1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
HC SOlO wrote:
Yo you guys are all Inheritors and multiple of you have Grifball boosted according to your Halo Reach service records. From my perspective this post has attracted those who Grifball boosted and are now wanting the method the be patched since they've already reached max rank and just want to feel important because "muh Inheritor".

But why be a downer on everyone else parade when you just want to feel special over a video game?
Because everyone else is cheating....

I got my inheritor by playing over 11000 games of halo reach. I could care less about feeling special. I just want to play grifball and ensure other players do not abuse this game type to accelerate their progress towards inheritor. JUST PLAY THE GAME!!! I have never willingly participated in a peace match. I always try to score the bomb and stop other players from cR boosting.
According to halotracker I have played in 9097 games of grifball and have 7551 bomb plants and that ranks me #58 out of all players.
That is how you legitimately get to inheritor playing grifball.

I have dedicated a lot of time to reporting these players and will continue to do so. You will notice my poor k/d of 0.858. I do not claim to have ever had a "great" k/d but at one point it was over 1.0. I don't care about k/d so when the betraying and spawn camping begin I try to escape and score the bomb...that is the object of the game no matter what anyone else thinks. Having a "great" k/d means nothing to me.
Quote:
To be fair I have only played two or three games of Grifball so you guys definitely know more than me about everything going on in there but I've yet see a 1v7 sceneario or anything close to that. I've seen videos of spawn killing labelled as "trolling". I just avoid the mode a together after that. I have been betrayed a few times for no reason, the mode seems to bait trolls because the moderate cR farmer presence. When I see people trying to get a "peace match" going I just try to get out of the map till someone inevitably scores and everyone goes ape fighting over the bomb after that and we return to normal gameplay. I'm not a huge fan of the mode anyway as the hammers reach isn't as "defined" as the ones in H5.Just to be clear I don't see anything wrong with Grifball farming whatsoever, more power to you man. I don't know how you guys farm that so hard I'd get bored super quick lol.
Your attitude is part of the problem. Two or Three games????
Play a "few" more games and you will see 1v7 if you try to play.
Stepping aside and running to a corner of the arena while your "team mate" tries to play the game as intended makes you as guilty as the others who initiate a peace match. Not playing is also cheating. I play 1v7 grifball every day...there are that many players trying to peace match.
Im sorry. Im not tying to start a war or anything im juat curious and wish to understand your side. You said sitting in the corner and not playing while your teamates try is part of the problem. I never said that I ever did that. I said at this point when Im put in the 1 v 7 lobbies I dont even try anymore. Why? Because I play games cause its fun. I dont want to feel frustrated or like its a chore. ( which is what it would feel like to boost). If I play and my teamates are actually trying then yes thats what I do. Cause thats the point of the game. But again when im put in a 1 v7 situation I dont even try cause it just -Yoinks!- me over. I end up going 5 kills 200 deaths because all the boosters betray me.
HC SOlO wrote:
Yo you guys are all Inheritors and multiple of you have Grifball boosted according to your Halo Reach service records. From my perspective this post has attracted those who Grifball boosted and are now wanting the method the be patched since they've already reached max rank and just want to feel important because "muh Inheritor".

But why be a downer on everyone else parade when you just want to feel special over a video game?
Because everyone else is cheating....

I got my inheritor by playing over 11000 games of halo reach. I could care less about feeling special. I just want to play grifball and ensure other players do not abuse this game type to accelerate their progress towards inheritor. JUST PLAY THE GAME!!! I have never willingly participated in a peace match. I always try to score the bomb and stop other players from cR boosting.
According to halotracker I have played in 9097 games of grifball and have 7551 bomb plants and that ranks me #58 out of all players.
That is how you legitimately get to inheritor playing grifball.

