Other Members: 60 cR

And at the end of the game, the winning team overall, each teammember gets an additional 500 cR. The Losing Team of each match would get 0 cR and losing team overall would get 0 additional cR at the end of the game.

Have it like this with no other way to earn cR in Grifball. This would essentially more or less force the game to be played as intended if you wanted cR. Re-Enable booting as well. This way, there are no 5 player parties with that one troll on your team who helps out the other team and teammembers would not fight over the Grifball without potential repercussion. Also, 0 cR would be awarded for any killing in Grifball, the Performance Bonus would be 0, and the only other way anybody could get cR from a Grifball game would be the Slot Machine at the end of a game.

With this setup, the cR payout would be too small to make boosting even practical and the focus would go back to the objective of the gametype.
Problem with that would be people team killing to take bomb for most xp.
I did state booting would be re-enabled with this idea ;) . People on the same team act out of line, they get booted. Simple as that.
This just sparked an idea of my own to stop the cheating going on. What if cR payout in Grifball was made the following:

The winning team at the end of each round of Grifball is awarded cR in the following fashion:

And at the end of the game, the winning team overall, each teammember gets an additional 500 cR. The Losing Team of each match would get 0 cR and losing team overall would get 0 additional cR at the end of the game.

Have it like this with no other way to earn cR in Grifball. This would essentially more or less force the game to be played as intended if you wanted cR. Re-Enable booting as well. This way, there are no 5 player parties with that one troll on your team who helps out the other team and teammembers would not fight over the Grifball without potential repercussion. Also, 0 cR would be awarded for any killing in Grifball, the Performance Bonus would be 0, and the only other way anybody could get cR from a Grifball game would be the Slot Machine at the end of a game.

With this setup, the cR payout would be too small to make boosting even practical and the focus would go back to the objective of the gametype.
I did state booting would be re-enabled with this idea ;) . People on the same team act out of line, they get booted. Simple as that.
Problem with re enable booting will bring out the trolls. So often will people purposly run infront of you to have you betray them so they can boot you from the match.

Problem with re enable booting will bring out the trolls. So often will people purposly run infront of you to have you betray them so they can boot you from the match.
Well two ways to help this would be reduce Grifball Parties to the size of 4 (So you don't get that fifth wheel that supports the other team through trolling), and set the betrayal limit to five. This way, it is blatently obvious when somebody does try to troll.
I'm not sure if people can succesfully exploit the booting system, I'm pretty sure it'll work.
halo7725 wrote:
I'm not sure if people can succesfully exploit the booting system, I'm pretty sure it'll work.
With respect to grifball boosting, people can successfully exploit the booting system by holding the bomb and not scoring. if there are 7 people willing to peace match and 1 who wishes to score the bomb, sometimes it is necessary to betray your "team mate" in order to get the bomb and score. Obviously the player who wishes to play grifball will have to betray multiple times in order to score 3 times and win the game.

I use the word "team mate" loosely because you are really playing 1 vs. 7 at that point

Other ideas mentioned early in the thread combined with betrayal booting may work. I am only referring to adding betrayal booting to the current set up.

I also realize that your "team mates" may betray you enough to get booted....
so it really does not work in my opinon

The solution needs to be something that gets people to play the game. Take away the cR for playing long games and there is no incentive to cR boost. There is still the problem of boosting medals though.
HC SOlO wrote:
halo7725 wrote:
With respect to grifball boosting, people can successfully exploit the booting system by holding the bomb and not scoring. if there are 7 people willing to peace match and 1 who wishes to score the bomb, sometimes it is necessary to betray your "team mate" in order to get the bomb and score. Obviously the player who wishes to play grifball will have to betray multiple times in order to score 3 times and win the game.

I use the word "team mate" loosely because you are really playing 1 vs. 7 at that point

Other ideas mentioned early in the thread combined with betrayal booting may work. I am only referring to adding betrayal booting to the current set up.

