OP Erich Grulms

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
@Doncut
The Xbox Live code of conduct refers to 3rd party software as cheating. An in-game ban will occur if the devs want to punish the use of unsporting glitches like invincibility or something, which again is for that specific game. As for a literal termination of the Xbox Live account that's laughable that will simply not happen. I could team kill all day and not get an Xbox Live ban. I would absolutely get terrible rep but not an account ban.

I am unaware of bans occurring for spawn camping entire matches, I have never heard of it happening. While it does state the following:
"Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:
• Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.
• Modifying your Xbox 360 hardware or game software and services in any way.
• Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
• Impersonating a Bungie, 343, or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players."

Boosting is done by pre-made lobbies of 8 people intending to gain stats off afk'ers or Guests while in the cR boosters case for having done nothing with the guarantee of the max cR payout. While with the people solo queuing they are entering a regular match and while still there with the intent of gaining credits they will still run into players who will still score the bomb or a "normal game". However if you want to boost you can just get a couple of kills with a full team of 8 and the system won't detect you.
Simply put you can't boost by yourself.

As for the ban hammer it takes around 10 games to "detect" a pattern and deem it bannable. ie Full team of 8, 0 kills (0 deaths?), X amount of time idled, all within a 10 game streak. At least that's how I'm pretty sure the hammer works.^

@HC S0l0
Cheating does exist, look at what happened in Destiny 1 with infinite supers. The players who did it got a ban for it and the glitch was fixed. While in Halo Reachs case it's a system that just so happens to payout more cR for a specific gamemode.
Again...your logic is extremely flawed. Just because you are not punished does not mean you are not cheating. You have absolutely no moral compass. You will justify cheating because 1. players are not being punished 2. because so many other players are doing it, so it must be ok.
I bet you would jump off a bridge because "everyone is doing it" so it must be ok.
lizking10152011 explained it perfectly why this behavior is wrong on so many levels. You just refuse to listen.

You fit right in with the boosters. My guess is that you are in fact a cR booster just trolling a thread that you don't agree with. Your service record shows that you have been playing halo:reach since 2/2/2018 and have played 2 games of grifball ON THIS ACCOUNT. One of those games you went +57 so you clearly don't have a problem boosting stats. It looks like you just made this account so that you could come here "anonymously" and give your opinion without showing your true stat padding stats.
I wonder what sort of game history we would find on your other accounts.Feel free to point out that I have games with similar stats. It will take you some time to find them since I have about 11,000 games played but, the percentage of games that I did this is less than 0.1% while you have 50% ratio of stat padding grifball games.
HC SOlO wrote:
Again...your logic is extremely flawed. Just because you are not punished does not mean you are not cheating. You have absolutely no moral compass. You will justify cheating because 1. players are not being punished 2. because so many other players are doing it, so it must be ok.
I bet you would jump off a bridge because "everyone is doing it" so it must be ok.
lizking10152011 explained it perfectly why this behavior is wrong on so many levels. You just refuse to listen.

You fit right in with the boosters. My guess is that you are in fact a cR booster just trolling a thread that you don't agree with. Your service record shows that you have been playing halo:reach since 2/2/2018 and have played 2 games of grifball ON THIS ACCOUNT. One of those games you went +57 so you clearly don't have a problem boosting stats. It looks like you just made this account so that you could come here "anonymously" and give your opinion without showing your true stat padding stats.
I wonder what sort of game history we would find on your other accounts.Feel free to point out that I have games with similar stats. It will take you some time to find them since I have about 11,000 games played but, the percentage of games that I did this is less than 0.1% while you have 50% ratio of stat padding grifball games.
I mainly play TF2 on PC but occasionally play Halo; yep I'm new literally owned this game for a roughly a weekish and I already stated I only played 2-3 games of Grifball. I'm pretty trash with the hammer so I stopped playing it and after having heard about the spawn kill squads. I just stay away from it. How was I suppose to know that doing that was taboo? In TF2 if I see an AFK guy I'll kill him regardless, not my fault he walked away from the controller. There's no flare in the matchmaking menu that says doing that is wrong or more specifically in Grifball exclusively. If I see an AFK player in Invasion or team slayer you bet I'll take the kill.
As for your stats keep in mind the more games you play the wider the gap between percentage you'll get, you simply have more data then a rook like me.