I have dedicated a lot of time to reporting these players and will continue to do so. You will notice my poor k/d of 0.858. I do not claim to have ever had a "great" k/d but at one point it was over 1.0. I don't care about k/d so when the betraying and spawn camping begin I try to escape and score the bomb...that is the object of the game no matter what anyone else thinks. Having a "great" k/d means nothing to me.
Quote:
To be fair I have only played two or three games of Grifball so you guys definitely know more than me about everything going on in there but I've yet see a 1v7 sceneario or anything close to that. I've seen videos of spawn killing labelled as "trolling". I just avoid the mode a together after that. I have been betrayed a few times for no reason, the mode seems to bait trolls because the moderate cR farmer presence. When I see people trying to get a "peace match" going I just try to get out of the map till someone inevitably scores and everyone goes ape fighting over the bomb after that and we return to normal gameplay. I'm not a huge fan of the mode anyway as the hammers reach isn't as "defined" as the ones in H5.Just to be clear I don't see anything wrong with Grifball farming whatsoever, more power to you man. I don't know how you guys farm that so hard I'd get bored super quick lol.
Your attitude is part of the problem. Two or Three games????
Play a "few" more games and you will see 1v7 if you try to play.
Stepping aside and running to a corner of the arena while your "team mate" tries to play the game as intended makes you as guilty as the others who initiate a peace match. Not playing is also cheating. I play 1v7 grifball every day...there are that many players trying to peace match.
Im sorry. Im not tying to start a war or anything im juat curious and wish to understand your side. You said sitting in the corner and not playing while your teamates try is part of the problem. I never said that I ever did that. I said at this point when Im put in the 1 v 7 lobbies I dont even try anymore. Why? Because I play games cause its fun. I dont want to feel frustrated or like its a chore. ( which is what it would feel like to boost). If I play and my teamates are actually trying then yes thats what I do. Cause thats the point of the game. But again when im put in a 1 v7 situation I dont even try cause it just -Yoinks!- me over. I end up going 5 kills 200 deaths because all the boosters betray me.
If one person is trying to score the bomb then you should help.
If you are in a peace match and you do not wish to fight 1v7 then you should report the players participating in the peace match and leave the game or take your lumps.
I dont care how many times I die...I will continue to try to score the bomb.
You obviously need to play to have fun. I have fun trying to stop those who cR boost
I would have a lot more fun if everyone was trying to play grifball.

My post was replying to the player ikela de thayml. it was not directed at you but....if you find yourself running to the corner to avoid being killed, you are participating in a peace match by not trying to score the bomb.
@lizking
The mode is spectacularly flawed the spawns allowing for spawn killing, cR thing if that truly is a glitch and not a community myth. Community myths are common I can elaborate further if need be. If it's not made to the way the developer had intended that is not the players fault period. As for the playing Grifball properly just score it once and everyone goes ape fighting over the ball to save those precious credits. So if the enemy team is just standing around punish them for it! Score that ball lol it only hurts them for not being attentive. Code of Conduct? I don't remember accepting one to play Reach, I did accept one to play DS3 though. As for Xbox live code of conduct you will not be punished for playing a game the way you want to so long as your not altering the game through foreign means ie cheating programs/ devices. Even little Timmy Team Killer won't be punished, he'll just get low rep and maaaaybe a matchmaking ban for that game if he does it a LOT but even then it's VERY unlikely and dramatic. Getting banned from Xbox Live for "boosting" will not happen. An in-game ban could happen if you're farming a guest account or a friend I had a buddy who LOVED Black ops 2 and he boosted a lot and ate a rank reset and lost progress on commendations or something along those lines. What I'm trying to say is getting banned for waiting around doing NOTHING but walking in circles or what not is like me getting banned for killing little Timmy in multi that he gets so mad and files a complaint and I get banned.