The solution needs to be something that gets people to play the game. Take away the cR for playing long games and there is no incentive to cR boost. There is still the problem of boosting medals though.
or just remove the ability to earn credits from Grifball in general. It can be solved that easily.
Doncut97 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
halo7725 wrote:

or just remove the ability to earn credits from Grifball in general. It can be solved that easily.
HC SOlO wrote:
halo7725 wrote:

Yes. Take away the performence bonus. Unfortuantly the game is soo old it might not get updated. But 343 have made the new Legacy Team to focus on MCC update and the older Halo's so maybe, just maybe they update it.
I thought 343 just forgot about the older Halo games, perhaps dusting off their servers once in awhile.
halo7725 wrote:
I thought 343 just forgot about the older Halo games, perhaps dusting off their servers once in awhile.
Dont know if you saw the post right above. But 343 has a lagacy Team now working on past Halo titles. As of now there doing the new MCC update that patches some bugs that are still present and giving the game 4k but after that who knows. Maybe some reach stuff.
Man I hope they're getting Reach back to the level it had when Bungie still took care of Halo. Such as file shares, nameplates, and hopefully a few new MOTD's(message of the day). Is there a topic about this? Since I don't want to go off topic too much.
halo7725 wrote:
Man I hope they're getting Reach back to the level it had when Bungie still took care of Halo. Such as file shares, nameplates, and hopefully a few new MOTD's(message of the day). Is there a topic about this? Since I don't want to go off topic too much.
It depends on the community. Not the company.
halo7725 wrote:
If your referencing the New Legacy Team to work on oast Halos and uodate them. It was the most recent weekly update. Or maybe the one before.
Yo you guys are all Inheritors and multiple of you have Grifball boosted according to your Halo Reach service records. From my perspective this post has attracted those who Grifball boosted and are now wanting the method the be patched since they've already reached max rank and just want to feel important because "muh Inheritor".

I've played against Inheritors and most of you guys are decent at best while others are very challenging and you have to adapt accordingly to defeat them. It's like beating a Dark Souls boss beating a very skilled Inheritor after getting rekt early on in the match and pulling back and winning. But there's been Inheritors I've outright humiliated in matchmaking and I'm pretty new (Warrent Officer Grade 3 owned the game for like a week).

I've played two or three games of Grifball and have seen attempts at peace matches but usually someone just scores. If someone has the patience to withstand hours of running around an empty box or getting spawn killed I say they deserve those credits for their legendary levels of patience. That grind looks boring as heck.
I don't mess up peoples games as it will only make them play more matches to compensate for lost credits. Plus if they want that rank so bad to wait around for HOURS then making it worse for them is kinda trollish and pointless. If you want to play the game as intended just score once and that seems to rile everyone up to fight for their reduced credits. I don't fully understand how the whole thing works credit-wise and I can't be bothered to care. Rank means nothing unless you just want to brag about how good you supposedly are, grinding only means you can brag but not have the skills to back it. If someone wants to grind Grifball more power to them let them do what they want. If you got to Inheritor just but the puny amount of credits from other game modes, great!
But why be a downer on everyone else parade when you just want to feel special over a video game?
Yo you guys are all Inheritors and multiple of you have Grifball boosted according to your Halo Reach service records. From my perspective this post has attracted those who Grifball boosted and are now wanting the method the be patched since they've already reached max rank and just want to feel important because "muh Inheritor".

I've played against Inheritors and most of you guys are decent at best while others are very challenging and you have to adapt accordingly to defeat them. It's like beating a Dark Souls boss beating a very skilled Inheritor after getting rekt early on in the match and pulling back and winning. But there's been Inheritors I've outright humiliated in matchmaking and I'm pretty new (Warrent Officer Grade 3 owned the game for like a week).