The rest of my knowledge has come from videos and forums on the topic. Morals are subjective, that's kind of irrelevant here. My point being overall my posts is it's not cheating because it's the system that's in place. Cheaters do deserve punishment so long as they are actually cheating like god mode in multi or something like that.

Puts tinfoil hat on*
Yes I'm secretly the MasterChe1f117123456 here to advocate misbehavior ooooo scary looks like I better hop of this bridge now because I saw a Guest take the jump!
Ignore the above just having a bit of fun with the notion.
HC SOlO wrote:

I mainly play TF2 on PC but occasionally play Halo; yep I'm new literally owned this game for a roughly a weekish and I already stated I only played 2-3 games of Grifball. I'm pretty trash with the hammer so I stopped playing it and after having heard about the spawn kill squads. I just stay away from it. How was I suppose to know that doing that was taboo? In TF2 if I see an AFK guy I'll kill him regardless, not my fault he walked away from the controller. There's no flare in the matchmaking menu that says doing that is wrong or more specifically in Grifball exclusively. If I see an AFK player in Invasion or team slayer you bet I'll take the kill.
As for your stats keep in mind the more games you play the wider the gap between percentage you'll get, you simply have more data then a rook like me.

The rest of my knowledge has come from videos and forums on the topic. Morals are subjective, that's kind of irrelevant here. My point being overall my posts is it's not cheating because it's the system that's in place. Cheaters do deserve punishment so long as they are actually cheating like god mode in multi or something like that.

Puts tinfoil hat on*
Yes I'm secretly the MasterChe1f117123456 here to advocate misbehavior ooooo scary looks like I better hop of this bridge now because I saw a Guest take the jump!
Ignore the above just having a bit of fun with the notion.
Ok if it only applies to 3rd party content why does the Why Did I Get Banned thread include Skill, Exp, and Credit Boosting in the lead comment for that thread? Read it carefully and you can see that it is against the rules of the game according to 343 industries! I copied and pasted the entire post by TotalSellout here cause obviously you're not gonna check to see that you're wrong and that it is against the rule of the game. I even bolded the section that involves what you believe isn't against the rule. Well guess what it's against the rules according to this post. Ask any 343 staff or moderator on this website and I GUARANTEE they'll tell you that you're wrong about it not being cheating.

"Good news: The vast majority of you reading this will never need to post in this thread.Bad news: If you are checking this page because of an in-game message, it is likely that you have been banned for violating the terms of use and/or committing a code of conduct violation. It is also possible in the case of an especially egregious violation, that your Xbox 360 system itself is now banned from Matchmaking. The duration of this ban will be based on the type, frequency or nature of the committed violation.In most cases, Custom Games will still be available. In extreme cases, they will not.Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:• Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.
Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.• Impersonating a Bungie, 343, or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.The following things will not result in a visit from the Banhammer:• Lag (poor or intermittent network performance).
• Occasional disconnects due to inconsistent network conditions.Please note that while this process is automated, it is accurate. Bans are almost certainly legitimate, and will stay in force for their stated duration. To keep your matchmaking privileges in good standing, immediately cease any unsociable behavior and wait out the ban. Either way, there will be no response communication from this process.Below are some sample questions and answers.I shouldn't be banned. My brother/sister/cousin/dad/mom/friend must've logged on with my account and done bad things. Will you please reverse my ban?If this is indeed the case, we do understand your frustration. However, it is your sole responsibility to keep your account information secure and not share it with others who would abuse it. We have no way of detecting who is playing with your account, and if your gamertag is caught making naughty, you will be banned. Those are the rules.I didn't do anything wrong, and you can't prove it. Will you please reverse my ban?No. Like it says above, our automated system builds up a digital case of wrongdoing before any ban is enacted. If you accidentally disconnect a time or two, you won't get banned. Instead the system looks for patterns that can't happen accidentally. If the banhammer detects enough wrongdoing, you were doing wrong. Case closed.Will posting in this thread guarantee my ban will be lifted and that someone will respond personally to every post?Unfortunately, no. We simply don't have enough eyes, ears and typing hands to respond to every single post. However, the community will help keep you honest. You have a public game history for everyone to see. If you post you were banned unjustly, the community is in their rights to check out your history to confirm or deny your claims. Please, just keep it clean.The purpose of this thread is to keep all questions pertaining to bans in one place. Without a megathread for such questions, the rest of the forum will almost certainly turn into a cavalcade of ban questions.If you were banned and think you have a case, this is the ONLY thread you should post in. If other moderators see posts pertaining to bans in other threads, they will either be deleted outright or a kind-hearted mod might just move the posts to this thread.If any users are caught habitually spamming ban threads in other threads, we will consider that a violation of the forum Terms of Use. You will risk being banned here as well. We don't want to have to ban anyone, but we do want an open, honest and positive place to post about all things Halo, so a thread like this is necessary.Thanks,- Total Sellout"
recently ive had a bigger problem with modders
Yeah, it's either boosters or modders that are boosting.
@Doncut
I don't know what they mean by EXP as Reachs progression system is around credits, unless it's refering to arena rank which I don't think you can get anymore.
I already answered that part here, a couple posts ago. But I'll post that bit again for clarity..

"Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:
• Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.
• Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
• Impersonating a Bungie, 343, or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players."Boosting is done by pre-made lobbies of 8 people intending to gain stats off afk'ers or Guests while in the cR boosters case for having done nothing with the guarantee of the max cR payout. While with the people solo queuing they are entering a regular match and while still there with the intent of gaining credits they will still run into players who will still score the bomb or a "normal game". However if you want to boost you can just get a couple of kills with a full team of 8 and the system won't detect you.
Simply put you can't boost by yourself."
@Doncut
I don't know what they mean by EXP as Reachs progression system is around credits, unless it's refering to arena rank which I don't think you can get anymore.
I already answered that part here, a couple posts ago. But I'll post that bit again for clarity..

"Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:• Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.
  • • Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
• Impersonating a Bungie, 343, or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players."Boosting is done by pre-made lobbies of 8 people intending to gain stats off afk'ers or Guests while in the cR boosters case for having done nothing with the guarantee of the max cR payout. While with the people solo queuing they are entering a regular match and while still there with the intent of gaining credits they will still run into players who will still score the bomb or a "normal game". However if you want to boost you can just get a couple of kills with a full team of 8 and the system won't detect you.
no you cant boost by yourself. you need other players of like mind to agree to do so....PEACE MATCHES...Peace matches are for Boosting credits to gain rank and is cheatingBy the way, you dont need premade lobbies of 8 people to boost. That is how peace matches were born...randoms go into grifball and teabag the ground to indicated they wish to peace match...
HC SOlO wrote:
-snip-
Not cheating as it's in the game, if it was cheating it would've been dealt with.
@Doncut
I haven't seen any proof of the ban hammer having struck for spam killing, given how rampant it is I'm lead to believe this is a community myth. (A community myth started to out an end to certain behavior. ex DS2 there's a rumor that save edits can be detected; they cannot. I know the ban hammer will be swung for those who manually reset their credit limit as that's intentionally breaching the limit the devs put in.

Locking the thread because you can across an opinion you don't agree with; I don't even know what to say about that, really. This is a friendly discussion about whether Grifball cR farming is cheating. I have no malice behind these posts I'm simply voicing my opinion as you have.

@lizking
Same thing really, it's preventing the other players from playing the game as the devs intended. (Not cheating as it's in the game). You're absolutely right that cheating can result in a ban however that's referencing third party software. This is not modding gamerscore as Microsoft has been VERY swift at taking those guys out, this isn't using a glitch to get free stuff from the market place. This is the current system in place by the devs themselves in one specific game. If a match was to some how go on legitimately into overtime each round and end in a tie do all those players deserve to be banned? No. The terms of use argument is dramatic at best, using a system that's in the game isn't a bannable offense.