The credit boosting aspect isn't cheating, there's a quote from Luke Smith going along the lines of "they encourage people to find these methods of getting credits and they won't be punished for it as the players are bound by the daily credit limit and that these methods only help reach that limit faster and if they want to be the first person in the world with a storm coming from them so be it". something ROUGHLY like that. However the exploit to rest the daily credit limit IS cheating and can be detected by the ban system.
The only punishments that will ever occur are going to be in-game. But if they deemed it cheating they'd have patched it long ago or at the very least setup the in-game ban system to detect and punish. I seriously doubt any bans will ever come from this as it's a pretty minor issue in the grand scheme of things. People make it to be worse than what it really is imo. Part of the issue is that the game awards credits VERY sparingly and that's part of the reason people are grinding it. Banning someone for it at this point is honestly ridiculous, plus the game is like seven years old a ban wave would be flat out mean, pointless, a waste of resources better spent on MCC or better yet Halo 6 *HYPE*.
I do respect your opinion but I just don't see it being acted upon in anyway it would be plain silly.

Had to wait to post this as there's apparently a five post limit per day! Why is this a thing!? Just use captchas guys this post limit is just primitive how are we supposed to effectively communicate 343?

@Erich
Makes sense, again I just don't antagonize them I don't see a reason to interfere. The spawn killing thing I've seen a video on and I just steer clear of Grifball, I want no part of that. But again usually scoring the ball once is enough to rile everyone up from the coupe games I've played in Grifball. As for preventing spawn killing that's a whole other issue, there's groups of Inheritors who go in specifically to spawn kill it's just a hot mess.

@MinecraftStar
I don't see it as cheating because how long it's been in the game with zero punishment or a fix from the devs at this point if it is a mess up it's squarely on them. As long as your having fun that's all that really matters in the end. I hope we get paired in in multi lol love playing against challenging opponents! I don't support ISIS either.

@HC S0l0
I don't plan on antagonizing people trying to have fun so I likely won't see a 1v7. I'm just giving my perspective rather than mimicking the echo chamber. I don't doubt there's lots of people doing it, there's always somebody who's trying to make peace and that guy that always scores. If you guys want the mode to return to it's "former glory" just let them do their thing so they hit the credit limit faster and play other play lists, or just get a free score and everyone fights for the ball afterward.
Grifballs player base seems to be the problem rather than the mode itself rampant spawn killers/ spawn killer squads, trolls, credit farmers, modders, cringe couples. Just look at how stingy the game is with awarding credits it's just fueling the fires. (Covered the other bits above)

If 343i was to do something a ban wave, rank resets, credit resets/ bans would just be brutal at this point it's just been too long without a proper fix if the credit thing is unintentional. The only positive thing 343i can do is get the modders under control and try to bring back/ revive the parts of the Reach community with the backwards compatible Reach and a credit award increase for all modes across the board. Besides 343i doesn't need anymore hate they get enough as is from the older fans as is because art style, story, not being Bungie, etc.

Although the fact you don't care about your K/D is fantastic as numbers will never get in the way of your enjoyment of the game. I know a few guys who could learn a thing or two from you! If you only play Grifball now I would recommend you play team slayer or BTB to keep your skills sharp. I'd say I'd love to play against you in Grifball but I'm pretty bad with the hammer lol. Hammer and focus rifle I just can't get around yet.

Again I don't care about rank I only see it as "maybe this guys gonna be good" but checking their commendations is usually a good way to tell if they're gonna be a good opponent. (Muh Inheritor ranking guide: 0-10% = Trash save edit, 20 - 30% = likely bad, 40 - 50% = average, 60 - 70% = YES, 80 - 90% = HYPE, 100% Probably a save edit lmao) a bit off topic there but maybe a bit of a reality check to those here who have Grifball farmed for Inheritor seeking "fame/ recognition" and what the Grifball method patched out. That last bit is not aimed at anyone specifically I intend this to prove that rank means nothing other than dedication (unless it's a save edit then no you go home). I don't understand why it matters how you got to max rank in the first place. Who cares it's a game as long as you're enjoying actually playing it that's all that matters.
@lizking
The mode is spectacularly flawed the spawns allowing for spawn killing@HC S0l0
I don't plan on antagonizing people trying to have fun so I likely won't see a 1v7.