I've played two or three games of Grifball and have seen attempts at peace matches but usually someone just scores. If someone has the patience to withstand hours of running around an empty box or getting spawn killed I say they deserve those credits for their legendary levels of patience. That grind looks boring as heck.
I don't mess up peoples games as it will only make them play more matches to compensate for lost credits. Plus if they want that rank so bad to wait around for HOURS then making it worse for them is kinda trollish and pointless. If you want to play the game as intended just score once and that seems to rile everyone up to fight for their reduced credits. I don't fully understand how the whole thing works credit-wise and I can't be bothered to care. Rank means nothing unless you just want to brag about how good you supposedly are, grinding only means you can brag but not have the skills to back it. If someone wants to grind Grifball more power to them let them do what they want. If you got to Inheritor just but the puny amount of credits from other game modes, great!
But why be a downer on everyone else parade when you just want to feel special over a video game?
Im made the post. Im only General. And for the part of us boosting grifball when I get into a game with boosters which is 1 in every 2 games. I just go afk on my phone now a days. Its not even fun to try. Because if you do everyone in the game turns on you and you get spawn betrayed. And it -Yoinks!- your KD and WL. So i just go afk in corner to not make anyone mad.

Im made the post. Im only General. And for the part of us boosting grifball when I get into a game with boosters which is 1 in every 2 games. I just go afk on my phone now a days. Its not even fun to try. Because if you do everyone in the game turns on you and you get spawn betrayed. And it -Yoinks!- your KD and WL. So i just go afk in corner to not make anyone mad.
I did see you were a General but most of the other posters are Inheritors some of which still have Grifball boosted matches in their match history. (I should've clarified)
To be fair I have only played two or three games of Grifball so you guys definitely know more than me about everything going on in there but I've yet see a 1v7 sceneario or anything close to that. I've seen videos of spawn killing labelled as "trolling". I just avoid the mode a together after that. I have been betrayed a few times for no reason, the mode seems to bait trolls because the moderate cR farmer presence. When I see people trying to get a "peace match" going I just try to get out of the map till someone inevitably scores and everyone goes ape fighting over the bomb after that and we return to normal gameplay. I'm not a huge fan of the mode anyway as the hammers reach isn't as "defined" as the ones in H5.

Just to be clear I don't see anything wrong with Grifball farming whatsoever, more power to you man. I don't know how you guys farm that so hard I'd get bored super quick lol.
My rank is Hero actually.

Also, there is no justification of violation of Code of Conduct and Terms of Use if the developer did not intend to have this objective based gametype used as such, keeping in mind the developer's intention is at the end of the day to score the objective, which is to attempt to score the goal. So as stated before, if you can score the objective in the objective based gametype, the clear intention of the objective based gametype, then why wouldn't you?

People are utilizing grifball to boost cR, commedations, and statpad (Boost K/D ratio). Boosting this way is cheating and hence violates Code of Conduct. Also people who want to play the objective based gametype as intended in matchmaking, which is their right as they pay for the services provided via Xbox LIVE Gold, and those services, which are bound by Code of Conduct cannot as people have to exploit to boost in this fashion and when they cannot properly utilize the services they pay for due to others degrading the quality of service of LIVE and gameplay experience through boosting and griefing, that violates LIVE Code of Conduct as well from the booster and griefers end.

This is the principal of the point. People want to utilize the LIVE services they pay for on Halo: Reach to play Grifball with other people who play Grifball, to have fun games trying to outwit one another to score the goal, the objective of the objective based gametype, not sit in a corner for 13+ minutes to boost cR, or fall victim to spawncampkilling, neither of which are the objective of the objective based gametype set up by the developer. Not everybody can grab seven friends in one getgo consistently to take them into Custom Games to play Grifball, which is why they wish to use the matchmaking service to find others who want to play. Honestly, people shouldn't have to be pushed into custom Grifball games due to griefing boosters in matchmaking who are violating the binding agreements they agreed to when they created their Xbox LIVE account. Code of Conduct is a binding agreement, not a suggestion.