Why do you all care so much how people get their rank? It really doesn't matter. Sure there's afk'ers they'll get hit by the ban hammer for frequent afking eventually. As for the cR farmers just score the bomb and you'll rile them up.
Xbox LIVE Terms of Use is not dramatic. You agreed to it when you created your Xbox LIVE account. It is not a suggestion, it is a binding agreement. You are indeed responsible for any and all actions that occur on your Xbox LIVE account, whether or not the actions are from you. So if you choose to follow the same act as somebody else, expect the same consequences as a result of those actions that the other person would likely recieve.

As for preventing other players from playing the game as the developer intended, you just admitted to that. That is called Griefing and degrading the gameplay quality and experience for others on Xbox LIVE, which is a bannable offense by Code of Conduct standards. Code of Conduct isn't as descriptive as it used to be, but the same policies are still there.

I actually found the more descriptive Code of Conduct using Google Search and here it is, Section F:

"F. Cheating & Tampering
  • Do not cheat in a game unless the developer has deliberately enabled cheats.
  • Do not use unauthorized hardware or modifications.
  • Do not exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches.
  • Do not make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents, including but not limited to tenure, Avatar, saved games, Gamerscore, or achievements.
  • Do not intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods.
  • Do not play any illegitimately obtained software or pirated games.
  • Do not take any action to cause degradation of service for Microsoft or other users, including but not limited to network interference or manipulation.
  • Do not play a game before it has been authorized for play on the service."
Also as I have said before, you are using a method in an objective based gametype that is not in a fashion intended by the developers to gain ingame status at a rate faster than what the developer intended. It is boosting, statpadding, farming, etc and at the end of the day, it is cheating. When somebody boosted their K/D to 15.1 for example, that cannot be done by normal legitimate gameplay, that is simply common sense, and that type of K/D screams Cheater.

And the reason why we push the issue is that games for people who do want to play Grifball to have fun and score the objective and outwit their opponents cannot do so due to these cheaters and griefers. People who are paying for their Xbox LIVE Service while abiding to the binding agreements of Code of Conduct and Terms of use, and trying to use said services on Reach to have fun, but cannot. Not everybody can gather seven friends on a regular basis and head into custom games, which is why they are trying to use matchmaking to meet other Grifball enthuiasts through playing as intended, but cannot due to people who exploit the gametype to boost instead, which is not what the developer intended.

You know, when you try to score the bomb when seven other people want to exploit Grifball, so they all turn their 'Peace Match' to a 1 vs. 7 Spawncampkilling spree to try to punish you wrongfully for playing the gametype as it was meant to be intended, which by some can even be considered bullying and harassment if you want to take it that far. You know, because these people feel like Code of Conduct and Terms of Use is nothing more than a suggestion, that griefing and cheating is legit through some ill-legit way of trying to justify it (Which it is not), and feel that they have the right to punish people who interfere with the cheating and griefing (Which they do not).

Since we are on the topic, let us utilize what the LIVE Enforcement Team themselves views as cheating.

"Cheating includes, but isn’t limited to:
  • Involvement with modified (“modded”) games or gametypes such as modded lobbies, mod menus, mod infections, or other unauthorized modifications
  • Involvement with modified Xbox hardware
  • Intentionally playing with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
  • Using unauthorized software to make changes to your account or game saves
  • Unlocking achievements, prestige level, in-game ranks, or other content you didn’t actually earn
  • Repeatedly using a game glitch or vulnerability to gain an unfair competitive advantage
  • Interfering with or manipulating your device's network traffic
  • Abusing the player reporting (complaint) system by filing or encouraging your friends to file false or redundant complaints or feedback"
Hmm, seems like the LIVE Enforcement Team themselves would see the outcomes of spawncampkilling and 'Peace Matches' as cheating. Sitting in a corner for 13+ minutes and/or spawncampkilling is not truely earning anything as it was not intended to use Grifball this way by the developer, and in the LIVE Enforcement Team's eyes, this would be cheating.
@Doncut

"Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:• Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.
Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.• Impersonating a Bungie, 343, or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players."Boosting is done by pre-made lobbies of 8 people intending to gain stats off afk'ers or Guests while in the cR boosters case for having done nothing with the guarantee of the max cR payout. While with the people solo queuing they are entering a regular match and while still there with the intent of gaining credits they will still run into players who will still score the bomb or a "normal game". However if you want to boost you can just get a couple of kills with a full team of 8 and the system won't detect you.
Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.This right here. Read this line right here. This is your answer to why it is cheating and wrong.
@Lizking
It's a part of the system if it was cheating it would've been patched. According to the logic of everyone here if someone tried to score the bomb and did end up in a 1v7 just by staying in the match till the end they deserve a ban because they also got the credits.
It's not exploiting a glitch or a vulnerability, reseting the credit limit manually is as that is skirting the limit the devs set in place. Again it's the system that's in place; that's like banning a SWAT players in H5 because SWAT gives the most req for the least amount of time.
"Do not take any action to cause degradation of service for Microsoft or other users, including but not limited to network interference or manipulation."
It's not affecting the network or live services.
Unlocking achievements, prestige level, in-game ranks, or other content you didn’t actually earn
Full lobby (8 person premade credit boosters) qualify for this, full lobby farming is boosting as it's no longer a competitive match.
Repeatedly using a game glitch or vulnerability to gain an unfair competitive advantaged
Unless players are getting some kind of performance enhancing buff like damage boost, infinite ammo, or god mode with each rank this doesn't apply. It's not a glitch it's the system the devs put in place.

I don't play Grifball that much so I won't pretend to know how likely a 1v7 is to occur but from someone I know who does frequent Grifball he's said it's mostly the enemy team spawn camping or 1 or more teammates. But one source isn't enough to get a full grasp on that; spawn camping isn't the issue here as that's just poor game design.

"Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behaviour"
I don't think you can get arena exp anymore, cR boosting is a full party of 8 that go afk the whole match, deleveling (mods?), idling as long as you're moving and not standing still. Cheating that's the modders that are running rampant flying at mock 10 across the map. Unsportsmanlike behaviour that's pretty board but I know team killing qualifies there and trash talk and arguably spawn killing.
HC SOlO wrote:
@Doncut

• • Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
no you cant boost by yourself. you need other players of like mind to agree to do so....PEACE MATCHES...Peace matches are for Boosting credits to gain rank and is cheatingBy the way, you dont need premade lobbies of 8 people to boost. That is how peace matches were born...randoms go into grifball and teabag the ground to indicated they wish to peace match...
The problem being is that you're no guaranteed to get the max credit payout as there's always gonna be "that guy" who will start killing and scoring the bomb which "forces" them to fight thus playing properly. It's the system the devs put in place. Does a player that tries to score the bomb once or kills someone that ends up getting spawn killed the whole game deserve a ban because they just so happened to get the "max" credit payout? No
Again the system is flawed because it encourages people to get credits this way as ALL the other modes are too stingy with their payout. Is it cheating? I don't think so, if it was it would've been patched like a cheat would be.
@Lizking
It's a part of the system if it was cheating it would've been patched. According to the logic of everyone here if someone tried to score the bomb and did end up in a 1v7 just by staying in the match till the end they deserve a ban because they also got the credits.
It's not exploiting a glitch or a vulnerability, reseting the credit limit manually is as that is skirting the limit the devs set in place. Again it's the system that's in place; that's like banning a SWAT players in H5 because SWAT gives the most req for the least amount of time.
"Do not take any action to cause degradation of service for Microsoft or other users, including but not limited to network interference or manipulation."It's not affecting the network or live services.
Unlocking achievements, prestige level, in-game ranks, or other content you didn’t actually earnFull lobby (8 person premade credit boosters) qualify for this, full lobby farming is boosting as it's no longer a competitive match.
Repeatedly using a game glitch or vulnerability to gain an unfair competitive advantaged Unless players are getting some kind of performance enhancing buff like damage boost, infinite ammo, or god mode with each rank this doesn't apply. It's not a glitch it's the system the devs put in place.

I don't play Grifball that much so I won't pretend to know how likely a 1v7 is to occur but from someone I know who does frequent Grifball he's said it's mostly the enemy team spawn camping or 1 or more teammates. But one source isn't enough to get a full grasp on that; spawn camping isn't the issue here as that's just poor game design.

"Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behaviour"I don't think you can get arena exp anymore, cR boosting is a full party of 8 that go afk the whole match, deleveling (mods?), idling as long as you're moving and not standing still. Cheating that's the modders that are running rampant flying at mock 10 across the map. Unsportsmanlike behaviour that's pretty board but I know team killing qualifies there and trash talk and arguably spawn killing.
Premade lobbies of 8 are not only way to peach match. I've seen peace matches with 7 randoms that weren't in the same group before who immediately began to peace match. You've only been a player on Reach since the beginning of this month from what your service record says but you have no clue what grifball is actually like. I've ruined countless peacematches and I have lists of players who peacematch and from experience I am going to know more than you. Everyone here who is telling you that you are wrong are all those who have experience with the trash that perform peace matches in Reach and we all know of what the playlist was like before Peacematches really began! JUST BECAUSE YOU GO INTO GRIFBALL WITHOUT A FULL PARTY THAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU EXEMPT TO THE RULE OF CREDIT BOOSTING BECAUSE THAT'S PROBABLY WHY YOU'RE (to clarify i'm saying "you're" as in the people who are going to into Grifball to boost cr) GOING INTO IT! Just because something didn't get patched doesn't mean it is okay to do when the developers have said it is against the rules. This didn't start really happening until AFTER Halo 4 came out when 343 stopped updating Halo Reach. In your case of the 1 v 7 if the 1 player is trying to play the correct way and the other 7 are boosting why should the 1 player get banned for playing the game ACCORDING TO THE GAME'S RULES because the 7 other bad apples in that lobby are trying to credit boost. BTW Exp is essentially the Halo 3 equivalent of Reach's Credit system. (A game by your service record you haven't played multiplayer of) It's just another way of saying that you shouldn't boost your rank! 343 STAFF HAVE SAID THAT IT IS AGAINST THE TERMS OF SERVICE TO BOOST CREDITS OR BOOST ANYTHING IN GRIFBALL FOR A MATTER OF FACT. I don't think you're actually as dumb as you're sounding but more that you're either being stubborn cause you need to always be right about everything when you don't know half of it or that you're just trolling with this post. Again any forum moderator or 343 staff will tell you that PEACE MATCHES/ANY FORM OF CREDIT BOOSTING IS CHEATING. it is as simple as that. end of story.
@Doncut
My point about solo queue players is that they are merely going into a match and just happening to comes across others who want the same thing. While those who are walking away from the controller deserve a ban those who are still "fighting" or at the very least still playing in some form are doing nothing wrong at least imo. I am super new to Reach so I don't doubt you guys know more than me about the game. However I just don't see it being the players fault for using the system that is in place, if it's so wrong why hasn't it been fixed? I've never seen a game just left like that which is why I don't consider it cheating. If these people were somehow entering forge mode in Grifball and giving themselves other weapons/ vehicles through that glitch (not a real glitch) then that's absolutely cheating as they are gaining an unfair advantage.

The thing is they are still playing which is why they're not being banned, these people are still fighting each other just not scoring while I know for a fact there's entire lobbies of AFKers some of these guys aren't.

If it was truly cheating and it wasn't patched I'd agree it's not right to use it, but this is just the system in the game. It's not giving any advantage to anyone, all it's doing is some cosmetic changes for some which I can careless if someone really want a skull helmet.

What I meant in the 1v7 scenario is that the 1 guy still got the same payout as the other 7 hence profiting from their farm and apparently violating a rule. If 343i were to ban for this LOTS of people including peace match disrupters would be caught in that as at some point you guys have earned credits from that farm. Whether you were spawn killed for the entire game you still got the payout. I ban would be ridiculous and unfair; if 343i truly sees the credit farm as a problem the proper way to deal with it is change how credits are awarded in Grifball.

If they were more specific then maybe I'd agree but a booster to my knowledge is someone who has a friend or a Guest that lets them kill them over and over for some kind of benefit. Given you earn a small amount of cR per kill you can boost cR from a Guest under your control which by all means is cheating.

I'll admit I'm a bit stubborn for sure! But i'm not trying to be stubborn about this topic for the sake of having to be right, I'm just voicing how I see it. Again I have no malice behind my posts i'm not here for salty reactions or secretly a Troll under a bridge, just participating in discussion.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5