I just want to point out that spawn killing is a legit strategy in grifball. If you let the other team get in position to spawn kill you then you deserve it...but you must score the bomb to make it legit. Spawn killing for fun is just boosting kills and medals. A completely different issue all together. Spawn killing in CTF and not scoring the flag is just as bad as spawn killing in grifball and not scoring the bomb. Go for the objective or you are cheating.

Cheating = anything other than what the developer intended

Just because the developer will do nothing to fix the old game does not mean that it is not cheating.
You are correct in thinking there will be nothing done by 343i. There is no need to update a game that is almost 8 years old.

I am being antagonized by the hordes of players abusing the increased cR payout in grifball since they refuse to play the game. If they wish to antagonize me then i can return the favor. I enjoy stopping them when I can. It is not always possible but I try anyway.
HC SOlO wrote:
@lizking
I don't plan on antagonizing people trying to have fun so I likely won't see a 1v7.

I just want to point out that spawn killing is a legit strategy in grifball. If you let the other team get in position to spawn kill you then you deserve it...but you must score the bomb to make it legit. Spawn killing for fun is just boosting kills and medals. A completely different issue all together. Spawn killing in CTF and not scoring the flag is just as bad as spawn killing in grifball and not scoring the bomb. Go for the objective or you are cheating.

Just because the developer will do nothing to fix the old game does not mean that it is not cheating.
You are correct in thinking there will be nothing done by 343i. There is no need to update a game that is almost 8 years old.

I am being antagonized by the hordes of players abusing the increased cR payout in grifball since they refuse to play the game. If they wish to antagonize me then i can return the favor. I enjoy stopping them when I can. It is not always possible but I try anyway.
thank you! someone who shares the same view points as me. I love ruining peace matches cause the noobs cheating the system get upset and all that. I ruined so many peace matches what I was eventually able to get to Inheritor by stopping those matches. (I think someone was trying to call me and a few others out in their post when they said there are a few inheritors who want the credit payout in Grifball removed.) My KD suffered from ruining peace matches cause I'd get teamed up by so many people and went down to a 0.84 but I'm trying to recover my KD overtime as I'm pretty decent in Slayer and Swat. I can't even go into Grifball on my main account to ruin peace matches anymore cause as soon as people see my gamertag I am immediately targeted before even moving 5 feet away from spawn at the beginning of the game. plus from the video i made over a year ago trashing on peace matchers. i'm hated and they love to dislike and try to leave comments telling me i'm wrong but i just delete their comment if they try to defend peace matching at all.
Doncut97 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
@lizking

thank you! someone who shares the same view points as me. I love ruining peace matches cause the noobs cheating the system get upset and all that. I ruined so many peace matches what I was eventually able to get to Inheritor by stopping those matches. (I think someone was trying to call me and a few others out in their post when they said there are a few inheritors who want the credit payout in Grifball removed.) My KD suffered from ruining peace matches cause I'd get teamed up by so many people and went down to a 0.84 but I'm trying to recover my KD overtime as I'm pretty decent in Slayer and Swat. I can't even go into Grifball on my main account to ruin peace matches anymore cause as soon as people see my gamertag I am immediately targeted before even moving 5 feet away from spawn at the beginning of the game. plus from the video i made over a year ago trashing on peace matchers. i'm hated and they love to dislike and try to leave comments telling me i'm wrong but i just delete their comment if they try to defend peace matching at all.
There is a long list of players that automatically drop when they see my gamertag....unfortunately i can't report them for cR boosting
What grifball has become is disgusting, I died 158 times by my own team for no reason. None whatsoever.
HC SOlO wrote:
@lizking

Putting spawns that allow for spawn killing to occur so easily and repeatedly is poor game design. While not cheating, unless it's a Guest that you control. You are right it is a legitimate strategy after all it is in the game. These credit farmers aren't using 3rd part software or hardware to cheat they're merely using the system that's in place. If it was deemed cheating the dev team at the time would've tackled it with a patch and probably a ban wave for everyone who used it (temp credit ban probably). But it's been left in for so long there's no way they consider it cheating. With their being a legacy team and Reach being "remade" for the xbox one we could see 343i change the system.