It has nothing to do with rank to be honest, at the end of the day, people want to be able to utilize the services they are paying for that are being ruined more and more consistently by cheaters who have no regard for others and/or contracts/binding agreements. So, no, we will not allow people to continue to violate Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and abuse the matchmaking Grifball gametype as an exploit to boost and grief.

I did see you were a General but most of the other posters are Inheritors some of which still have Grifball boosted matches in their match history. (I should've clarified)
To be fair I have only played two or three games of Grifball so you guys definitely know more than me about everything going on in there but I've yet see a 1v7 sceneario or anything close to that. I've seen videos of spawn killing labelled as "trolling". I just avoid the mode a together after that. I have been betrayed a few times for no reason, the mode seems to bait trolls because the moderate cR farmer presence. When I see people trying to get a "peace match" going I just try to get out of the map till someone inevitably scores and everyone goes ape fighting over the bomb after that and we return to normal gameplay. I'm not a huge fan of the mode anyway as the hammers reach isn't as "defined" as the ones in H5.

Just to be clear I don't see anything wrong with Grifball farming whatsoever, more power to you man. I don't know how you guys farm that so hard I'd get bored super quick lol.
Sorry by 1v7 i mean. Usually when Im in a game with boosters and i play legit. My teamates which are boosting start team killing cause im not playing friendly. At which point everyone is out to kill me. So I just go afk at that point. Why you may ask? Well cause at that point I have just giving up. Cause all im getting out of that game is frustration and a bad K/D.

Quote:
Yo you guys are all Inheritors and multiple of you have Grifball boosted according to your Halo Reach service records.
Excuse me, I don't play Grifball, much less, support the boosting. I'm AGAINST boosting in fact.
I'm still trying to reach Inheritor legitimately. No boosting at all. I'm currently at Hero and it feels good that I'm an excellent player, usually with the most kills in a game, that has played since 9/11/2013 (I don't support ISIS lol), working his damn -Yoink- off since Recruit to Hero.

Because everyone else is cheating....

I got my inheritor by playing over 11000 games of halo reach. I could care less about feeling special. I just want to play grifball and ensure other players do not abuse this game type to accelerate their progress towards inheritor. JUST PLAY THE GAME!!! I have never willingly participated in a peace match. I always try to score the bomb and stop other players from cR boosting.
According to halotracker I have played in 9097 games of grifball and have 7551 bomb plants and that ranks me #58 out of all players.
That is how you legitimately get to inheritor playing grifball.

I have dedicated a lot of time to reporting these players and will continue to do so. You will notice my poor k/d of 0.858. I do not claim to have ever had a "great" k/d but at one point it was over 1.0. I don't care about k/d so when the betraying and spawn camping begin I try to escape and score the bomb...that is the object of the game no matter what anyone else thinks. Having a "great" k/d means nothing to me.
Quote:
To be fair I have only played two or three games of Grifball so you guys definitely know more than me about everything going on in there but I've yet see a 1v7 sceneario or anything close to that. I've seen videos of spawn killing labelled as "trolling". I just avoid the mode a together after that. I have been betrayed a few times for no reason, the mode seems to bait trolls because the moderate cR farmer presence. When I see people trying to get a "peace match" going I just try to get out of the map till someone inevitably scores and everyone goes ape fighting over the bomb after that and we return to normal gameplay. I'm not a huge fan of the mode anyway as the hammers reach isn't as "defined" as the ones in H5.Just to be clear I don't see anything wrong with Grifball farming whatsoever, more power to you man. I don't know how you guys farm that so hard I'd get bored super quick lol.
Your attitude is part of the problem. Two or Three games????
Play a "few" more games and you will see 1v7 if you try to play.
Stepping aside and running to a corner of the arena while your "team mate" tries to play the game as intended makes you as guilty as the others who initiate a peace match. Not playing is also cheating. I play 1v7 grifball every day...there are that many players trying to peace match.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5