Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo: Reach is 10 years old today!

OP Orion Crux 9

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Though this Halo game tore this forum apart 10 years ago, I'd like to ask how do you guys feel about the game 10 years later? I admit, when I first played this game I really enjoyed it as I did most Halo games. Slowly, I began to resent the game a lot and I didn't understand why. It's not until it came back out on the MCC I realized I only started to hate the game not because of the map, story, or differences from the book. It was the last time I got to play with all my friends before adulthood. Act Man on Youtube said it himself "are you mad at the game's story? Or are you mad that it ended?" Took a long time to come to that conclusion, once it came out on MCC something I detested for a very long time. I got to play with friends who never had an Xbox and never had a chance to experience the game, it's gotten to such a point I'm slowly preferring Reach over 3, and I really, really, love Halo 3. My favorite memory of this game is Invasion: Breakpoint and having a squad play Highlands for the first time. So many clutch memories on each.

What about you guys and girls or Sangheili? Do you still like it? Did you have a change of heart? What's your favorite memory? You and the old squad from 10 years ago still play?
I have always liked Halo: Reach. Armour Lock never bothered me, and I was never bothered by the TU changes. The only downside to the game, I found, was that once you had reached Nova rank there was bugger all to spend you cR on. It just accumulated until Inheritor where you had to spend 1cR, not 100cR, not 1,000cR, not even 1,000,000cR, but 1cR on the Haunted Helmet. The Haunted Helmet should have been the most expensive cosmetic piece in the game. Lord knows by the time you got to it you had enough cR to cover it.
x N7 117 x wrote:
I have always liked Halo: Reach. Armour Lock never bothered me, and I was never bothered by the TU changes. The only downside to the game, I found, was that once you had reached Nova rank there was bugger all to spend you cR on. It just accumulated until Inheritor where you had to spend 1cR, not 100cR, not 1,000cR, not even 1,000,000cR, but 1cR on the Haunted Helmet. The Haunted Helmet should have been the most expensive cosmetic piece in the game. Lord knows by the time you got to it you had enough cR to cover it.
Armor Lock was needed in the Beta when the grenades were nukes especially in conjunction with Jetpacks. The screen shook violently on top of that. More often than not Bloom was an issue. But I could forgo those things these days now that I'm used to it.
All of these anniversaries are making me Happy/Sad as I get older and older... I will be hopping on Reach today to celebrate. I saw a post today that said Jurassic park was 29 years old now... yikes man... JP is 29, CE is 19... Reach is 10 years old. SLOOOW DOOOOWN TIME!!!!
VividSnow wrote:
All of these anniversaries are making me Happy/Sad as I get older and older... I will be hopping on Reach today to celebrate. I saw a post today that said Jurassic park was 29 years old now... yikes man... JP is 29, CE is 19... Reach is 10 years old. SLOOOW DOOOOWN TIME!!!!
Hard to believe the entire Halo series will be 20 years old next year.
VividSnow wrote:
I'm 31... I was 11 when I got Halo CE... :(
Reach was my first Halo, although I didn't play it until January 2011. As such, it holds a very special place in my heart. I'll be jumping on the 360 later tonight to celebrate.
VividSnow wrote:
VividSnow wrote:
A year older than me. It good to see the old brothers in arms though. You're not alone on these forums, I got my CE as a gift for finally making the honor roll.
VividSnow wrote:
VividSnow wrote:
A year older than me. It good to see the old brothers in arms though. You're not alone on these forums, I got my CE as a gift for finally making the honor roll.
We are the real Forerunners - stewards of the Halo mantle. (we are still young)
It makes me feel old, already 10 years old: ´c how fast time passes I still remember when odst left
I first played Halo: Reach four days after launch. Now while I have had a lot of fun with it, it is my least favorite Halo in the entire series.. .yet... my most played videogame of all time. I still play it through The Master Chief Collection.
VividSnow wrote:
VividSnow wrote:
VividSnow wrote:
We are the real Forerunners - stewards of the Halo mantle. (we are still young)
I'm starting to feel it in my joints man, 3 years of Jiu Jitsu will do it to you lol.
Ekimeteo wrote:
It makes me feel old, already 10 years old: ´c how fast time passes I still remember when odst left
Yeah man one year after ODST we got Reach.
I first played Halo: Reach four days after launch. Now while I have had a lot of fun with it, it is my least favorite Halo in the entire series.. .yet... my most played videogame of all time. I still play it through The Master Chief Collection.
I play it because my friend loves it. I've grown to like it over the years. The forums actually helped with it.
Crazy how it's been 10 years and I still don't have Inheritor.
Ten years of the Reach, I never reached the top rank. Even worse that my finances do not allow me to buy the game again
Rhym wrote:
Ten years of the Reach, I never reached the top rank. Even worse that my finances do not allow me to buy the game again
Me neither. It was too much of a grind for me, like 152 in H5. I want to do them both, and I love both games but..... when you're done playing you're done playing.
Rhym wrote:
Me neither. It was too much of a grind for me, like 152 in H5. I want to do them both, and I love both games but..... when you're done playing you're done playing.
Indeed, it is and will be a wonderful game. It is part of us, memories that many will not forget. I used to throw and break my controls when I lost, now I remember and start laughing. (By the way, I'm flattered that a "Monitor" has commented on my comment, you made my day) thks.
Rhym wrote:
I... don't even know how I got Inheritor, to be honest. One day I was Reclaimer then I became Inheritor after I booted up the game around a week later. I couldn't believe it when I saw my rank.
I used to like Halo Reach, but with the time playing online i started to see how awful was playing online. In no other game have I received so many hate messages just because do an assassination. I'd rather enjoy the campaign or the shooting but I don't want to play Halo Reach online anymore.
I never got Inheritor either.
I used to like Halo Reach, but with the time playing online i started to see how awful was playing online. In no other game have I received so many hate messages just because do an assassination. I'd rather enjoy the campaign or the shooting but I don't want to play Halo Reach online anymore.
I only got mad when I was yoinked.
10 years old and I can still play and enjoy it today, nothing beats halo in console gaming!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2