While anything other than the developer is "cheating" that would involve third party software as it's not in the game and was never intended by the devs.

Most credit farmers aren't even aware that it could annoy others, the games I was in two we're at least 11 to 12 years of age judging by their voice. There's no way everyone is informed they just see the people who score as jerks for messing up their farm. If you want them to play as intended why do you "mess up" their farm? All that will happen is they will play the mode even more only making the issue worse for you.

The best way they could tackle this is a huge buff to how credits are awarded across the board (minus Grifball as it's good how it is.) Or a rework across everything with how credits are awarded reducing the amount from Grifball but evening it out with the other play lists. Then people would just play what they actually want to and you guys get good old Grifball.
LbonB312 wrote:
What grifball has become is disgusting, I died 158 times by my own team for no reason. None whatsoever.
The team killing bit absolutely, something really should be done about that. After what would be a triple kill on teammates a betrayal boot should pop up. Or at the very least some kind of boot system to remove team killers, anything.
HC SOlO wrote:
Putting spawns that allow for spawn killing to occur so easily and repeatedly is poor game design. While not cheating, unless it's a Guest that you control. You are right it is a legitimate strategy after all it is in the game. These credit farmers aren't using 3rd part software or hardware to cheat they're merely using the system that's in place. If it was deemed cheating the dev team at the time would've tackled it with a patch and probably a ban wave for everyone who used it (temp credit ban probably). But it's been left in for so long there's no way they consider it cheating. With their being a legacy team and Reach being "remade" for the xbox one we could see 343i change the system.

The spawns are in a perfect place, if you actually move and play the game you will most likely never get spawn trapped. If you just stand there or your team mates dont play then yes it is easy to spawn kill.You admit that they are cheating.....The developers dont fix it because there is no reason to put time and effort into an old game. legacy team was made to fix tmcc. like i said earlier, just because the developers dont fix it doesnt make it not cheating. if this were only 12 year olds doing this i might understand but its not. its all ages and all ranks. even inheritors do this behavior. the game is about scoring the bomb. so simple a 12 year old should be able to figure it out...making the cR payout more for longer games is the developer mistake
HC SOlO wrote:
@lizking

While anything other than the developer is "cheating" that would involve third party software as it's not in the game and was never intended by the devs.

Most credit farmers aren't even aware that it could annoy others, the games I was in two we're at least 11 to 12 years of age judging by their voice. There's no way everyone is informed they just see the people who score as jerks for messing up their farm. If you want them to play as intended why do you "mess up" their farm? All that will happen is they will play the mode even more only making the issue worse for you.

The best way they could tackle this is a huge buff to how credits are awarded across the board (minus Grifball as it's good how it is.) Or a rework across everything with how credits are awarded reducing the amount from Grifball but evening it out with the other play lists. Then people would just play what they actually want to and you guys get good old Grifball.
stop digging yourself into a deeper hole dude. it's alright to spawn trap for a few seconds to score the bomb cause that's strategy but it is 100% not alright to do it for duration of time longer than the 5 seconds it takes to score the bomb as you're then purposely boosting at that point to. Also your comment about credit farmers not being aware it annoys people is the biggest load of bs. Most of that community of grifball farmers KNOW what they are doing is annoying to everyone who tries to play normally and that cr boosting/farm technically goes against the Xbox Live Code of Conduct.
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

The spawns are in a perfect place, if you actually move and play the game you will most likely never get spawn trapped. If you just stand there or your team mates dont play then yes it is easy to spawn kill.You admit that they are cheating.....The developers dont fix it because there is no reason to put time and effort into an old game. legacy team was made to fix tmcc. like i said earlier, just because the developers dont fix it doesnt make it not cheating. if this were only 12 year olds doing this i might understand but its not. its all ages and all ranks. even inheritors do this behavior. the game is about scoring the bomb. so simple a 12 year old should be able to figure it out...making the cR payout more for longer games is the developer mistake
Not what I meant, not cheating as it's in the game. A glitch of this magnitude would've been patched long ago, so as far as I can tell it's not cheating tell deemed so or acted upon by 343i. At this point the Grifball farm is just a community rule violation like healing during PvP in Dark Souls. Kids don't really think like that, monkey see monkey do no thinking involved. Punishing others for Grifball cR farming would be pretty ridiculous if they considered it cheating as it's their fault for not patching it sooner.

@Doncut97
I previously agreed it's a legitimate strategy since it's in the game. I think it's cheap and poor game design but still legit. Again spawn killing for more than 5 seconds is a community rule assuming others follow it, there's no punishment for trapping someone for an entire match or game. I can't talk for every credit farmer out there I'm sure lots know it annoys others but again just score the bomb and people will fight over the ball. If these people were hardcore glitching and becoming invincible in games knowing full well what the glitch does it probably does violate some part of the code of conduct and get a quick patch. However that behavior would likely only earn and in-game punishment as it's not 3rd party software.
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

Not what I meant, not cheating as it's in the game. A glitch of this magnitude would've been patched long ago, so as far as I can tell it's not cheating tell deemed so or acted upon by 343i. At this point the Grifball farm is just a community rule violation like healing during PvP in Dark Souls. Kids don't really think like that, monkey see monkey do no thinking involved. Punishing others for Grifball cR farming would be pretty ridiculous if they considered it cheating as it's their fault for not patching it sooner.

@Doncut97
I previously agreed it's a legitimate strategy since it's in the game. I think it's cheap and poor game design but still legit. Again spawn killing for more than 5 seconds is a community rule assuming others follow it, there's no punishment for trapping someone for an entire match or game. I can't talk for every credit farmer out there I'm sure lots know it annoys others but again just score the bomb and people will fight over the ball. If these people were hardcore glitching and becoming invincible in games knowing full well what the glitch does it probably does violate some part of the code of conduct and get a quick patch. However that behavior would likely only earn and in-game punishment as it's not 3rd party software.
Please just stop...you cannot justify cheating to me.
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

@Doncut97
Ditto.
Fun fact: The game's automated ban hammer can strike you for spawn trapping and credit farming in grifball cause the game will recognize you are getting more kills than you should be, not getting any kills/getting very little kills, holding the bomb for the entire game multiple games in a row, or if you're afking for duration of time. If it was a community rule to not spawn trap longer than the time it takes to score the bomb why would the ban hammer strike if you break those rules? hmmmmmm. I wonder why. BASICALLY, IF THE BAN HAMMER CAN STRIKE YOU FOR DOING SOMETHING IN THE GAME, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSE TO DO IT! end of story.

Honestly a forum moderator should really lock this thread at this point.
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
@Doncut97
Since you won't hear out the cheating aspect of Code of Conduct, how about the aspect of Griefing other people and degrading the gameplay quality and experience they are paying for via Xbox LIVE Gold by trying to play the gametype as intended by the developer, services they are paying for and abiding to Code of Conduct while the people who are boosting in these fashions are not abiding by Code of Conduct?

Also, there is a difference between spawntrapping and spawncampkilling. Spawntrapping is keeping the opposing team back at their spawn for a couple of seconds with the intention and carrying out the act of scoring the goal, the clear objective of the objective based gametype of Grifball. This is strategy and is legit. However spawncampkilling is sitting at the spawnpoint of the other team, killing them time and time again for the sake of boosting cR, Commedations and statpadding (Boosting K/D ratio) was never intended by the developer and is indeed cheating. You are using a method not intended by the developer to essentially gain in game status faster than otherwise possible if you were to play the game normally. As a matter of fact, professional Grifball players, such as members from the AGLA frown upon this act as well. Poor game design in this fashion is an exploit along the lines of using it for personal gain, such as 'Peace Matches' and Boosting, and is cheating.

Keep in mind that Reach is a seven year old game and 343i probably and unfortunately does not have any intention of updating the game, but do you remember what happened when Farming was occuring in Halo 5, 343i's newest game at the time of the issue , where people were being spawncampkilled for five plus minutes by the other team instead of the other team scoring the objective? 343i took action to put a stop to it, and considering this is also one of their games, that stance of theirs then also stands on this game as well. 343i does not support any form of farming or boosting as they see it as cheating.

Also with the 'monkey see, monkey do' example of yours, let me pull up the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use, a binding agreement you agreed to when you created your Xbox LIVE account :

"Because information personal to your Xbox Live subscription will thereafter be available to you via the Xbox Live, you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Microsoft Account password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account on the Xbox Live. Microsoft will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your account, either with or without your knowledge. "

So if you decide to cheat because somebody else does, you are responsible for your own actions, just letting you know in advance. Just because somebody else does wrong does not merit you the right to do so as well. Two wrongs do not make a right.

And with that said, if you know these exploits exist, even if the developer has proven they are against them and have not patched them yet, and choose to use them, you have chosen to do so, and makes you part of the problem, not the developer, as you, who are responsible for all actions on your account per se the binding agreement of Terms of Use have chosen to use the exploit for personal use to gain ingame status at a pace that is otherwise not possible in a way not intended by the developer, which is considered cheating by the developer, which also in many cases degrades the online experience and griefs other players games have then chosen to violate Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct, another binding agreement you agreed to when you created your Xbox LIVE account by cheating and griefing, and then risk being banned.
Doncut97 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

@Doncut97
Ditto.
Fun fact: The game's automated ban hammer can strike you for spawn trapping and credit farming in grifball cause the game will recognize you are getting more kills than you should be, not getting any kills/getting very little kills, holding the bomb for the entire game multiple games in a row, or if you're afking for duration of time. If it was a community rule to not spawn trap longer than the time it takes to score the bomb why would the ban hammer strike if you break those rules? hmmmmmm. I wonder why. BASICALLY, IF THE BAN HAMMER CAN STRIKE YOU FOR DOING SOMETHING IN THE GAME, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSE TO DO IT! end of story.

I agree this thread should be locked. But your wrong with the ban hammer. No one ever gets temporary banned for spawn trapping. Yes that should be the case but it dosnt happen
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

@Doncut97
Not cheating as it's in the game, if it was cheating it would've been dealt with.
@Doncut
I haven't seen any proof of the ban hammer having struck for spam killing, given how rampant it is I'm lead to believe this is a community myth. (A community myth started to out an end to certain behavior. ex DS2 there's a rumor that save edits can be detected; they cannot. I know the ban hammer will be swung for those who manually reset their credit limit as that's intentionally breaching the limit the devs put in.

Locking the thread because you can across an opinion you don't agree with; I don't even know what to say about that, really. This is a friendly discussion about whether Grifball cR farming is cheating. I have no malice behind these posts I'm simply voicing my opinion as you have.

@lizking
Same thing really, it's preventing the other players from playing the game as the devs intended. (Not cheating as it's in the game). You're absolutely right that cheating can result in a ban however that's referencing third party software. This is not modding gamerscore as Microsoft has been VERY swift at taking those guys out, this isn't using a glitch to get free stuff from the market place. This is the current system in place by the devs themselves in one specific game. If a match was to some how go on legitimately into overtime each round and end in a tie do all those players deserve to be banned? No. The terms of use argument is dramatic at best, using a system that's in the game isn't a bannable offense.

Why do you all care so much how people get their rank? It really doesn't matter. Sure there's afk'ers they'll get hit by the ban hammer for frequent afking eventually. As for the cR farmers just score the bomb and you'll rile them up.
Doncut97 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

@Doncut97
Ditto.

I agree this thread should be locked. But your wrong with the ban hammer. No one ever gets temporary banned for spawn trapping. Yes that should be the case but it dosnt happen
temp banned for spawn trapping for a few seconds no, spawn camping yes you will get banned because you're considered boosting at that point and the ban hammer will strike you for it.
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

@Doncut97
Not cheating as it's in the game, if it was cheating it would've been dealt with.
@Doncut
I haven't seen any proof of the ban hammer having struck for spam killing, given how rampant it is I'm lead to believe this is a community myth. (A community myth started to out an end to certain behavior. ex DS2 there's a rumor that save edits can be detected; they cannot. I know the ban hammer will be swung for those who manually reset their credit limit as that's intentionally breaching the limit the devs put in.

Locking the thread because you can across an opinion you don't agree with; I don't even know what to say about that, really. This is a friendly discussion about whether Grifball cR farming is cheating. I have no malice behind these posts I'm simply voicing my opinion as you have.

@lizking
Same thing really, it's preventing the other players from playing the game as the devs intended. (Not cheating as it's in the game). You're absolutely right that cheating can result in a ban however that's referencing third party software. This is not modding gamerscore as Microsoft has been VERY swift at taking those guys out, this isn't using a glitch to get free stuff from the market place. This is the current system in place by the devs themselves in one specific game. If a match was to some how go on legitimately into overtime each round and end in a tie do all those players deserve to be banned? No. The terms of use argument is dramatic at best, using a system that's in the game isn't a bannable offense.

Why do you all care so much how people get their rank? It really doesn't matter. Sure there's afk'ers they'll get hit by the ban hammer for frequent afking eventually. As for the cR farmers just score the bomb and you'll rile them up.
HOW CAN SOMETHING IN THE CODE OF CONDUCT BE AN OPINION? I am not disagreeing and trying to argue because it's my opinion but I am disagreeing and arguing because it's the rules and any 343 staff or moderator will tell you that farming in grifball is cheating and against the ToS. I guarantee that there is a temp ban for reaching so many kills in repeated games of grifball. There is a temp ban for getting 0 or very little kills in repeated games so why wouldn't there be for getting excessive amounts of kills in repeated games as the Ban Hammer could think you're using cheats to kill people so many times and quickly over and over again. Also why are so many people complaining about getting banned on the Why i was banned thread? they all boosted! hm.

This was posted in the Why Did I Get Banned thread awhile ago so I'll post it here.
"Hey guys, I read this and you are right through LIVE Code of Conduct about the 'Peace Matches' and Spawncampkilling. I'm going to copy and paste here something from the 'Why did I get banned?' thread. From said thread: Actually it is harder than you think (To get banned) if you play the game properly, simply: snip Don't exploit gametypes, game functions, and/or glitches to boost cR, Commedations, and K/D. -Not limited to but including as examples:
1. 'PEACE GAMES' IN GRIFBALL
2. 'Spawncampkilling' to statpad, boost cR and Commedations.
It is one thing to do so for a couple of seconds to score an objective as that is strategy, but to do so repeatedly for extended durations for boosting purposes is cheating due to exploiting the objective gametype, and if reported by enough people through LIVE's Report feature can lead to a ban. snip The people who do these things may argue that I am wrong, but I know otherwise. Spawncampkilling and 'Peace Matches' are exploiting an objective gametype to statpad and boost cR instead of playing it the way it was meant to be played and in many cases also is unsporting due to ruining the gameplay experience for others who want to play the game legit; griefing. Due to this, you can use the features LIVE has available to report said individuals. Basically you Submit Player Review and avoid the player, Unsporting Conduct being the reason (As I proved above what they are doing is indeed unsporting) and then file a report, Cheating being the reason. This is not abuse of LIVE services due to those players violating Code of Conduct, and if they are properly reported enough for their actions, they can earn themselves a ban. Also, if you are playing Reach on the Xbox One, Submitting a Player Review against said players will lower their reputation, and if that happens enough from their actions, they should only get paired up with other people with low reputation, which will essentially force them to stop doing so if they want to raise their reputation back up. The features are there provided by LIVE, as there likely won't be a fix from 343i's end. Use them and they should help."
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

@Doncut97
According to you anything that is in a game is not cheating....You do realize that you are saying there is no such thing as cheating right? Extremely poor logic
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5